Line Combos: Line/Roster Moves 21/22 - The Naurato Edition

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
E-yqe_HX0AI9Iqo
Just saw this, to follow up my last post..

E-zG1GSXEAEkKUq

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
E-yqe_HX0AI9Iqo
Just saw this, to follow up my last post..

E-zG1GSXEAEkKUq
If you assume he plays 20 min/game, that averages out to 1 deke and 4 zone entries per game. While it's great that he's a statistical leader, it's still not gonna be enough to compensate for the offensive deficiencies on this team.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If you assume he plays 20 min/game, that averages out to 1 deke and 4 zone entries per game. While it's great that he's a statistical leader, it's still not gonna be enough to compensate for the offensive deficiencies on this team.

Yeah, but we got another guy in Seider. He'll put Heiskanen-level of numbers on the table. That's how good he is.

We add double-effect, thanks to both Leddy and Seider, and then we have one on each pair, when Hronek was kind of the only skill guy at last season.

Leddy - X
X - Seider
X- Hronek

It'll start to be a legit defence.

More continuous transition, less defensive zone faceoffs, more offensive zone Ice-Time and final outcome will be a lot more offensive production for ALL PLAYERS. Same struggling players from earlier season start producing more. People in here start talking how player X, Y and Z have "taken the next step", but real thing is the great transition defence.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah, but we got another guy in Seider. He'll put Heiskanen-level of numbers on the table. That's how good he is.

We add double-effect, thanks to both Leddy and Seider, and then we have one on each pair, when Hronek was kind of the only skill guy at last season.

Leddy - X
X - Seider
X- Hronek

It'll start to be a legit defence.

More continuous transition, less defensive zone faceoffs, more offensive zone Ice-Time and final outcome will be a lot more offensive production for ALL PLAYERS. Same struggling players from earlier season start producing more. People in here start talking how player X, Y and Z have "taken the next step", but real thing is the great transition defence.
I would assume Leddy would be playing with Hronek or Seider, not third pair plug like Lindstrom/Stecher/Oesterle.

Transition game certainly helps, but that comes from outlet passes, not dekes and zone entries. We need the forwards to do that, and unless Tanguay convinces Blash to commit more to offense, the team is always going to have issues scoring.

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
If I'm Berggren I'm throwing Witkowski a case of beer and a carton of chokes to take out Fabbri in camp scrimages. Fabbri is made of paper machete so it shouldn't take much.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If I'm Berggren I'm throwing Witkowski a case of beer and a carton of chokes to take out Fabbri in camp scrimages. Fabbri is made of paper machete so it shouldn't take much.
He had COVID and a concussion this season, not related to his previous knee injuries.

Wishing harm to one of our leading scorers is in bad taste, even if it was a joke. If I want Berggren to replace anyone, it's the useless warm bodies on the bottom 2 lines.

Besides, Witter and Rowney are pretty established as far as what they can do, they don't need to prove it in practice and injuring a teammate in practice is a good way for a guy like him to get sent to the AHL, which is where he's going anyways. He's on a 2 way contract for a reason, and he probably picked the Wings because GR is pretty damn close to Holland, I believe he still has a house there.

abparry87

Jun 11, 2010
Australia
They had problems with the Lou powerplay sire. All season long, as before that season too. Pulock and dobson didn't quite get it. Toews neither back then. They tried so many different combos and leddy just stayed for a while. He (was not the reason) the powerplay got better. Other soldiers were. He (leddy) was just an accident. He won't be able to keep up with the nhl for long. Hronek is the key guy, much more harder too :clap: I like his game for life sire. Leddy was for years just an accident who came in when others crumbled under so many different situations.... leddy was just waiting for his chance. And he played some. Won't for long.
Who do you think you are using “sire” over and over again?

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
He had COVID and a concussion this season, not related to his previous knee injuries.

Wishing harm to one of our leading scorers is in bad taste, even if it was a joke. If I want Berggren to replace anyone, it's the useless warm bodies on the bottom 2 lines.

Besides, Witter and Rowney are pretty established as far as what they can do, they don't need to prove it in practice and injuring a teammate in practice is a good way for a guy like him to get sent to the AHL, which is where he's going anyways. He's on a 2 way contract for a reason, and he probably picked the Wings because GR is pretty damn close to Holland, I believe he still has a house there.
Of course it was a joke but the idea that it was in bad taste even for a joke is ridiculous.
Berggren isn't going to get called up because Gagne gets hurt. In that case they just insert Rowney or Witter. Berggren won't get a shot unless a top 6 player gets hurt and even then it's unlikely.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Of course it was a joke but the idea that it was in bad taste even for a joke is ridiculous.
Berggren isn't going to get called up because Gagne gets hurt. In that case they just insert Rowney or Witter. Berggren won't get a shot unless a top 6 player gets hurt and even then it's unlikely.
Rowney will play, but I doubt Witter gets called up. He's too slow even for low event hockey. Veleno is more than likely the first call up in any case, the only way Berggren gets called up is if he absolutely lights up the AHL.

I'd just as soon run all of the kids on the third line, but pretty obvious that's not in Stevie's plan for this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I would assume Leddy would be playing with Hronek or Seider, not third pair plug like Lindstrom/Stecher/Oesterle.

Transition game certainly helps, but that comes from outlet passes, not dekes and zone entries. We need the forwards to do that, and unless Tanguay convinces Blash to commit more to offense, the team is always going to have issues scoring.

You would ASSUME...

...But we have this guy as our coach.

View media item 8291

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He is very good at skating, nothing wrong with his skating
He had a very awkward stance in the beginning of the season which was corrected, and skated better towards the end of the season. He doesn't leverage very well when standing and not skating. He's too easy to push over despite his size.

I don't think Raz is gonna amount to a whole lot, kinda sucks to wind up with a bottom 6 player with a top 10 pick, but at least he'll have an NHL career unlike the previous two first round picks. Holland was really bad drafting in the first round....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad