GDT: LIII | "The 'Boms Are Back In Town" | Oilers vs. Hawks | 2.5.19 | 7:00PM | SN-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think he is pretty good at controlling the PP from the point, just that with McD he obviously kept on passing it to him since he is much superior. But this is why I think it could be interesting to see if he can run a lesser group when the main guy will be him.

He probably won't slap it if there is any risk. He mentioned in his pre-game interview that last year's experience taught him not rush back or play injured because at some point you may actually hurt the team if you cannot play your game.
The one issue he might also face is that he won't get much ice time on that second unit. Which maybe is a good thing

Reactions: LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
The one issue he might also face is that he won't get much ice time on that second unit. Which maybe is a good thing
Exactly, I think 30-40 secs at the very most is realistic, if possible probably a bit lower. There is no rush though so I also think it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Nurse has earned his right to play on the first unit and they've done a good job lately.

Reactions: joestevens29

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
upload_2019-2-5_16-54-24.jpeg

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Lucic bouncing back is key to this teams success. Also makes his contract somewhat moveable. (Maybe) it would be stupid not to reward his current play with some top line minutes.

I disagree.

Hiding Lucic in the bottom 6, and hoping he eats up some minutes with passable checking and no horrific turnovers is the best they can hope for. That's the realistic best case scenario, and trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, when this team is running out of days to make a playoff run, is an awful idea.

One of the worst things that could happen is Lucic putting up a few points on the first line, which will result in him spending more time there and that line under producing.

He's a shell of what he was, barely can skate, can't make a 10 foot pass and has the ugliest shot in the league.

Hide him.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I disagree.

Hiding Lucic in the bottom 6, and hoping he eats up some minutes with passable checking and no horrific turnovers is the best they can hope for. That's the realistic best case scenario, and trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, when this team is running out of days to make a playoff run, is an awful idea.

One of the worst things that could happen is Lucic putting up a few points on the first line, which will result in him spending more time there and that line under producing.

He's a shell of what he was, barely can skate, can't make a 10 foot pass and has the ugliest shot in the league.

Hide him.
Yet he’s back to his old pace before 2018. This post is so unreasonable it’s ridiculous.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Eh free tickets to tonights game....last game I went to was the Carolina game.....WE GETTIN BLOWN OUT BOIZ!

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Yet he’s back to his old pace before 2018. This post is so unreasonable it’s ridiculous.

Please tell me more about Lucic's production... lol.

Are you watching the games? He literally cannot pass the puck. You think the solution is to put him with the fastest player in the league?

Any winger on the team is a better fit there.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011

Yet you can see why Hitch is doing it with our three centers each on one line, all Looch has to do is extend the cycle and screen the goalie and McDavid and Rattie will have scoring chances. Nobody expects Lucic to skate with McDavid and create chances on the fly.

Despite this fanbase man crush about the rush, realize Lucic was never a rush player. Plus once you get one chance off the rush, do you really want to turn around and go back the other way? Cycling and crashing the net extends offensive sorties.

Besides, none of our other wingers save Chiasson has put the puck in the net with any regularity. Not like we’re flush with sharpshooters or anything.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad