Post-Game Talk: Like a skipping record, the Bruins lose again in OT… 2-1 Knights

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I asked for a point before the game, they got it, am content enough with that. Another game where the Bruins played just ok and ground out some sort of result. Swayman and Thompson were both very good. Vegas were gassed in the last 10 mins of regulation and it's a shame Boston couldn't finish it then, but not to be.

Throwing away points in extra time is becoming a waste, but the roster is not built for 3-on-3 or shootouts, so probably not much that can be done about it other than to get more games done in the regular 60. With that said, the effort of Pasta and Marchand on the last play was pathetic, and not worthy of two senior players and leaders of the team. Not a big deal perhaps, but a terrible example for the other guys. Hope Monty dealt with it.

This was a better effort defensively than the last few. Had to kill off too many penalties, which until the last one were handled well, and Vegas overall didn't get too many good looks. Swayman had the answers when they did. That's some sort of progress at least for our injury-hit defensive group. The offense, well it's got its challenges, especially 5v5, but there are no easy solutions. They over-performed in the first couple of months, what we're seeing of late is probably closer to what you can reasonably expect from this roster. The guy you can probably most reasonably ask more from of late is Zacha. Just 1 goal and 6 assists (and only 2 of those at even strength) since the start of December just isn't going to cut it for a top liner. He has to offer more than that.

It's been a fairly tough time on the road but if the Bs can somehow land 2 whole points to finish it off in St Louis it will actually still have been a reasonable trip. Who knows, maybe they're saving the best 'til last?!

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Gryz qnd Mac had one of their perfection line games last night. Studs

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The three point games in the NHL can really mask a bunch of issues sometimes.

Bettman refuses to even consider this

Of all the rules instituted by the PWHL when it launched last week, its innovative approach to the standings is the one most NHL fans should view with envy.

The new league awards three points for a regulation time victory and two points for a win secured in overtime or a shootout. Just like with the NHL system, the PWHL awards a single point for an overtime or shootout loss, while a regulation time defeat earns nothing.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Jesper Boqvist - following his promotion to the top line, 5v5 in his 11 mins TOI the Bruins had 16 shot attempts to 5, 13 shots on goal to 0, an xGF of 96%, 4 high danger chances to 1, all polished off with an actual goal.

Ladies and gentlemen, a star is born.

Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Vegas looked gassed end of the third. If we had any offence at all should have had a regulation win but since this team is incredibly offensively challenged, as they have been most of the season, it's another loser point.

Better than nothing, but some of the bargain bodies looked like cast offs tonight.

Geekie set up perfectly several times but showed his less than elite skills on all occasions. Not to dump on him, he played fine, but he is what he is. As are the rest.

Maybe better we fall to 2nd or 3rd. I think they can beat Toronto first round. Let somebody else get banged up against Florida to start. Maybe then Florida also gets a few nicks and bruises and then anything's possible.

Not really worried yet, but also not expecting all that much.
That Mathew T scares me in the 1st round . I want Toronto and Florida to play in the first round.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Everybody turning on Pasta and his lazy defense is concerning.

I do think it’s not a great look for your C and A to have multiple highlights this year with them getting scored on because of laziness.

Marchand I can kind of understand because he’s getting up there in age. Though he didn’t start doing this stuff this year. He’s just getting exposed for it more often.

Those are supposed to be your leaders and setting the example.

I would never see Chara or Bergeron take shifts off like that.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Pastrnak last night takes a low % shot from the side of the net with Boqvist wide open in the slot. You score a lot of goals but some shots are ill advised and better options are available.

This team seems to score in bunches and then everyone dries up. Just do not feel confident when they get behind that they are going to win the game.

3 on 3 is a complete going show. Tied after 3 the team may just as well forfeit the extra point.

DS you need to do something to wake up this team. In addition, tell Monty to quit constantly changing the lines.

Very frustrating to watch.

Reactions: Gordoff

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Bettman refuses to even consider this

Of all the rules instituted by the PWHL when it launched last week, its innovative approach to the standings is the one most NHL fans should view with envy.

The new league awards three points for a regulation time victory and two points for a win secured in overtime or a shootout. Just like with the NHL system, the PWHL awards a single point for an overtime or shootout loss, while a regulation time defeat earns nothing.
It should be 2 pts for a reg win
And 1 point for an ot/so win. Nothing if you lose. There is no urgency in a tie game to win with ten minutes left.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Everybody turning on Pasta and his lazy defense is concerning.

I do think it’s not a great look for your C and A to have multiple highlights this year with them getting scored on because of laziness.

Marchand I can kind of understand because he’s getting up there in age. Though he didn’t start doing this stuff this year. He’s just getting exposed for it more often.

Those are supposed to be your leaders and setting the example.

I would never see Chara or Bergeron take shifts off like that.
An honest and tough take. I’m sorry but this place has no room for these kinds of posts or thinking 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad