Post-Game Talk: Like a skipping record, the Bruins lose again in OT… 2-1 Knights

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1705049499280.png

1705049544258.png

1705049576650.png

1705049632168.png

Game Summary

Event Summary

Full Play-By-Play

Faceoff Comparison

Faceoff Summary

Time On Ice: VGK

Time On Ice: BOS

Roster Report

Shot Report

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Alot. You can change matchups, sit players that aren't pulling their weight in OT, Monty mixes lines every night - he can do many things to change the look of 3 v 3 in overtime that has lost his team points in the paste two weeks. Pasta played like a donkey, he can sit too...
So your move is to sit our top offensive players in OT. Well I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Someone asked how does a team with Pasta, Marchy, and McAvoy lose so many 3v3's?
Simple actually, because when Pasta's on the ice with a 3v3 and the opposition has the puck, it suddenly becomes a 3v2.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Why are they so bad in OT? That’s 2 points for sure left on the table and Colorado was a winnable game too. How frustrating to stay up watching past midnight the last three games for that shit.

Reactions: Gordoff and NDiesel

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Someone asked how does a team with Pasta, Marchy, and McAvoy lose so many 3v3's?
Simple actually, because when Pasta's on the ice with a 3v3 and the opposition has the puck, it suddenly becomes a 3v2.
That is funny, , Bonehead play by Pasta but replay shows Marchand loafing trying to save his gas for offense so he should bare some blame to.But that was funny for sure :laugh:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Don, .500 hockey is not incredible, sorry.

It's better than completely falling apart, which this team can and possibly will.

Reasons, Not Excuses Dept: Yet another absurd NHL schedule, two games a week at most to begin, turning into a crowded, grueling dance card with back-to-back games; significant injury to important players; lesser talent; Montgomery's incessant, stupid, OCD game to game/shift to shift line juggling four months into the season, resulting in little but constant chaos and instability; a defensive system which is NOT WORKING, a critical deficiency for which Montgomery apparently has no answer.

Remember, it's a transitional year, with all that implies.

I love Brad and I know he's doing his best. Which, along with stellar play from Ullmark and Swayman, is likely the reason why the Bruins are where they are in the standings.

To me, coaching is the primary issue. If you look at the record, Jim Montgomery has done an excellent job this season, given what he has. On paper, the Bruins should be one of the better defensive clubs in the league.

But, I still have a strong sense of chaos and instability, a failure to address, let alone remedy, a defensive "system" in disarray.

If the Boston Bruins lack stalwart defense, always their calling card, that is the major problem.

And that, as I opine with increasing frequency, is on the coach.

Last edited:

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Vegas looked gassed end of the third. If we had any offence at all should have had a regulation win but since this team is incredibly offensively challenged, as they have been most of the season, it's another loser point.

Better than nothing, but some of the bargain bodies looked like cast offs tonight.

Geekie set up perfectly several times but showed his less than elite skills on all occasions. Not to dump on him, he played fine, but he is what he is. As are the rest.

Maybe better we fall to 2nd or 3rd. I think they can beat Toronto first round. Let somebody else get banged up against Florida to start. Maybe then Florida also gets a few nicks and bruises and then anything's possible.

Not really worried yet, but also not expecting all that much.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Are the Bruins running out of steam?

They've only won 5 of their last 10 games.

It feels like they need to make a move for a difference maker soon or this slump could soon affect their position in the standings.

Is finding that Top Six center our biggest need or is there something else that needs fixing?

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad