Confirmed with Link: Linus Arnesson signs ELC

qc

Aug 23, 2011
There's a party at Lonnie's tonight in celebration of the news!

Free keg-cups for those who wear Swedish colors! :yo:

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Why can't he have number 8? I am sure Hodge will not mind. Ken was a good player but he does not deserve to have the number retired.

Going to file this one under...

(El Presidente probably will mind & the tribe clearly has spoken that he does deserve to have the number retired)

Attachments

• not_sure_if_serious_8.jpg
    not_sure_if_serious_8.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 4

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Going to file this one under...

(El Presidente probably will mind & the tribe clearly has spoken that he does deserve to have the number retired)

:laugh:. Hmm. Did someone else wear #8? Pretty sure nobody of note ever did. :laugh:

Also...

2015 Parade = planned.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That is a safe assumption Kirk. All I will say is whambam. BTW, is this poster still around?

he can be reached but he had enough of this site sadly- still following the Bruins and hockey just not posting anymore (told him not to let the Knight hate bother him)

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
he can be reached but he had enough of this site sadly- still following the Bruins and hockey just not posting anymore (told him not to let the Knight hate bother him)

That's too bad as he is very knowledgeable hockey poster on this board. A nice person too.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
I have to say I'm somewhat surprised over the early signing of defenseman Linus Arnesson. There's talk over here that he'll play for Djurgården whom he has yet to establish him as a regular.

As I said here earlier I expected Linus Arnesson to play another year at least in the SHL. Last year he played with the same team but then they were playing in Allsvenskan which is a division lower.

Since they qualified for the top Swedish League they have acquired some more experienced players.

I don't expect Linus to make the Providence team as early as this fall. It seems Peter Chiarelli signs every draft pick now.
But, who knows, why would they sign him to play for Djurgården.
Linus had as far as I know, another year left on his contract, but he said he was very happy to sign with the Boston Bruins.

There is Another player in Djurgården that I like for the NHL entry draft: Andreas Englund who really raced the charts and improved his game over the season to play all the playoff games: born 1996, he's 6'3 210 left shot. He's way more aggressive than Arnesson while he needs to work on skating and doesn't have the same hockey sense Linus has.

• Linus Arnesson was born Sept 21, 1994 in Stockholm, Sweden
  • Hgt: 6'2 -- Wgt: 200 -- Shoots left
  • Drafted by Boston in the second round 60th overall 2013.
  • Has played for DjurgÃ¥rden in junior and at elite level
  • Has represented Swedish National U20 World Jrs 2013, 2014.
  • Plays a good positional defensive game, used as a shutdown defensemen mainly. Good balance and good hockey sence
  • Needs to improve overall strength and aggressiveness plus an improved shot from the blue line would be needed
  • Untapped resource: I believe that we haven't yet seen the real Linus Arnesson. A fine outlet passer and playmaker who skates well, will in time develop into a fine allround defenseman who could very well challenged for a top six spot on the Bruins defense. Let's say 2-3 years down the road.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I have to say I'm somewhat surprised over the early signing of defenseman Linus Arnesson. There's talk over here that he'll play for Djurgården whom he has yet to establish him as a regular.

As I said here earlier I expected Linus Arnesson to play another year at least in the SHL. Last year he played with the same team but then they were playing in Allsvenskan which is a division lower.

Since they qualified for the top Swedish League they have acquired some more experienced players.

I don't expect Linus to make the Providence team as early as this fall. It seems Peter Chiarelli signs every draft pick now.
But, who knows, why would they sign him to play for Djurgården.
Linus had as far as I know, another year left on his contract, but he said he was very happy to sign with the Boston Bruins.

There is Another player in Djurgården that I like for the NHL entry draft: Andreas Englund who really raced the charts and improved his game over the season to play all the playoff games: born 1996, he's 6'3 210 left shot. He's way more aggressive than Arnesson while he needs to work on skating and doesn't have the same hockey sense Linus has.

• Linus Arnesson was born Sept 21, 1994 in Stockholm, Sweden
  • Hgt: 6'2 -- Wgt: 200 -- Shoots left
  • Drafted by Boston in the second round 60th overall 2013.
  • Has played for DjurgÃ¥rden in junior and at elite level
  • Has represented Swedish National U20 World Jrs 2013, 2014.
  • Plays a good positional defensive game, used as a shutdown defensemen mainly. Good balance and good hockey sence
  • Needs to improve overall strength and aggressiveness plus an improved shot from the blue line would be needed
  • Untapped resource: I believe that we haven't yet seen the real Linus Arnesson. A fine outlet passer and playmaker who skates well, will in time develop into a fine allround defenseman who could very well challenged for a top six spot on the Bruins defense. Let's say 2-3 years down the road.

Huh, maybe he is signed so that if its not working out in Djugarden he can come over to Providence and play right away???

We let Kokolachev go to Spartak Moscow but I don't think he played enough and he came back. We might be greasing the wheels to do the same with Arnesson since we probably don't want him playing SEL-2 or riding the bench and seeing no ice in the SEL.

Just a guess. Thanks for the insight!!!

HanktheHammer*

Cam Neely was #8 don't think he is getting that number

Kevin Lowe allowed Taylor Hall wear #4 and he is the Oilers team's president.

Maybe one reason why Chiarelli signed Arnesson is that he could use him as a trade asset in a deal where another team likes him so much that he has to be included in a package for a deal to transpire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad