GDT: LIII | "The 'Boms Are Back In Town" | Oilers vs. Hawks | 2.5.19 | 7:00PM | SN-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Lol no. He looks at the attendance, looks at the gate, texts Gretz just to make sure he’s had a good day and if they’re still friends. Then he moves on

No, he doesn't watch the games. But we need a ground swell of anger. The entire OBC needs to be cleaned out, and events like a jersey toss bring media attention that even Katz can't ignore IMO.

I don't actually think that it will result in any changes with the OBC, but really, what else can be done? People already can't give their tickets away, attendance is down, the team is made fun of by national media, there is open talk that McDavid deserves to be traded as the Oilers are destroying his career. Maybe jersey tossing will get somebody's attention, maybe not, but the fans are out of options.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Kane out there on the pp late to try and pad his stats lol

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not a bad PKer, I certainly wouldn't call him elite defensively. But this game isnt on him.
Not saying it was. Just bringing it up now because I certainly noted it when it was said. It was nonsense. He'd have to completely reinvent his game.

Nobody on this team was good defensively tonight. Erase that five minutes of PP time in the first that'll never happen again and we got absolutely spanked tonight. It's back to shitty execution.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
No, he doesn't watch the games. But we need a ground swell of anger. The entire OBC needs to be cleaned out, and events like a jersey toss bring media attention that even Katz can't ignore IMO.

I don't actually think that it will result in any changes with the OBC, but really, what else can be done? People already can't give their tickets away, attendance is down, the team is made fun of by national media, there is open talk that McDavid deserves to be traded as the Oilers are destroying his career. Maybe jersey tossing will get somebody's attention, maybe not, but the fans are out of options.

I have one simple question for ya. What did jersey tossing do about the OBC for the last four years?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
No fan in sports is more justified in tossing a jersey as an Oilers fan.

Also, it's a pro sport, not war. Let's put the moralistic judgements away media. Fans are fed up with years of time and money wasted on this product. If Lowe and co can categorize fans as customers, then expect to be treated like a product.

Oil75

Feb 26, 2017
4th season of season tickets, lower bowl..I wasn't even been able to sell my tickets for 50% off for this game. Oiler fans are smart this team is a pathetic shell of an organization. FFS

Reactions: CycloneSweep

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Is this the first jersey toss in the McDavid era? Cant remember.

Regardless - Good, the more noise fans make the more pressure is on for Katz to do the right thing. Whether he does it is a different story.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
I’m more than happy to admit when I’m wrong. You can’t judge this goalie based on the **** show of defence he’s been playing behind since Klefs been out. That’s just a fact. If you can’t see that, you probably still think losing Schultz, Petry, and Dubnyk were all justified moves

Why does your argument work for 1 goalie and not both though? Lol. Theyre playing behind the same shit defense. Yet youre pumping up 1 goalie that has worse stats than a goalie who has shit stats as well. Lll

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
4th season of season tickets, lower bowl..I wasn't even been able to sell my tickets for 50% off for this game. Oiler fans are smart this team is a pathetic shell of an organization. FFS

Sorry mate

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Jersey was thrown to the right of the penalty box lol. Orange home jersey.

1244448291343.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad