Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
It's easy to say I was right because I was right.
I wouldn't pay myself on the back too hard. It really wasn't that hard to think an older Tampa team with less depth would struggle against a better team. We would have kicked the shit out of them too, it's not rocket science.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Islanders match up terribly against the Hurricanes. They're the Hurricanes but worse at everything.

You can't engage Roid Rage Rod and his club-swingers in a forecheck game. They're gonna win.

You have to score goals. That's why we hang in there against Carolina. We do our royal road shit and when the rock-chuckers have to score four goals, they can't.

Reactions: eco's bones

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I wouldn't pay myself on the back too hard. It really wasn't that hard to think an older Tampa team with less depth would struggle against a better team. We would have kicked the shit out of them too, it's not rocket science.
So now you're admitting that I was right!

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
The Islanders match up terribly against the Hurricanes. They're the Hurricanes but worse at everything.

You can't engage Roid Rage Rod and his club-swingers in a forecheck game. They're gonna win.

You have to score goals. That's why we hang in there against Carolina. We do our royal road shit and when the rock-chuckers have to score four goals, they can't.
It still would be nice for them to win a couple of games and give Carolina a few more bumps and bruises.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
People were shitting themselves over Tampa the whole year.
Tampa spanked us the last few times we played them in the playoffs, i can see why people were a little worried about them. I didn't really care since i thought we matched up well with them and they have no depth. Either way, you can't just decide how people feel

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Tampa spanked us the last few times we played them in the playoffs, i can see why people were a little worried about them. I didn't really care since i thought we matched up well with them and they have no depth. Either way, you can't just decide how people feel
Nobody's saying I can decide how people feel.

They're well within their rights to be wrong.

Reactions: TominNC

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Nobody's saying I can decide how people feel.

They're well within their rights to be wrong.
Ok good. Just making sure you knew. And being wrong is a part of life, shit happens sometimes. Personally i don't think there is a team in the East other than Florida that can match up with us. Maybe i'm wrong but i'll live.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

2/3rds of them in their 30's and 'worse at everything'.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Tampa getting beat right now is no indication of what our series would have been like if we played them.

Same for Carolina beating the Islanders. Matchups are a thing, and I think the Rangers matchup against Car, but not so much TBL. It's play style and game breakers or lack thereof.

Reactions: bl02 and nyrallday

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Tampa getting beat right now is no indication of what our series would have been like if we played them.

Same for Carolina beating the Islanders. Matchups are a thing, and I think the Rangers matchup against Car, but not so much TBL. It's play style and game breakers or lack thereof.
I don't think Tampa matched up well with us but you're right, matchups are definitely a thing and you never know how a series will go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad