GDT: WCQF Game 3: LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:30pm PT | Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
As a Leafs fan, I'm flabbergasted by this game.

It's not actually allowed by the NHL to have this many power plays and 2 man advantages in a single game, right?

From what we've gathered over the last 8 years, when there is a discrepancy in power plays of 3, then the team with the deficit can't be penalized any longer until the deficit is nullified.

It's very confusing
Leafs play tomorrow. Think we can save the conspiracy theories until then.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Honestly Kane getting thrown out is absolutely ridiculous but I guess it's to settle the game down.

He didn't do anything wrong all game, had a great first 2 periods then got hit in the head and then 3 different Kings went after him after that.

Same reason that Doughty got tossed really. Chirping all game, which is fine when things are under control, but once they boil over it's easier to not have to deal with it.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Honestly Kane getting thrown out is absolutely ridiculous but I guess it's to settle the game down.

He didn't do anything wrong all game, had a great first 2 periods then got hit in the head and then 3 different Kings went after him after that.
Better for him to be in the locker room anyway, you shouldn't be around loud noises after getting hit in the head. Better to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: Summer Rose

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
No, this is what happens when a team is completely out of options and on their way to a third straight first round exit by the same team. Kings have no option but to try to throw Edmonton of their game physically. Eventually they crossed the threshold with the refs.

Kinda like they did the last game.....ok....cool.

Reactions: Summer Rose

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Nice

Attachments

• IMG_0815.png
    IMG_0815.png
    318.6 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.