Confirmed with Link: Lindholm signs 6 year 29.1 million dollar contract

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
@crackdown44 LindyoLicoykd have gone to arbitration and chosen the two year arbitration settlement if he wanted.

@Anglesmith Lindholm could negotiate with whomever he wanted, the Dlames just have the right to match, Lindholm passed on that to elect arbitration. And as I stated above he could have accepted a 2 year arbitration settlement and gone to UFA in 2020.

Also RFA and UFA years are things because fans keep parroting the terms. This day in age, a RFA with arbitration and offersheet rights, aren't much different than UFAs in the dollars they earn

You’re right he could have. And if he had two more 45 point seasons he would then have signed for Henrique money or more. We got him for less because he’s an RFA I really don’t understand the complication in explaining this

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You’re right he could have. And if he had two more 45 point seasons he would then have signed for Henrique money or more. We got him for less because he’s an RFA I really don’t understand the complication in explaining this
I'm not confused. I am saying you are wrong. The Flames paid for 1 fewer UFA year than Anaheim did. It is really that simple.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I'm not confused. I am saying you are wrong. The Flames paid for 1 fewer UFA year than Anaheim did. It is really that simple.

I don’t know what else to tell you. You’re just flat out wrong if you think that the fact that he’s an RFA has nothing to do with the negotiation or the value and term of the deal.

No sense arguing

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Poor guy actually tweeted about how happy he was to join us before getting bought out a couple hours later

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Poor guy actually tweeted about how happy he was to join us before getting bought out a couple hours later
I have a gut feeling it was for show, he likely knew he was getting bought out when he found out about the trade.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I just want to bump this.

I think adding Peters has been huge for us as Gully just wasn’t getting it done with our group. I think swapping Dougie for Hanifin has been a net positive overall. Hanifin is looking like he’s really settling in and he and Hamonic are finding amazing chemistry.

But I really want to talk about Lindholm. This guy is somewhat like Backlund in terms of you can see his skill but he’s not the most dominating player to observe. However IMO he’s been the single largest addition to our team from last season. The guy has such an amazing awareness on ice and his 2-way play has added an elite element to the topline. He also has skill that I think is pretty on par to Tkachuk and a step up on Monahan. He doesn’t quite have Monahan’s shot, but he’s more of a driver and a better defensive player. Really it’s like we added another Monahan to our team.

He also has great awareness of where to be in the offensive zone and has a great shot to bury his chances. You can make an argument that he’s been our best player overall.

I think the development of Tkachuk and Benny boy have been equally as huge, but adding this kid was such a steal and I just can’t believe what a good hockey player he is.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I just want to bump this.

I think adding Peters has been huge for us as Gully just wasn’t getting it done with our group. I think swapping Dougie for Hanifin has been a net positive overall. Hanifin is looking like he’s really settling in and he and Hamonic are finding amazing chemistry.

But I really want to talk about Lindholm. This guy is somewhat like Backlund in terms of you can see his skill but he’s not the most dominating player to observe. However IMO he’s been the single largest addition to our team from last season. The guy has such an amazing awareness on ice and his 2-way play has added an elite element to the topline. He also has skill that I think is pretty on par to Tkachuk and a step up on Monahan. He doesn’t quite have Monahan’s shot, but he’s more of a driver and a better defensive player. Really it’s like we added another Monahan to our team.

He also has great awareness of where to be in the offensive zone and has a great shot to bury his chances. You can make an argument that he’s been our best player overall.

I think the development of Tkachuk and Benny boy have been equally as huge, but adding this kid was such a steal and I just can’t believe what a good hockey player he is.

Lindholm is amazing. The only area I disagree is I believe Monahan has a slightly higher Hockey IQ offensively which makes him slightly better but I do agree the addition of Lindholm was the equivalent of adding a second Monahan. Adding that level of skill to any team makes a huge difference.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I remember hoping the Flames would get Lindholm back in 2013, and even being slightly disappointed when we had to "settle" for Monahan. I had a feeling this guy would be good when we traded for him and I'm glad to see him flourish with Mony and Johnny. Can't believe Treliving locked him in for 6 years at that price as well. The future looks bright with guys like Lindholm added to the core.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I remember hoping the Flames would get Lindholm back in 2013, and even being slightly disappointed when we had to "settle" for Monahan. I had a feeling this guy would be good when we traded for him and I'm glad to see him flourish with Mony and Johnny. Can't believe Treliving locked him in for 6 years at that price as well. The future looks bright with guys like Lindholm added to the core.

Personally I wanted Lindholm back in the 2013 draft. I thought Monahan would be another Scheifele (this was before he broke out). I also thought Scheifele would be a bust and not that great. Some good insight to prospects from me there.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Lindholm is amazing. The only area I disagree is I believe Monahan has a slightly higher Hockey IQ offensively which makes him slightly better but I do agree the addition of Lindholm was the equivalent of adding a second Monahan. Adding that level of skill to any team makes a huge difference.

I agree that Monahan might have a higher offensive IQ, there might not be a better guy on the team at knowing which spots to go to. Lindholm I think sees the ice a lot more like Backlund and does and looks to keep the play going and create scoring chances. Monahan has more of that goal scorers mind and does it to perfection.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Lindholm has been a very pleasant surprise. Playing in Carolina kept him out of the spotlight and the way he was used there was more like how we used Backlund here. A solid two way guy that can chip in, well, Michael Backlund numbers. While he played with some skilled guys in Carolina, I don't think they have a Johnny Gaudreau or Sean Monahan. As Tre or Peters said "this guys is going to pop" and I believe we've been seeing the tip of the iceberg so far. Bonus marks for helping the first line become more possession dominant as well.

Yes, a good trade.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I agree that Monahan might have a higher offensive IQ, there might not be a better guy on the team at knowing which spots to go to. Lindholm I think sees the ice a lot more like Backlund and does and looks to keep the play going and create scoring chances. Monahan has more of that goal scorers mind and does it to perfection.
This being the Lindholm thread I am going to leave this as a last thought in regards to Monahan. Peters has changed how this line operates in that it isn't only Johnny doing the play-making. This has made every player on that line better. Sean is able to show his creative side and is really working on becoming a stronger play-maker along the boards. Lindholm is learning from Sean in how to find the soft spots and Johnny has really worked on his shot.

Johnny's shot last night was a laser beam to the top left corner. He has way more zip on his shot this year.

For the first time in 2 seasons I am seeing both Johnny and Sean progressing their game by leaps and bounds. Johnny and Mony's CORSI is 53 plus somewhere where they have never been despite some poor results early in the season and it is NOT hurting their point totals by playing smarter... They are Chipping-and-chasing, grinding on the boards, winning races to the pucks and passing between themselves in ways they never have before. The opposition is having fits trying to cover all these weapons and rather than just paying attention to Johnny the defense has to respect the whole line.

I don't know if it is just me but it almost feels like the three of them are teaching the others what they are good at and having a lot of fun doing so.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
This being the Lindholm thread I am going to leave this as a last thought in regards to Monahan. Peters has changed how this line operates in that it isn't only Johnny doing the play-making. This has made every player on that line better. Sean is able to show his creative side and is really working on becoming a stronger play-maker along the boards. Lindholm is learning from Sean in how to find the soft spots and Johnny has really worked on his shot.

Johnny's shot last night was a laser beam to the top left corner. He has way more zip on his shot this year.

For the first time in 2 seasons I am seeing both Johnny and Sean progressing their game by leaps and bounds. Johnny and Mony's CORSI is 53 plus somewhere where they have never been despite some poor results early in the season and it is NOT hurting their point totals by playing smarter... They are Chipping-and-chasing, grinding on the boards, winning races to the pucks and passing between themselves in ways they never have before. The opposition is having fits trying to cover all these weapons and rather than just paying attention to Johnny the defense has to respect the whole line.

I don't know if it is just me but it almost feels like the three of them are teaching the others what they are good at and having a lot of fun doing so.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Like you said, Johnny's shot has really improved too which is a huge bonus. That shot was ridiculous.

Reactions: SKRusty

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

I thought so too. I saw somewhere that Johnny is now listed at being 165 lbs, instead of his previous 159 lbs. More muscle??

What got me thinking this was a shot Johnny made a couple of games ago where he he put his whole body into the shot and just ripped it off the goal post. The ring was so loud I'm sure people heard it outside the rink.

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I had to watch a few more games after reading the above comment, but I agree.

It's like Mony, JG and Lindy are teaching each other facets of their game and having fun doing so. They're literally rounding out their game and steamrolling opposition while doing so. It's insane to think they're still developing. I think it's definitely causing opposition teams fits and confusing them. That entire line is on a great contract. It even blows my mind that we might be able to split them on two lines and still put together some interesting combinations of great and effective lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad