Line Combos: Lines with Cole

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
This might be the most I've agreed with the team's lines in a couple of years

Amazing what adding the missing pieces has done to the complexion. Even without Franzen, that's 3 really deep lines and then you've got a powerplay quarterback for both units.

I don't know if this is the best Wings team we've seen in the playoffs since 2009, but on paper, it's starting to shape up that way.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Amazing what adding the missing pieces has done to the complexion. Even without Franzen, that's 3 really deep lines and then you've got a powerplay quarterback for both units.

I don't know if this is the best Wings team we've seen in the playoffs since 2009, but on paper, it's starting to shape up that way.

I'd have to say overall team depth is probably the best since 09, but the team is certainly weaker due to Lidstrom's absence. There was a pretty clear divide between top 6 Fs and bottom 6 Fs since then, now it seems like 9 or 10 of our forwards could realistically be considered top 6 Fs league-wide, though that distinction is pretty arbitrary. You know what I mean, though.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'd have to say overall team depth is probably the best since 09, but the team is certainly weaker due to Lidstrom's absence. There was a pretty clear divide between top 6 Fs and bottom 6 Fs since then, now it seems like 9 or 10 of our forwards could realistically be considered top 6 Fs league-wide, though that distinction is pretty arbitrary. You know what I mean, though.

It's a weaker team, but the competition probably isn't as good either? If that makes sense. I think the salary cap has finally started to balance things out more evenly. I have a much harder time picking favorites, aside from Chicago, but even they aren't a sure deal now with Kane out.

But yeah, it's arbitrary to make the distinctions, but it's pretty nice to see the 3 scoring lines making a return to Detroit. Think about last year as the team limped into the playoffs with ONE scoring line. The last time I think Detroit was really capable of running 3 scoring lines is when they brought in Modano to center the 3rd line, but that didn't really work out.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
It's a weaker team, but the competition probably isn't as good either? If that makes sense. I think the salary cap has finally started to balance things out more evenly. I have a much harder time picking favorites, aside from Chicago, but even they aren't a sure deal now with Kane out.

But yeah, it's arbitrary to make the distinctions, but it's pretty nice to see the 3 scoring lines making a return to Detroit. Think about last year as the team limped into the playoffs with ONE scoring line. The last time I think Detroit was really capable of running 3 scoring lines is when they brought in Modano to center the 3rd line, but that didn't really work out.

Yeah, I'm excited. No more Sharks, Ducks, Hawks, etc. to worry about in the East, either. And now that Boston is clearly losing steam, I think we can say that we belong in the conversation. Several other good teams in the East, but I like our odds.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
“Definitely a good tempo to the practice and the guys told me it was actually a lighter one to come into,†said Cole

the system I was playing in Dallas has a lot of similarities just explained a little differently and more attention to detail

Yeah, I'm excited. No more Sharks, Ducks, Hawks, etc. to worry about in the East, either. And now that Boston is clearly losing steam, I think we can say that we belong in the conversation. Several other good teams in the East, but I like our odds.

we've heard the line 'we like our team' a lot but this time, it's actually true.

Last edited by a moderator:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I would prefer he reached out himself. But still good on Jamie Benn to make sure Z was passes along an apology.

Agreed.

I don't see Benn as a dirty player. But with that said, I still think he should've been suspended for at least a game for that cheap shot.

Z gets cheap-shotted way, way too much for these things to continue to be ignored by the league.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
“These are two veteran guys that have done it a lot of times so I’m not too worried about them,†Babcock said. “The number one thing for me is finding out about their family situation and trying to make them as comfortable as we can. We want it going good, get them in with the guys and get a game under their belt.â€

See, that right there is classy.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Liked that extract pretty much either.

“I sat down with the two of them and I said exactly this, ‘Picture who you are in your mind’s eye and the player you are and just do that. That’s why we acquired you,’” [..] “Then I said, ‘Here’s our structure. Now you have to find a way to do the two together.’ I don’t want them thinking when they get on the ice I want them playing. It’ll show over time. We didn’t get them here to change them. We got them here so they could do what they do and we’ll figure out a way to make it work for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: