Line Combos: Lines with Cole

DATS-O-MATIC

Nov 23, 2004
Yeah, hopefully:

Abdelkader Z Nyquist
Cole Datsyuk Tatar
Pulu Sheahan Weiss
Jurco Glendening Miller

yeah, hopefully Helm is back & good to go for the playoffs...imagine if Fanzen came back too? Wow:D

8---40--14
21--13--43 (Cole til Helm returns)
Cole--15---90 (Weiss would really excell with these 2 & he deserves it !!)
Jurco--41---Pulkkinen...that 4th line is tops in the league & can play cherry-pick, as they have a bit of everything:nod:

...COLE can PK Millers spot! ...then IF FRANZEN ever plays this season, he could slot in for Jurco or Pulkkinen...Holy Crap, that's a lot of firepower

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Easiest fit is right into Helm's spot on the Datsyuk line.

Could see some different scenarios as well, never know how Babcock is thinking. A line with Sheahan and Cole could be really difficult to play against for example.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Don't think there will be any kid of surprises.

Akader/Cole - Zeta - Nyquist
Akader/Cole - Dats - Tatar
Weiss - Sheahan - Pulu/Jurco
Miller - Glendening - Andersson/Jurco

Mule IR
helm IR
Cleary benchwarmer

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
He still moves pretty well for his age...he can be effective in the top 6. I don't know if he gets power play time...maybe on the second unit. He played under 15 minutes a night in Dallas...I don't see him getting more than that here.

If Helm is out for a bit...Cole is a natural replacement for Helm next to Pavel and Tatar. He'll play the body and he can do the dirty work in the corners and in front of the net.

He's not a sexy name anymore but he'll be a useful player wherever he's used. He might actually be more effective than a healthy Franzen right now. He's got postseason experience as well...two long runs with the Hurricanes in the past.

Hckytwn

Don't do it Kenny...
Jul 9, 2010
Seattle, WA
Cole will end up on the 4th line. Mark my words. Babcock is the master of the passive aggressive F-you to Ken Holland for not getting him the D-upgrade he needed while adding another old fwd to the mix. We saw it with Legwand last year. We see it with Weiss all the time.

I hope it works out better than that, but I think that's a very real possibility.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Hes a better versio of Helm for theDatsyuk line. Similar style, speed but Cole has more of a scoring touch. I hope he fits in there and when Helm is back he can play on the third line and be more of an energy type player. Instead of playing Helm in the top 6 you can kinda unleash him when you need a momentum boost like they used to do. The 2008 playoffs he was like letting a dog off the chain and would just fly around out there

davecrockburn

Jun 8, 2011
Helm - Datsyuk - Tatar
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkader
Cole - Sheahan - Weiss
Miller - Glendening - Jurco/Andersson

Pulkkinen goes back down once Helm gets healthy.

Kronwall - Ericsson
Dekeyser - Zidlicky
Smith - Marchenko
Quincey? Kindl?

We don't have much room here and Quincey shouldn't sit but neither should Smith in my mind. Marchy needs to stay up.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
^ Remember who had played with though...Dallas is rotten defensively.

And he's not here for his defense anyway. That's why you put him on a line with Pavel.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
If by some miracle we get 100% healthy come playoff time, what will the lines look like. I'll give it a try...

Tatar-Dats-Helm
Franzen-Z-Nyquist
Abby-Sheahan-Weiss
Miller-Glendening-Cole

Kronwall-Big E
DDK-KFQ
Smith-Zidlicky

Not saying this is what I would like to see, but it's what I think we would see. Or something similar with the same players.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
With Z back but Helm out:

Tatar-Datsyuk-Cole
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
Weiss-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Jurco

With Z and Helm back:

Tatar-Datsyuk-Helm
Weiss-Sheahan-Cole
Miller-Glendening-Jurco

With Z, Helm, and Franzen:

Tatar-Datsyuk-Helm
Franzen-Sheahan-Cole
Miller-Weiss-Glendening

This line makes me feel strange things... a good kind of strange:yo:

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Sounds like Helm will be back soon enough. Under that scenario, either Pulk or Jurco go down to GR. Hopefully Pulkkinen. Love the guy butm Jurco has been playing a more needed role on the team. (Board battles, etc) We have no shortage of guys who can take shots and are currently more effective at it than Pulk. Not a knock on him, just that he's inexperienced.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
This line makes me feel strange things... a good kind of strange:yo:

I think a third line of Franzen - Sheahan - Cole would be dominant against their matchups. So much size and skill, and plenty of speed as well with Sheahan and Cole.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Assuming Franzen is out for the season...

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Cole - Datsyuk - Tatar
Helm - Sheahan - Weiss
Miller - Glendening - Jurco

Kronwall - Ericsson
Dekeyser - Quincey
Zidlicky - Smith

This is pretty much what I think Babcock will roll with.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
This is what actual depth looks like. Not just an abundance of warm bodies we've had the last handful of years. I'm pleased with this forward group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad