McGinn - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - Stastny - Jones
Mitchell - O'Reilly - Hejduk
Kobasew - Olver - McLeod

??

Man, too bad Downie is out.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Our bottom 6 has been playing fine. We want to unite Landy and O'reilly for chemistry purposes obviously but also don't want to waste Stastny. I say we pull an SJ/Boston and put try Stastny on the wing to load up our top 6. I know he played there when he was much younger and was reasonably effective even though his game may not be typical for a winger.

Mcginn - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - O'reilly - Stastny
Jones - Mitchell - Hejduk
Mcleod - Olver - Bordelau

Give the top two lines 20/21 mins a night.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm a fan of putting together three scoring lines.

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-Jones/Hejduk
Mitchell/Mcleod-RoR-Hejduk/Jones

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Our bottom 6 has been playing fine. We want to unite Landy and O'reilly for chemistry purposes obviously but also don't want to waste Stastny. I say we pull an SJ/Boston and put try Stastny on the wing to load up our top 6. I know he played there when he was much younger and was reasonably effective even though his game may not be typical for a winger.

Mcginn - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - O'reilly - Stastny
Jones - Mitchell - Hejduk
Mcleod - Olver - Bordelau

Give the top two lines 20/21 mins a night.

I would love to see but don't think it will happen. Sacco will put O'Reilly on the third line with Mitchell. Once we hit some struggles he won't be hesitant to Move Ryan into the top 6.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm a fan of putting together three scoring lines.

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-Jones/Hejduk
Mitchell/Mcleod-RoR-Hejduk/Jones

Not enough talent for three scoring lines. Our centers aren't good enough to carry lines, they need to trade a centermen soon.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I would like to see Stazz on the wing. I think he'd excel there, even though he and O'Reilly are certainly not fleet of foot.

I feel like Landy/O'reilly/Staz all like to play the game at a similar pace and with a similar style. I think it could work, despite being a slower line.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
I know Jones got a goal tonight, but I still think he has earned a demotion to the 3rd line until he puts in a 4 million dollar effort more consistently.

I'd like to see:

Landeskog - Stastny - Hejduk
McLeod - O'Reilly - Jones
Bordeleau - Mitchell - Kobasew (Olver)

Scratch: Kobasew/Olver...or whoever gets injured first...

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
damn, I thought he might have a drug addiction we didn't know about :sarcasm:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I know Jones got a goal tonight, but I still think he has earned a demotion to the 3rd line until he puts in a 4 million dollar effort more consistently.

I'd like to see:

Landeskog - Stastny - Hejduk
McLeod - O'Reilly - Jones
Bordeleau - Mitchell - Kobasew (Olver)

Scratch: Kobasew/Olver...or whoever gets injured first...

You may think oreilly needs to be punished but that's cruel and unusual.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Why do we need Bordeleau and his 5 minutes of ice time in the line up? Leave Kobasew in there, he's the better hockey player.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Why do we need Bordeleau and his 5 minutes of ice time in the line up? Leave Kobasew in there, he's the better hockey player.

I like Bordy in the lineup. I think he's a pretty decent hockey player, outside of being one of the Avs best heavyweights in history.

I think he got his minutes cut tonight, because they were behind, and maybe because of that BS charging penalty. I still can't believe they called that, but have let go so many worse hits this year. That was a reputation call for sure.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is it safe to assume that Pajamas is going back on the waiver wire?

Possibly at some point, though I believe they only have 22 on the active roster with EJ, Wilson, and Downie on the IR. O'Reilly wouldn't bump anyone at this point.

I wonder if they'll demote other guys first though. I doubt they'll put Mitchell on the 4th line, and Kobasew is probably unlikely as is Olver being the only other real center, so my bet would be Bordy or Elliott. I would vote Elliott, because I think Bordy has earned the right to stick around and collect an NHL salary.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I have to admit... I wonder where we go from here. The question is really 'next year' with Duchene, Stastny & O'Reilly down the middle.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Jamie McGinn ($1.750m) / Matt Duchene ($3.500m) / P-A Parenteau ($4.000m)
Gabriel Landeskog ($3.575m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / Nathan Horton ($5.000m)
David Jones ($4.000m) / Ryan O'Reilly ($5.000m) / Steve Downie ($2.650m)
Cody McLeod ($1.150m) / John Mitchell ($1.100m) / Chuck Kobasew ($1.250m)
Mark Olver ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Duncan Siemens ($1.419m) / Erik Johnson ($3.750m)
Jan Hejda ($3.250m) / Tyson Barrie ($0.900m)
Ryan Wilson ($2.250m) / Matt Hunwick ($1.600m)
Shane O'Brien ($2.000m) /
GOALTENDERS
Semyon Varlamov ($2.833m)
Jean-Sebastien Giguere ($1.500m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $56,990,000; BONUSES: $3,235,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $10,545,000 ($7,310,00 without bonuses)
------
CALCULATOR LOG
* Chuck Kobasew signed as free agent for $1,250,000.
* Stefan Elliott demoted.
* Traded Greg Zanon
* Nathan Horton signed as free agent for $5,000,000.
* Duncan Siemens recalled.

Obviously even with a free-agent signing of like 5M we have 7M in cap space. I just used Horton as an example btw.. If Stastny is willing to stay and take a hair cut of 1M and O'Reilly is extended on a longer term 5M AAV contract.

We have 8M to give Duchene, Landeskog, and Varly raises. Duchene (5.5M), Varly(4.8M) & Landeskog(5.575) with a 2M raise per (6M total). Get rid of O'Brien's 2M and we still have 4.3M in cap space...

McGinn @ 4M is a 2.25M raise leaving 2.1M...

Obviously Jones could be moved out if need be as well opening up more room. The rest of the guys could be given raises as the salary cap starts to rise again.

I can't see how this team is not going to become a cap team in the near future. Especially if we keep all three centers with an AAV of around 16-17M. This proves we can do it though...

(Obviously the lines could be switched around a bit depending on personal opinion.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad