Linden Vey

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Had a dream that we drafted Austin Matthews, and our depth down the middle next season was Henrik, Matthews, Horvat and Sutter...with guys like Vey and McCann anchoring the middle in Utica....now that would be something to see.

If they got Matthews, they could parlay someone like McCann in a package for Drouin.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Production & Personal issues aside....

Is Linden Vey better suited to RW as opposed to C?

Especially with the big boys in Pacific division...

Linden Vey is not good enough for the NHL and should not be playing in the NHL in any position. He probably hurts your chances of winning less if you hide him on the wing.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Looking for positives for next year

Weber and Bartkowski gone. We don't have to look at them on the ice anymore.

Now do the right thing and add Vey to the list.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Production & Personal issues aside....

Is Linden Vey better suited to RW as opposed to C?

Especially with the big boys in Pacific division...

I would say he's better suited for C (in the AHL) because his only useful skill is playmaking and he's weak along the boards. Of course you would need a winger to take faceoffs for him. :laugh:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I would say he's better suited for C (in the AHL) because his only useful skill is playmaking and he's weak along the boards. Of course you would need a winger to take faceoffs for him. :laugh:

It's sad we have 2 centers in Vey and Granlund that suck hard at faceoffs and are too weak to play on the wing.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Imagine a world in which they used, say, Zalewski instead of Vey and gave him normal 4th line usage. Or like, any compelling young player instead.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Vey isn't even passable as a depth guy.

Bartkowski would have been perfectly fine as a #7. He's just not a #5. And a bunch of us said as much last summer.

I wouldn't want him at 7. That means he would probably play 50 or so games based injuries. 8 i could deal with, near league min salary.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
It's sad we have 2 centers in Vey and Granlund that suck hard at faceoffs and are too weak to play on the wing.

They only suck if you count up the wins and losses, managment doesn't believe in fancy stats like that.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I actually think Vey can still develop into a 4th line C or depth forward. He does have some skill and he can be pretty solid defensively. Unfortunately, his off-ice troubles both make me want to give him the benefit of the doubt and be concerned that this isn't an issue that will be going away in the near future.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I actually think Vey can still develop into a 4th line C or depth forward. He does have some skill and he can be pretty solid defensively. Unfortunately, his off-ice troubles both make me want to give him the benefit of the doubt and be concerned that this isn't an issue that will be going away in the near future.

Ok, people need to stop with this idea of, well the player sucks so therefore he can be a 4th line center.
Ideally you want to get a guy who is a legit 3rd line center and then bump him down to 4th because of depth.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Vey is terrible defensively.

He's also terrible offensively at ES, a terrible possession player, terrible at faceoffs, can't PK, is small and slow, and adds no grit or intangibles.

The only thing he's useful at is helping the 2nd unit PP. He's an absolutely brutal player.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

He's also terrible offensively at ES, a terrible possession player, terrible at faceoffs, can't PK, is small and slow, and adds no grit or intangibles.

The only thing he's useful at is helping the 2nd unit PP. He's an absolutely brutal player.

It's really troubling how there are so many people that thinks Vey and Granlund are good defensive players.

Terrible at offense != good at defense.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Feel bad for Vey with his family situation over the last year but not bad enough that I'd like him to continue being on this team.

Brutal player shoved down our throats by a clueless coach. Don't want on the Canucks, don't want him on the Comets, don't want him period.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Unless he shows at camp that he's taken a step (same boat as all our other fringe NHLers) he should be waived (again).

They spoon-fed him less minutes last year than his first year, so maybe they're slowly learning.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
Vey isn't even passable as a depth guy.

Bartkowski would have been perfectly fine as a #7. He's just not a #5. And a bunch of us said as much last summer.

I think Vey could be a decent 3rd liner who chips in occasionally. Unfortunately, the best thing for him and the team is to move on. Another asset turned to dust, but if there's any blame to share it would be Willie's, since he put Vey in a position to fail.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

This was pretty close to my description of his play in Utica last year. Most of his points were accrued by feeding Shinkaruk the puck on the PP where he had time to find an open man without just throwing the puck anywhere because he was about to be hit and had to get out of harm's way.

Those talking about waiving him to Utica beware. If he's here and the Canujck's center depth remains the same, he will be the first call-up and WD will put his son right back into the main stream. He did it last year and he will do it again. He avoids any contact or physical play in the AHL in order to protect himself for his next curtain call.

The best the Canucks can do with him is try to get a late pick or just let him go. If they keep him he will just become a headache for one or both teams.

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
So re-sign him a 2-way deal only? Or Granlund/Biega type contract to roll the dice once more?

Some people are late bloomers especially given his circumstances

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad