Linden Vey

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
So is vey an nhler now? He has looked decent these last few games and has been good with etem. I especially liked there shift late in the game in the islanders zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
His better this year than last year i remember last year he got worst as the season went on. Was looking to hate the guy this year but hes played so well for a bottom line guy who can make the third line some times i would prefer to keep him this year

Last edited:

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
His better this year than last year i remember last year he got worst as the season went on. Was looking to hate the guy this year but hes played so well for a bottom line guy who can make the third line some times i would prefer to keep him this year out

Agree with this! Wouldn't mind seeing a Etem-Vey-Shinkaruk line next year in training camp.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I contend that Vey was never that bad. A replacement level player is going to look good for stretches. He still has an uphill battle to climb as a smallish player that isn't fast. People will be calling for his head soon enough.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I contend that Vey was never that bad. A replacement level player is going to look good for stretches. He still has an uphill battle to climb as a smallish player that isn't fast. People will be calling for his head soon enough.

He has played a lot better of late. But you know he's not really small, he's listed as 6'0 200lb. He just plays small.

He was really bad in the pre-season and was very deservedly sent down. He was also dreadful in the last half of last season. It seems like Travis Green has really helped his game.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
He's got 3 points in 12 games which isn't amazing but it's something.

He does look like he's busting his ass out there a lot more than last year, especially on the defensive effort side. I like the chemistry he and Etem have.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
His better this year than last year i remember last year he got worst as the season went on. Was looking to hate the guy this year but hes played so well for a bottom line guy who can make the third line some times i would prefer to keep him this year

I'm of the opposite opinion.

I think Vey got better as the season progressed last season but unfortunately because Vey incurred such hatred in the fanbase, not a lot of people saw it.

Vey and Matthias developed some chemistry in the last third of last season and was a contributing pair to our 4 line team.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Yeah, still not sold on him. Like the hustle, had a good goal last game, but still not a prime-time guy imho. Still too small, too slow, too easily separated from the puck, and is on the ice way too damn much.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
hes become a different player. hustles hard. faceoffs still need alot of work. his chemistry with etem sure helps as well.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Still doesn't look NHL caliber and he should probably be waived again when Sutter returns. Soft forwards who aren't good defensively, don't generate offense, and don't put up points aren't particularly useful. The fact that he's scoring at a 7 goal per 82 game pace with a 12.5 shooting % is both hilarious and a testament to how few shots he generates.

Maybe if he'd lit up the AHL when he was down there I might be willing to hold out some faint hope that he could become a decent NHLer but he didn't even do well at that level.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He still sucks.

He's been slightly less terrible than he was for the last 50 games of last year, but he's still an AHL player who is below-average at everything at this level.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
He looks more willing and capable of engaging physically than last season. I've no real complaints about his performance as a call-up this season.

I'm still not convinced he's capable of more than what he's shown so far... a serviceable NHL/AHL tweener that is relied upon when the main team has injury issues.

The Canucks have a lot of young players/prospects at the forward position. I'm not expecting Vey to be a regular in the lineup 3 years from now.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
A dime a dozen player that can be easily picked up through waiver wire.

If we have to ice this guy in the top 9 again next year, it probably means that Willie isn't fired and Benning did little to patch up this team's weaknesses. Both are likely to happen.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
He still sucks.

He's been slightly less terrible than he was for the last 50 games of last year, but he's still an AHL player who is below-average at everything at this level.

Agreed its like the Sbisa syndrome, If he's not giving up 10 scoring chances against he's playing real good.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Agreed its like the Sbisa syndrome, If he's not giving up 10 scoring chances against he's playing real good.

I dunno watching him and etem the last couple of games they seem to be able to sustain a good cycle in the o zone which has been lacking this year by anybody other than the sedins

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
decent 13th/14th forward. As Scurr said, replacement level guy. Whether you keep him or not will depend on what you want from your spare forwards.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
He looks to be working harder and doing more, but I still wouldn't call him an NHLer yet, but if he can continue to progress he could be solid. What worries me is that he looks improved this year, but was absolute trash in the AHL, which makes me think he wasn't giving it his best there.

If he can put on strength to not get absolutely dominated along the boards constantly, it will be a big step for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad