Rumor: Linden " wheels in motion " jersey change?

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
While I don't mind Johnny Canuck, I would love to see a completely new logo and color scheme.

And please don't let the public or a 9 year old with a box of crayons design it....hire a freaking professional.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
There is tons of potential for adidas to grow a pair and do something outside of the box. While I hate their brand and designs, some of their college Unis turned out great after they copied the designs of Nike.

10-ucla-s-l-midnight_pg_600.jpg

addas.jpg

They should prob do something similar to what Nike did with the Canada jersey. Love the detail on the shoulders

2016_hc_jersey_hollow_men.jpg

Canucks have an opportunity to get it right here. Again.

Dump that stupid orca

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
No 3rd Jersey means no Stick in the rink at home next season right ? I mean they could also just go home/away stick in the rink and ditch the Orca jerseys(I doubt that happens).Part of me wouldn't mind seeing a Skate jersey return, but I'd also support something new and bold looking as long it doesn't look awful.

On a side note don't we use the Stick in the rink at home more often than the Orca home ? It'll be interesting to see what the Aquilini's/Adidas/The NHL decide on.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
No 3rd Jersey means no Stick in the rink at home next season right ? I mean they could also just go home/away stick in the rink and ditch the Orca jerseys(I doubt that happens).Part of me wouldn't mind seeing a Skate jersey return, but I'd also support something new and bold looking as long it doesn't look awful.

On a side note don't we use the Stick in the rink at home more often than the Orca home ? It'll be interesting to see what the Aquilini's/Adidas/The NHL decide on.

I don't think so. We only really wear the stick-in-rink logo on Saturdays or against opponents like Montreal, Toronto etc.

I don't see the orca logo going anywhere. We need a logo to stick by and gain an identity with like the Hawks, Leafs, Wings etc have built up.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada

I don't think so. We only really wear the stick-in-rink logo on Saturdays or against opponents like Montreal, Toronto etc.

I don't see the orca logo going anywhere. We need a logo to stick by and gain an identity with like the Hawks, Leafs, Wings etc have built up.

That would explain why I'm thinking what I did. Not necessarily more often, but still quite a few games per season. I'm just gonna chalk it up to me not paying attention some nights(unless there's a site tracking what jersey teams wear each night).:laugh:

I do agree we need a identity to stick to, but I think if a change was going to happen it would happen as the new jerseys are introduced. The jerseys controversy is a big thing here though since we have had so many.

If anything I hope they remove the Vancouver over the Orca and do minor changes and make the new Adidas design fit well with the colors/logo we have.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
That would explain why I'm thinking what I did. Not necessarily more often, but still quite a few games per season. I'm just gonna chalk it up to me not paying attention some nights(unless there's a site tracking what jersey teams wear each night).:laugh:

I do agree we need a identity to stick to, but I think if a change was going to happen it would happen as the new jerseys are introduced. The jerseys controversy is a big thing here though since we have had so many.

If anything I hope they remove the Vancouver over the Orca and do minor changes and make the new Adidas design fit well with the colors/logo we have.

The time to change the logo that we've never had before and such was back when we changed jerseys...now I think it's far too late. Changing to a a true brand new logo would've been more ideal so then someone wanting stick-in-rink wasn't upset about the orca, and vice versa. Build an identity with something brand new.

I mean look at the poll results...this fanbase is torn in every which way in regards to jerseys/logo.

The Vancouver over the orca has pretty much grown on me now, and doesn't bother me much - it was pretty unnecessary to even have though.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
The time to change the logo that we've never had before and such was back when we changed jerseys...now I think it's far too late. Changing to a a true brand new logo would've been more ideal so then someone wanting stick-in-rink wasn't upset about the orca, and vice versa. Build an identity with something brand new.

I mean look at the poll results...this fanbase is torn in every which way in regards to jerseys/logo.

The Vancouver over the orca has pretty much grown on me now, and doesn't bother me much - it was pretty unnecessary to even have though.

Can't say I disagree regarding the conflict regarding the logo. I'll just be curious to see what/if any changes the will be although the source says we won't see cosmetic change the first season.

------
Regarding the Orca/Stick jerseys at home I've solved that due to my curiosity. Just proves I zone out sometimes. :laugh:

October: Orca: 6 Stick:2
November: Orca:4 Stick:2
December: Orca:5 Stick:2

http://nhluniformmatchupdatabase.weebly.com

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
No thirds eh? What will they do!?

I hope they go full time with the stick in rink. They need the white one. Love it

With the Giants going with the Johnny Canuck type figure in their logo, not sure if the canucks can make Johnny Canuck their main logo.

Time to have made the change was when the NHL came out of the lockout after aquaman took over to ditch the orca if they want a new logo.

Now with what they have, I like the alternate blue as they don't have to change GE the color of the logo to white like they do on their vintage ones. Not a fan of changing the color of the logo like the flames and leafs.

This is not apple where that logo will be on 100 color variations. NHL logo has to pop on a white and team color background. The alternates do, so I would mind making those the main jersey and adding a white one.

The old school Johnny Canuck logo don't think would fly. Modernizing it would be good, but still, have the Giants around.

That said, Atlanta used to have 3 pro teams with bird names with falcons, hawks, and Thrashers. So, it is possible. But those were all different sports.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Stick & rink is easily the best of the current options.

The problem isn't necessarily the logo though. It's the franchise that comes to mind when you see the logo.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
The 'Vancouver' watermark is a complete abomination. Having many fans that are now used to it, and even being okay with it, is almost as bad. ;)

The colours are great. The third jersey striping is great. So just pick a logo, on the third jersey, with some dang colour in it (minus the watermark) and we are set.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
And no one really understands why it was included.

It was Chris zimmermans idea. Former canuck marketing head I believe. It had a lot to do with the Olympics as well. Maybe he thought tourists visiting for the Olympics would buy them. I lost it when they unveiled the abomination wordmark.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It was Chris zimmermans idea. Former canuck marketing head I believe. It had a lot to do with the Olympics as well. Maybe he thought tourists visiting for the Olympics would buy them. I lost it when they unveiled the abomination wordmark.

Yeah I've heard it was about the Olympics too...talk about another part of this organization being short-sighted. What a stupid idea.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
If that's all it is, they could have easily had the word 'Vancouver' appearing normally in the logo, stylized with color, in an appropriate font and size. No, the current wordmark is a misguided tribute to the WHL Canucks (who did not have a logo on the front of their jerseys), and I really don't think it has anything to do with the Olympics – that was just speculation here when it arose (mostly because people are unfamiliar with the WHL Canucks).

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Good call. I heard something similar.

They should have been fired immediately - along with those that 'okayed' this garbage.

I'll take a deep breath now.. :)

edit: wordmark? I've been calling it a watermark. Wordmark sounds far better!

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
If that's all it is, they could have easily had the word 'Vancouver' appearing normally in the logo, stylized with color, in an appropriate font and size. No, the current wordmark is a misguided tribute to the WHL Canucks (who did not have a logo on the front of their jerseys), and I really don't think it has anything to do with the Olympics – that was just speculation here when it arose (mostly because people are unfamiliar with the WHL Canucks).

Good point, but there was a hint of wanting the name of our city for marketing purposes..

Perhaps a bit of both?

Either way, a complete and utter failure.

I love the third jerseys though - new or regular third jersey logo, I'm good!

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
By the way...

Why isn't our third jersey an option in the poll?

There is a difference, besides the logo, and it's far, far better...

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Stick in the rink is so bland and boring. Seems like such a "play it safe" choice.

Skate jersey or something based off of Johnny Canuck or something would be so much better.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Stick in the rink is so bland and boring. Seems like such a "play it safe" choice.

Skate jersey or something based off of Johnny Canuck or something would be so much better.

Call me crazy, but I'd be okay with something like this, on our third jersey:

Canucks_Logo.png

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Whatever the logo, as long as it has freakin' colour, the third jersey striping and colour should be used. Think of this, as a template:

Io0sPjO.png

Plus, the green around the neck..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad