Confirmed with Link: Linus Arnesson signs ELC

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So dumb question here.

Does signing Linus to a ELC mean he will definitely be in Providence this year, or could he stay overseas, and this contract will be in place when he wants to come over?

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Maybe, but how much would Edlers and Seids stats blow up on a team like the Hawks.

The Hjalmarsson-Oduya pairing is their shutdown pairing that faces the toughest competition and starts in their D-zone the most. They help inflate Duncan Keith's stats, not so much vice versa. Edler is just very inconsistent. High peaks and low troughs. The Bruins don't have too shabby a system, team, general defence or goaltending to help Seidenberg either. Either way, say you rank Hjalmarsson below Seids and Edler, you don't rank him that much further down that you can dismiss comparing Arnesson to Edler and Seidenberg as prepostorous whilst referencing someone else comparing him to Hjalmarsson. Obviously you're not comparing where he is or where he's likely to be to those players, you're comparing playing styles or appraising his top potential. I haven't seen much of Arnesson (sweet assist in the WJC semifinal aside), but if he turns out to be good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as those guys, good enough for me.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I like this kid. What he lacks in pure offensive skill he makes up for with smooth skating and puck retrieval skills...has a good stick too. Maybe Seidenberg 2.0? Fingers crossed.

soooo, pencil him in as a Seabrook type in a few years:laugh::sarcasm:

In all seriousness, as you stated, not a pure offensive guy, but I have all the time in the world for D-men who have agility and foot speed

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Just curious, but why the attempt to curtail discussion on a message board? How sure of how much or little I (or others) have seen Arnesson are you? And, if you doubt my credentials so much, why not at least address me directly with your concerns or issues?

I don't doubt your credentials Kirk. However, I am pissed off that you made me think about John Carter -- I'd tried so hard to forget him. Hockey credentials or not, you're going to have to work your way back into my good graces as a result.:laugh:

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
This may belong in the Bruins prospects thread

Without trying to impress here, I wrote an earlier post that Linus would stay in Sweden and play at the highest level with his old team.
Linus is a good guy besides a good hockey player and he knows it won't be easy, even finding a regular spot on Djurgården team. I'm pretty sure he will however.
The goal set for Djurgården is to reestablish them as a perennial playoff team.
They have already signed a top defenseman and a couple of forwards and they will spend more. They have a real good program from the peewees all the way up to their top squad. They have two defensemen who are highly rated for the draft this year.
So I am all for this decision and it can only help Linus getting stronger and better skill wise on the big ice surface. The rest will be done in the gym.

Read some comments about Linus from players and fans and they all said very much the same. While congratulations on the contract, they thought it was wise to stay for another year. Unless they call on him after Christmas but I consider that remote.

The Bruins are quite established in the scouting department here, and get solid accurate updated reports from the scouts here.
The Bruins have three scouts within less than an hour away from Linus home rink.
Veteran scout Sven Ake Svensson whose been with the Bruins since early 1990.
PJ Axelsson is new onboard lives in "Frolunda country" (top juniors all the way, where Anton Blidh plays) down the west coast.
Across the pond in Finland we have highly regarded scout Juukka Holtari. Holtari is the Director of Player Personell of Finnish Elite team Jyväskylä JYP.
Safe to say when Don Sweeney came here, he was very well informed how Linus had progressed and like mentioned he is the typical character the Bruins are looking for and was rewarded for it. No need for the Bruins to rush their prospects.

On a sidenote:
It was interesting to hear what Matt Grzelcyk, told Kirk Luedeke, about Linus Arnesson.
I had the pleasure of watching both from close range at the World Jrs. It's telling that Grzelcyk, who instantly became a favorite of mine, his brilliant mind set of knowing how to play the game. He take notice of small things that bring big help to him on the ice.
They are quite different as defensemen come. Arnesson is taller, plays it safe, within his limits, but a steady player.

Matt Grzelcyk was dominating in the tournament. Grzelcyk looked much bigger than listed, supremely confident in taken charge on ice. Especially on the power play. I was really surprised the way Grzelcyk handled himself on the ice.
Defensively, he didn't seem to have any problems, handling heavy forechecking by the Euro countries, or along the boards as most NA defensemen had on that big ice surface. Players seemed to just bounce off him. In fact he looked very strong and balanced.
His skating is at A+ . . I hope he recovers in time to start the season.

So the Bruins now have plenty of hope in future defensemen as Joe Morrow was excellent in Providence.
Guess there is a timetable for each, but, I have never experienced such a deep group of potential prospects today or near future.

Last edited:

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
It's allright, Gee!

It was my bad. I first wrote it down on my Iphone.
Was completely different when I looked at it here.

I hope the post surved it's purpose anyway. For those interesting
in Linus Arnesson and his environment while still playing in Sweden.

The stuff might be old news to some, but to some other's
it might be of relevance.

You were correct, Artemis, on this one.
Lack of time often prevent correction, unfortunately.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
It's allright, Gee!

It's a pleasure to read you!

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
This may belong in the Bruins prospects thread

Without trying to impress here, I wrote an earlier post that Linus would stay in Sweden and play at the highest level with his old team.
Linus is a good guy besides a good hockey player and he knows it won't be easy, even finding a regular spot on Djurgården team. I'm pretty sure he will however.
The goal set for Djurgården is to reestablish them as a perennial playoff team.
They have already signed a top defenseman and a couple of forwards and they will spend more. They have a real good program from the peewees all the way up to their top squad. They have two defensemen who are highly rated for the draft this year.
So I am all for this decision and it can only help Linus getting stronger and better skill wise on the big ice surface. The rest will be done in the gym.

Read some comments about Linus from players and fans and they all said very much the same. While congratulations on the contract, they thought it was wise to stay for another year. Unless they call on him after Christmas but I consider that remote.

The Bruins are quite established in the scouting department here, and get solid accurate updated reports from the scouts here.
The Bruins have three scouts within less than an hour away from Linus home rink.
Veteran scout Sven Ake Svensson whose been with the Bruins since early 1990.
PJ Axelsson is new onboard lives in "Frolunda country" (top juniors all the way, where Anton Blidh plays) down the west coast.
Across the pond in Finland we have highly regarded scout Juukka Holtari. Holtari is the Director of Player Personell of Finnish Elite team Jyväskylä JYP.
Safe to say when Don Sweeney came here, he was very well informed how Linus had progressed and like mentioned he is the typical character the Bruins are looking for and was rewarded for it. No need for the Bruins to rush their prospects.

On a sidenote:
It was interesting to hear what Matt Grzelcyk, told Kirk Luedeke, about Linus Arnesson.
I had the pleasure of watching both from close range at the World Jrs. It's telling that Grzelcyk, who instantly became a favorite of mine, his brilliant mind set of knowing how to play the game. He take notice of small things that bring big help to him on the ice.
They are quite different as defensemen come. Arnesson is taller, plays it safe, within his limits, but a steady player.

Matt Grzelcyk was dominating in the tournament. Grzelcyk looked much bigger than listed, supremely confident in taken charge on ice. Especially on the power play. I was really surprised the way Grzelcyk handled himself on the ice.
Defensively, he didn't seem to have any problems, handling heavy forechecking by the Euro countries, or along the boards as most NA defensemen had on that big ice surface. Players seemed to just bounce off him. In fact he looked very strong and balanced.
His skating is at A+ . . I hope he recovers in time to start the season.

So the Bruins now have plenty of hope in future defensemen as Joe Morrow was excellent in Providence.
Guess there is a timetable for each, but, I have never experienced such a deep group of potential prospects today or near future.

Thanks for the information!!

I try to watch as much SHL hockey as I can in Canada, I love the European game but its not easy to get feeds of Swedish games so someone who gets to see more then me is awesome to hear from!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
It's allright, Gee!

No problem. And it was a nice report, thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad