Huberdeau Bennett Reinhart
Verhaeghe Lundell Marchment
Lomberg Luostarinen Hornqvist

Extra: Vatrano, Thornton, Tippett

Could be a handful for any team to deal with

Reactions: harv33173

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019

I'm not sure about your comparison to Kozlov, but yes I do want to see more of Maxim. He has a valuable size / speed combo that cannot be taught, and he's clearly a force when he's being aggressive on the forecheck. As his confidence grows, I believe there is a more skilled offensive side to his game that is yet to be seen. That pass to set up Barky's tap-in goal was sweet. And his one-timer the other day off the faceoff win, including when it occurred with the game on the line; gave all to see a glimpse of what's there.

I doubt we see Vatrano again next year, and Tippett and Hepo are RFA's to be with both having much to prove. Same can be said for Denisenko, with next year the last of his ELC, and yet to prove a lot in the "A".

So Mamin might just carve out a spot somewhere in the top 9 for himself, if he can continue with the current trend. I hope that he's given a real opportunity by Bruno, one that I personally do not believe he got the first time around.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’m with you in Mamin, I felt already from the early days on the same line with Juho that had some high skill and finesse to his game. I’m not surprised to see it, I’m excited that he’s putting it together. He’s a keeper for now.

Reactions: violaswallet

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
Kozlov had some nasty hands and was more of a playmaker. Mamin is more of a power forward with some offensive upside.

Definitely a power-forward. I see an un-molded, lite-mix of Josh Anderson and Anders Lee. Hopefully he grows into his role with more playing time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad