Sportsnet: Liljegren among potential available Leaf players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Hes a good prospect. Hes far from being a #5/#6 at best. You dont know what you're talking about.

Liljegren is absolutely a top 4 D potential, but he’s also not a blue chipper or lock as a NHL player......but I agree he’s a good prospect.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
1. Big deal. Their d-corp is a laughing stock, and they refused to fix it by dealing Nylander. It's not just me that thinks this, the rumours are out there that Dubas will trade Liljegren to improve it now. Why would he do this if the team was so solid defensively?
2. LOL, right. That's the reason why Liljegren is not in the NHL. First it's that he got a sore ankle, now it's the expansion draft. That's hilarious.
3. No. It's the main boards.
How is it that you know so much about the Leafs and yet so little about Hockey?

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Liljegren, grundstrom, Hainsey (cap) Hyman (cap), Rosen, first

For

Petro
Trying to assess value of these players with who isn’t on the market supposedly

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I'd take it a step further and say that if he's being dangled it's probably for a long term upgrade being that they thought he was ready to make the big roster already
i cant see that. hes 19 years old. let the kid develop. i have no issue trading him for the right deal for a young RHD coming back. but leave him down there until he is ready.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Ducks have no media coverage at all - yet this speculation by a writer is end-all.
This is no different than any hot takes you see here.

You will not get Manson/Montour for Liljegren+1st or whatever - it's laughable.
you dont know that. you dont know what the GM is looking for. plus we have seen a lot less in trades recently.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
If he's offered in a trade it's more about having to give to get. The team that receives Liljegren is going to be getting a fantastic prospect.

Inconceivable. Nay, completely impossible. If a Leaf player or prospect is being rumoured/ proposed in trade it is because they have been deemed a "scrap" or "spare part" and are of little to no value. It is known.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
1. TML have been in the top half in GA all season, agood chunk of that time in the top 10.
2. Keeping Liljegren in the minors this season protects him for expansion eligibility when Seattle comes on board (same with Sandin)
3. Stick to commenting on your own team please, it’s painfully obvious you can’t objectively comment on TML matters as none of what you’ve said is true
not to defend buck dancer but im pretty sure that even if he did get called up he would still be expansion exempt due to playing time.

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Wait I thought liljegren was so elite! What happened to the 2nd overall talent?
Some scouts see him that way. From what I know (and this is good information); scouts are in 2 completely different places on him. There’s some that view him as a future #1 D while there’s some that wouldn’t even bother trading for him.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Inconceivable. Nay, completely impossible. If a Leaf player or prospect is being rumoured/ proposed in trade it is because they have been deemed a "scrap" or "spare part" and are of little to no value. It is known.

Yeah, we spent all summer and last season offering up scraps like Kapanen for defensemen. Crazy how it turned out that he's not actually a fourth liner!

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Some scouts see him that way. From what I know (and this is good information); scouts are in 2 completely different places on him. There’s some that view him as a future #1 D while there’s some that wouldn’t even bother trading for him.

Nah man special elitecprospect. Leaf fans told me so

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto

Liljegren has been very impressive so far. The fact that he's in play means the Leafs are looking to deal for a long-term solution, not a rental.

He was the youngest defenseman in the AHL last year and is the 3rd youngest again this year after Erik Brannstrom and an extremely impressive Rasmus Sandin (the only 18 year old in the league). Liljegren has moved from sheltered minutes last year at age 18 to top-pairing defensive minutes this year at age 19 and was playing great hockey prior to the ankle sprain that had him miss about 20 games including the World Juniors.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Nah man special elitecprospect. Leaf fans told me so
No...you're right, Liljegren is a bust...teams should not consider for one second trading for him....same goes for Sandin.

Keep posting these expert points of view...they are new and refreshing.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
god forbid a fan of a team look at a prsopect and think he was an elite prospect. kind of like how the hockey insiders thought he was elite at one point and might go 1st overall. how do you have the time to come on these sites and be an NHL GM at the same time?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
god forbid a fan of a team look at a prsopect and think he was an elite prospect. kind of like how the hockey insiders thought he was elite at one point and might go 1st overall. how do you have the time to come on these sites and be an NHL GM at the same time?
Meh...let him go, maybe if enough of those posters keep tooting the same horns, Liljegren and Sandin won't continually be asked for in part of a trade....

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Yeah, we spent all summer and last season offering up scraps like Kapanen for defensemen. Crazy how it turned out that he's not actually a fourth liner!

I know right, who saw saw that coming?!

But in all seriousness, we know the kind of intellectual titans were dealing with in here. the idle speculation of the man that once proclaimed on national tv that Mitch Marner was made expendable by Hyman and Brown speaks to them on a profoundly personal level and is all the "proof" that they need.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
If Leafs try to get top 4 established RD for 4th liners imagine how little a prospect like this is worth.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
i cant see that. hes 19 years old. let the kid develop. i have no issue trading him for the right deal for a young RHD coming back. but leave him down there until he is ready.
Dubas said that was the plan with him before he got hurt, he was going to get a look this year

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
This thread is ridiculous.
People are acting like TO is trading him because he's "not progressing".
Are you guys really that dense?
They're making him available as an attractive piece that could be added to a package for an excellent RHD.
How is that not clear?
because the door is open right now for those who don't like the Leafs to bash them, so this is just an opportunity to pile on. I'm only guessing, but you'd think maybe a pro personnel department wouldn't look to jettison their top prospect because he's not playing better while he's injured and not playing, but again that's only a guess

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
This thread is ridiculous.
People are acting like TO is trading him because he's "not progressing".
Are you guys really that dense?
They're making him available as an attractive piece that could be added to a package for an excellent RHD.
How is that not clear?

We don't even know that Toronto is actually making him available. It is just one report, from the same people who are consistently wrong.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
i get that no one really wants to trade top 2 D but top 6 wingers are a dime a dozen? Good grief. Not as easy to find as you might think.
Top six wingers are not a dime a dozen otherwise the oil would have top six wingers on both sides of their big centres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad