GDT: LIII | "The 'Boms Are Back In Town" | Oilers vs. Hawks | 2.5.19 | 7:00PM | SN-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(23-24-5) --vs-- (20-24-9)

Game Day: February 5th 2019
Game Time: 7:00PM
Broadcast: Sportsnet West

-----

extralarge.png

Milan Lucic - Connor McDavid - Ty Rattie
Tobias Rieder - Leon Draisaitl - Alex Chiasson
Jujhar Khaira - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Zack Kassian
Brad Malone - Kyle Brodziak - Jesse Puljujarvi

Oscar Klefbom - Adam Larsson
Darnell Nurse - Kris Russell
Kevin Gravel - Matt Benning

Cam Talbot

-----

extralarge.png

Caggiula - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Kahun
Saad - Kampf - Kruger
Perlini - Anisimov - Hayden

Keith - Sealbrook
Dahlstrom - Murphy
Forsling - Gustafsson

Ward

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE
  • Cams man the nets tonight.
  • Klefbom back in the lineup. Hopefully still true in the PGT.
  • Drake scores, because Oilers.

Last edited:

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I hope Talbot doesn't Talbot himself again but not much confidence in that one. Not having Manning/Petrovic in the line up feels great and irritating at the same time considering the baffoon brought in cap and basically once Sekera returns there is literally no need or room for them.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Best player in the league playing with a guy that has cored like 5 goals in the last year or more and ty rattie. Mind bending.

Reactions: BlackDogg

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
At the end of the day it's not like he doesn't deserve to be there.

9. Zack Kassian and Milan Lucic each have 4-2-6 in their past ten games. Only McDavid (7) and Leon Draisaitl (6) have more goals.
Lucic bouncing back is key to this teams success. Also makes his contract somewhat moveable. (Maybe) it would be stupid not to reward his current play with some top line minutes.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Lucic bouncing back is key to this teams success. Also makes his contract somewhat moveable. (Maybe) it would be stupid not to reward his current play with some top line minutes.
I just have to ask who really deserves to be there? Everyday the lineups are crucified on here, yet the guys that are the hottest wingers right now are Lucic and Kassian.

Maybe someone should actually do something to take those spots away from Lucic and Rattie

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Erik Gustafsson fourth in scoring on the Hawks. And here we are juggling the likes of Manning and Benning.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I just have to ask who really deserves to be there? Everyday the lineups are crucified on here, yet the guys that are the hottest wingers right now are Lucic and Kassian.

Maybe someone should actually do something to take those spots away from Lucic and Rattie
Agreed. Maybe players should feel a little kick in the pants when Kassian is dusting them production wise.

Reactions: joestevens29

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It will be interesting to see Klefbom on PP2 (if they get playing time). In 13/14 he started off on PP2 and then played himself up to PP1, taking Schultz place.

I don't care which unit he is on though, but I'd like to see a second PP that at least can thread water. I'd put Nuge on that unit as well tbh.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It will be interesting to see Klefbom on PP2 (if they get playing time). In 13/14 he started off on PP2 and then played himself up to PP1, taking Schultz place.

I don't care which unit he is on though, but I'd like to see a second PP that at least can thread water. I'd put Nuge on that unit as well tbh.
I don't even know if I want him on the PP. He should stay away from slapshots for awhile

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Well the guns have come out in the past vs the Hawks so who has the big night tonight? Easy to pick McDrai but perhaps Chiasson has a multiple goal night been quiet lately! or does Debincrat put on a show?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Not sure Malone is the guy they go with to callup.

I understand the rationale behind leaving the young guys to stay and play, but an 'older guy' like Gamberdella is pacing to lead the AHL in goals right now...

Give him another chance.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I don't even know if I want him on the PP. He should stay away from slapshots for awhile
I think he is pretty good at controlling the PP from the point, just that with McD he obviously kept on passing it to him since he is much superior. But this is why I think it could be interesting to see if he can run a lesser group when the main guy will be him.

He probably won't slap it if there is any risk. He mentioned in his pre-game interview that last year's experience taught him not rush back or play injured because at some point you may actually hurt the team if you cannot play your game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure Malone is the guy they go with to callup.

I understand the rationale behind leaving the young guys to stay and play, but an 'older guy' like Gamberdella is pacing to lead the AHL in goals right now...

Give him another chance.
I honestly don't think it matters given how much those guys are going to get. I also wonder if it's just apart of the whole rewarding a guy for being a team player. Gets the guy a bit of NHL money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad