Confirmed with Link: Lindy Ruff hired as head coach of NJD

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
hysterical if Ruff went to NJ and Lavi came aboard to fill in at the AC spot. Obvs Lavi would not be a AC but don't deny that situation would not make you all chuckle a bit.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
hysterical if Ruff went to NJ and Lavi came aboard to fill in at the AC spot. Obvs Lavi would not be a AC but don't deny that situation would not make you all chuckle a bit.
I'm denying it.

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
For a moment I read the title as "Rupp candidate for Devil's head coach". As in Mike Rupp. Needless to say I was interested.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I have nothing against Ruff (I don't think he was working wonders here though), but what does it say about the strength of NHL coaching ranks that a guy who hasn't been a HC in 3 seasons, and only made it past the 1st round once in his last 10 seasons as HC is the 'best' candidate going around?

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
It takes a special type of GM to think "I really like what Ruff has done with the Rangers' defense the past few seasons, let's hire him."

Good luck, Devils :laugh:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m thrilled

but how is this legal we’re still technically in season. Playoffs starting in 3 weeks. You can just name someone’s coach your head coach now whenever?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I’m thrilled

but how is this legal we’re still technically in season. Playoffs starting in 3 weeks. You can just name someone’s coach your head coach now whenever?

Yea that’s weird cause you would think he stays for the playoff run

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I’m thrilled

The Rangers would have to grant permission for them to talk. I'm sure they wouldn't stand in the way of a veteran coach like Ruff landing an HC spot.

He could theoretically stay on. Happens in college football sometimes. I doubt it, but he could.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I am under the impression you can’t name coaches from other teams until their season completes. I’ve never seen this before.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
It takes a special type of GM to think "I really like what Ruff has done with the Rangers' defense the past few seasons, let's hire him."

Good luck, Devils :laugh:
Hes being hired for the offense and transition game, which the Devils are built around

Crazy to say but the Devils of the future will be a far cry of the Devils from the past. High octane offense with a lot of transitional speed vs defensive grinders who hold teams in their zones for hours

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Also it seems obvious to me Ruff is going to babysit this rebuilding team for a few years and build a culture and he’ll be out when the Devils are ready to do some actual winning

Reactions: Swiss Prodigy

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
So what happens if the defense doesn't get better with Ruff gone?

Until the Rangers rotate the stock and the forwards back check it won’t make a difference. Ruff is more of a scapegoat and the way of the internet is for a few to bash and the ducks follow.

Reactions: bobbop

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Happy for the Rangers and for Ruff. Totally bizarre though that this is getting reported before the Rangers' season is completed.

Reactions: Swiss Prodigy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad