Lines with ROR

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You really want Johnny Malkin on O'Reilly's wing? Olver should be the guy to move to wing, he's a terrible faceoff guy.

No, because knowing Joe Sacco the 4th line will get anywhere from 3-6 minutes of ice time per game and Mitchell deserves more than that with the way he's played. You don't throw Olver out there for defensive zone faceoffs so I don't see what the big deal is, obviously its great winning draws but he's not harming us in the defensive zone circle

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Olver fits better on the wing, Malkin seems like the kind of guy who needs that extra ice to carry the puck to be at his most effective.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
As for Staz and Landy, why would you wanna break them up now that Sacco has finally put our best finisher and cycler with our best playmaker/set-up guy, and they've just clicked? If Staz/Lando keep it up there's no way I'm breaking those two up, like PAP and Dutchy, they just fit too well together and are already showing chemistry.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If by clicking you mean Landy carrying his and jones' ass then yeah, they're clicking. I prefer to put the best players with the best players, they just happen to have the most chemistry is a bonus.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You can't say he's carried Paul any more than you can see he carried ROR last year. Landy's awesome, and playing with awesome players is better than playing with Pajamas and a drunk Davey Jones. That much is obvious, but I'm not sure Ryan is better than Staz at all, and Paul is clearly the better playmaker who can reach higher levels with Gabe than Ryan could if they continue to gel.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I think Landy has to go back with O'reilly immediately. Avs will look stupid paying him that contract if he's going to be wasted on the third line.

Mcginn-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-O'reilly-Olver
Hejduk-Staz-Jones
Mcleod-Mitchell-Kobasew

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't get that logic, would they look less stupid paying Stastny that same money to play on the third line? Ryan still needs to get into the swing of things and Landy-Stastny could be a better pair for helping the team win that Landy-O'Reilly, and that's much important than who's getting paid what.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I don't get that logic, would they look less stupid paying Stastny that same money to play on the third line? Ryan still needs to get into the swing of things and Landy-Stastny could be a better pair for helping the team win that Landy-O'Reilly, and that's much important than who's getting paid what.
Logic? There is no logic there, only more of the weird hatred of Stastny that permeates this board and the mind of Adrian Dater.

Put ROR on the wing with Stastny and Lando or put him on the 3rd line until he gets in game shape or until he plays himself onto the 2nd line or Stastny plays himself off of it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No, because knowing Joe Sacco the 4th line will get anywhere from 3-6 minutes of ice time per game and Mitchell deserves more than that with the way he's played. You don't throw Olver out there for defensive zone faceoffs so I don't see what the big deal is, obviously its great winning draws but he's not harming us in the defensive zone circle

I dunno...Sacco does like to roll 4 lines when he's able. He just didn't roll the 4th beforehand because the depleted roster left that line more than a bit suspect. Seriously, you do not want Bordy-Olver-Kobasew out there for more than 5 minutes. If Malkin's there and he tries to balance it all out with Duchene/Stastny/O'Reilly/Mitchell up the middle you'll see more of the 4th line.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
McGinn-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Hejduk
Jones-Stastny-Palushaj

Mcleod-Mitchell-Kobasew/Bordeleau

Now we can roll out 3 lines a la 2010 Hawks.

Roll the top 3 lines evenly with the most productive line of the game getting a little extra time.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
there is no way we can play mitchell 4th line minutes the way he's been playing, i'd say slot him where downie would be playing or switch wings for him as we have 3 right handed wingers. in duke, jones and pap.

olver is the one who takes a hit in icetime.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Starting off I think he'll be flanked by John Mitchell and Milan Hejduk.

Long term? He'll probably he re-united with Gabe Landeskog.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Knowing Sacco, this is what I see happening on Sunday:

O'Reilly will play on all 4 lines, while even creating a 5th and 6th line, before the game is over.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I dunno...Sacco does like to roll 4 lines when he's able. He just didn't roll the 4th beforehand because the depleted roster left that line more than a bit suspect. Seriously, you do not want Bordy-Olver-Kobasew out there for more than 5 minutes. If Malkin's there and he tries to balance it all out with Duchene/Stastny/O'Reilly/Mitchell up the middle you'll see more of the 4th line.

Well then put O'Reilly on Mitchell's wing, I want Mitchell playing his regular 17 minutes a night that he's earned, not 8-10 minutes on the 4th line

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I think Landy has to go back with O'reilly immediately. Avs will look stupid paying him that contract if he's going to be wasted on the third line.

Mcginn-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-O'reilly-Olver
Hejduk-Staz-Jones
Mcleod-Mitchell-Kobasew

Mcginn-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-O'reilly-Hejduk
McLeod-Staz-Jones
Olver-Mitchell-Kobasew

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Well then put O'Reilly on Mitchell's wing, I want Mitchell playing his regular 17 minutes a night that he's earned, not 8-10 minutes on the 4th line

O'Reilly on Mitchell's wing?!?! :laugh:... Mitchell is not actually Malkin, you know?!

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010

Mitchell has been doing well playing in a role he's unsuited for but we will continue to be a bad team as long as we're relying on Mitchell, Olver, Hunwick, Zanon, and O'byrne eto play big minutes.

If we can get him and Olver back to playing 4th line minutes that would be ideal but with Downie out one of them will unfortunately have to continue playing over their head.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm genuinely surprised Sacco made a good decision. Sakic must've given him the idea. Start Ryan out with Duke and Malkin/Olver, then re-assess in a couple games.

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
4th line Brody-Kobasew-Mc.

This is at the beginning of practice though.

I dont hate that at all. Theres lots of versatility on the 4th for swapping out guys who dont slot in the top 2 lines or Malkin-RoR-Duke as being tested today. Bordy will most likely swap out with Trololol against soft teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad