Line Combos: Line combos

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
With the acquisition of Thornton, I must wonder if they are counting on Lundell at all at this point. I guess they will ease him in and make him learn from Thornton and Barky.
He needs somebody with speed so I'd for sure put him with Duke and Franky.

Verhaege - Barkov - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Tippett
Vatrano - Thornton/Lundell - Duclair
Marchment - Acciari - Hörnqvist

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I know Reinhart didn't exactly sign to be a 3C, but he did play center after Eichel went down. And with the success of the top two lines as constructed...can they bump Reinhart down the lineup for scoring depth?

Verhaege - Barkov - Duclair
Thornton/Lundell - Reinhart - Vatrano
Marchment - Acciari - Hornqvist
Mamin, Luostarinen, Lammiko, Lomberg

Lundell can get eased in and Thornton gets every other night off. The Panthers have an army of depth players in reserve too. I would probably expect a Vatrano trade at some point (at least just for cap space).

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hell yeah baby. A Honky Tonk Man sighting.

FamousKindheartedKid-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Think it’s a waste to play Hornqvist anywhere but middle 6. Unless he’s fallen off a lot entering the season.

Probably PP2? But PP1 possible.

Line of Hubs-Barkov-Reinheart would be great. But they’ll probably keep Hubs with Bennett.

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Think it’s a waste to play Hornqvist anywhere but middle 6. Unless he’s fallen off a lot entering the season.

Probably PP2? But PP1 possible.

Line of Hubs-Barkov-Reinheart would be great. But they’ll probably keep Hubs the Bennett.

No reason to break up the two pairs (Carter/Barkov & Huby/Bennett). Reinhart of Barkov's line will be a top all-around line in the league, and as long as Bennett can continue to score, our second line should be a great scoring line.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
No reason to break up the two pairs (Carter/Barkov & Huby/Bennett). Reinhart of Barkov's line will be a top all-around line in the league, and as long as Bennett can continue to score, our second line should be a great scoring line.
Agreed. Verswaggy, Barkov and Reinhart is going to be a nasty line to play against. They are going to cause some chaos in the offensive zone.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone.

For those who don’t subscribe to THG. He’s not an insider or anything, just a fan of the Game who does a nice job of keeping up with the NHL and puts out a fair amount of content, which is nice during the off-season.

I thought some of you might enjoy his Season preview for the Team during these slow news days of August, or perhaps share this with someone just learning about your Team.

I find that although THG isn’t the most exciting personality, he breaks things down nicely for those newer to the Game or looking for regular content of the non-biased variety.

Cheers,

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
With the acquisition of Thornton, I must wonder if they are counting on Lundell at all at this point. I guess they will ease him in and make him learn from Thornton and Barky.
He needs somebody with speed so I'd for sure put him with Duke and Franky.

Verhaege - Barkov - Reinhart
Vatrano - Thornton/Lundell - Duclair
Marchment - Acciari - Hörnqvist
Can Lundell’s contract slide this year if he plays in AHL or Finland? Not sure because he signed in his D+1 season but also in age 20 season

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Can Lundell’s contract slide this year if he plays in AHL or Finland? Not sure because he signed in his D+1 season but also in age 20 season
Found the following on Capfriendly - it looks like that his contract will not "slide" since he will turn 20 on October 3:
What is an Entry Level Slide?

If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.

Players who sign at 18 years old are eligible to have their contracted extended for 2 seasons. This extension does not apply if the player turns 20 between September 16 and December 31 in his signing year. Signing bonuses do not slide, and are paid to the player regardless of a slide, this causes the annual average of the players contract to change, and therefore the cap hit decreases for this player

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
It’s insane the depth we have upfront. If Q decides to keep Marchment with Barkov for example which hey if it works then who cares, all that matters is that the lines work, but they play him with Barkov and say reinhart together, keep the entire 2nd line intact, our 3rd line could be Lundell with the winger combo of verhaeghe-Duclair with vatrano and hornqvist both on the 4th….that’s insane to think about. There’s so many possibilities with this lineup

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I think it'd be a good idea to put Duclair on the third line with Lundell. Duke looks like one of those players who could dominate the opponent's bottom 4 (so long as he had decent forwards to play with). Meanwhile, he just looks kind of average on the first line. Duke's speed will open up a lot of space for Lundell to work.

The bottom 6 will be a never ending game of musical chairs, but I think Hippo and Marchment would both be good fits. That line needs some aggression and some forecheck. Those two have different skillsets, but we'll see what works.

I'm really not interested in Vatrano being in the lineup tbqh. I thank him for the clutch goals last year, but he's just blocking the young wingers, and he won't help Lundell develop with his inability to mesh with linemates.

Not worried about the speed of the fourth line. I can't imagine Thornton/Hornqvist playing on the same night. They'll get ample amounts of rest throughout the season.

Reinhart should start as a wing. Yes, he looked good as the 1C in Buffalo, but we know that he can succeed on the wing. We know that Bennett can't do shit on the wing. Barkov and Bennett will get injured or suspended at some point, and unless Lundell comes out guns blazing out of the gate, we'll probably need to kickstart our third line at some point. Rhino will get plenty of chances to fill-in at Center.

Reactions: danktopshelf

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Do people think Denisenko needs another full year in the minors?
Based on what I've seen, he's in the Owen Tippett category of "ready to be in the NHL, not ready to succeed in the NHL."
He's the type of guy you put as the third wheel on any line in the top 9. Unfortunately, we don't have enough space for somebody like that. Also, Hippo is more ready to make an impact, a year older, and should be able to succeed playing with anybody--unlike Denisenko.

I predict that Grigori will be sent down and called up more than once this year.

airbud

Dec 24, 2019
Know you guys love verhaeghe on that top line but could you imagine
Huby Barky Bennett
Verhaeghe Reinhart Duke
Horny Lundell Tippet
Mamin Thornton Marchment

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Know you guys love verhaeghe on that top line but could you imagine
Huby Barky Bennett
Verhaeghe Reinhart Duke
Horny Lundell Tippet
Mamin Thornton Marchment
I feel like we can shuffle the names in any order and I would like the combos. Edit: tried it. It is not the case

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad