Lines with ROR

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Watch...the first time the Staz line struggles...Landy is back with ROR immediately

That does scream Sacco. Maybe Landy will just never stop scoring goals when he has a shift with Staz so Sacco doesn't even get the chance to do what Joe Sacco does. Although they might be playing too well then, forcing Sacco to do a Sacco-thing and break them up.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
O'Reilly hasn't played a lot of hockey. He has just played eleven games in the last ten months, all of them in KHL. He hasn't had a camp.

While I am sure he's physically ready, he needs to get match fit. Playing with Mitchell and Hejduk is fine for now.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Like other people have said, Brody, Mc, Olver, amd Kobasew were switched out throughout. Didn't really notice Pajamas out there.

It also looked like ROR was on the point on the PP at some point. Could be nothing though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
At least Ryan makes some sense on the point. I'm sure he'd be great at walking the line and keeping clearances in the zone, he's got that heavy shot and is a capable perimeter passer. Dutchy on the point was just as dumb as it gets.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
At least Ryan makes some sense on the point. I'm sure he'd be great at walking the line and keeping clearances in the zone, he's got that heavy shot and is a capable perimeter passer. Dutchy on the point was just as dumb as it gets.

Agreed.

He has a very heavy shot and good vision to distribute with.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
That does scream Sacco. Maybe Landy will just never stop scoring goals when he has a shift with Staz so Sacco doesn't even get the chance to do what Joe Sacco does. Although they might be playing too well then, forcing Sacco to do a Sacco-thing and break them up.

Haha ohhhh noo!!

It's always a lose-lose situation with the Sacmeister.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
O'Reilly on Mitchell's wing?!?! :laugh:... Mitchell is not actually Malkin, you know?!

Please inform me what's so funny? I don't see O'Reilly earning those minutes, yeah he's been good in the past but as of this season Mitchell has been excellent for us in the 3C role, and to the poster who said we can't rely on guys like that, based off of his play this season you can't put John Mitchell in the same category as Olver, Zanon etc, Mitchell has been one of our best players so far. Mitchell deserves the minutes he's getting, and seeing Sacco put him with O'Reilly and Hejduk is the correct move

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Landeskog - Stastny - Jones
McGinn - Duchene - Parenteau
Mitchell - O'Reilly - Hejduk
McLeod - Olver - Palushaj
Bordeleau - Kobasew

IR: Downie

Hunwick - O'Byrne
Hejda - Barrie
Zannon - Elliott
O'Brien

IR: Johnson, Wilson

Varlamov
Giguere

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Please inform me what's so funny? I don't see O'Reilly earning those minutes, yeah he's been good in the past but as of this season Mitchell has been excellent for us in the 3C role, and to the poster who said we can't rely on guys like that, based off of his play this season you can't put John Mitchell in the same category as Olver, Zanon etc, Mitchell has been one of our best players so far. Mitchell deserves the minutes he's getting, and seeing Sacco put him with O'Reilly and Hejduk is the correct move

It is funny because you don't move ROR to Mitchell's wing, it's the other way around... Mitchell will have to keep the same level of play or he will be in the 4th line.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Landeskog - Stastny - Jones
McLeod - Olver - Palushaj
Bordeleau - Kobasew

IR: Downie

Hunwick - O'Byrne
Hejda - Barrie
Zannon - Elliott
O'Brien

IR: Johnson, Wilson

Varlamov
Giguere

Absolutely zero reason for Palushaj to be on the 4th line. Kobasew is infinitely better in that role.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Absolutely zero reason for Palushaj to be on the 4th line. Kobasew is infinitely better in that role.

Kobasew is a pending UFA who's going to be moved by the deadline. Palushaj is a serviceable 4th liner at half the cost of Kobasew. Might as well get him acustom to that role now, since's he's behind Jones, Parenteau and Downie on the RW depth chart.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Kobasew is a pending UFA who's going to be moved by the deadline. Palushaj is a serviceable 4th liner at half the cost of Kobasew. Might as well get him acustom to that role now, since's he's behind Jones, Parenteau and Downie on the RW depth chart.

I can't see Palushaj as a 4th liner. Seems to not be strong enough on the puck.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site

Coach Sacco? That you? That's possibly the worst reasoning to give a player a spot over another I've read. Kobasew is a better 4th liner than Pajamas. Thus he should play there.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Palushaj should be playing on the second line , he doesnt bring enough checking skills to be on a 3rd or a 4th line . Lucky for him , we are running 3 scoring line , so he may fit with our system . But under normal circumstances , he's not the kind of guy that you find on the 3rd/4th line . That's probably why you found him in the the AHL so much .

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
Saw somewhere that Jones isn't playing today.
Great opportunity for Stastny to do something today.

Landeskog - Stastny - Palushaj
McLeod - Olver - Kobasew

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario

McLeod - Olver - Kobasew

hahahahahahahhahahaha at your avatar. Well done.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011

McLeod - Olver - Kobasew

Any idea where you heard this?

I haven't seen anything about Jones posted (website, Twitter, etc.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad