Ligue 1 23-24

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes. It's common. I don't know if the wording is right. It means that if you make another infraction in X number of games you get another suspension. Not sure if I was clear with my expression.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Uh oh Mbappe on the bench. Wonder if it has something to do with his ankle or with him choosing to leave in the summer.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I really don't know what a penalty is or isn't. I watch that and see a pitiful dive and a yellow for Ramos. Instead... Mandanda concedes and pen and gets a yellow for just lying down and have Ramos fall over him..

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I really don't know what a penalty is or isn't. I watch that and see a pitiful dive and a yellow for Ramos. Instead... Mandanda concedes and pen and gets a yellow for just lying down and have Ramos fall over him..
The Rennes defenseman catches Ramos foot before he fell to the ground (on Mandanda). You could also argue Mandanda shouldn't throw himself to the ground in front of a player (who has nothing to do but run straight at him). But the real foul is before anyway.
It's a tough call, and I would feel bad for either Rennes of PSG, depending on the decision.
PSG deserved the draw, so it is what it is.
Gouiri's goal is just pure magic.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Plays is not the word.
Gets paid IS more like it.
8 minutes since May 2021. Yowza!

I had fully assumed, since I hadn't heard his name in years, that he was playing in either Turkey or Saudi Arabia. A shame, there was a brief moment where he was a good player.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What happenned is a few things :
1/ Nice has some of the worst fascist fans out there in France
2/ Mbappe made the kiss of death. A few weeks ago, a journalist asked him if Nice was a threat for the title. He said no, they're not. Maybe for you, not for us. Since then they have 0 win. 6 straight games.
3/ Todibo has his first dip in form (and the whole team falters). He was just amazing since august and he isn't as good right now and the fans immediately insulted him (he scored an OG). Todibo blew up but then again, some fans are just so stupid. They'd be bottom 10 without him.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street

Nice goal tbh

What happenned is a few things :
1/ Nice has some of the worst fascist fans out there in France
2/ Mbappe made the kiss of death. A few weeks ago, a journalist asked him if Nice was a threat for the title. He said no, they're not. Maybe for you, not for us. Since then they have 0 win. 6 straight games.
3/ Todibo has his first dip in form (and the whole team falters). He was just amazing since august and he isn't as good right now and the fans immediately insulted him (he scored an OG). Todibo blew up but then again, some fans are just so stupid. They'd be bottom 10 without him.
Nice is not nice

I mean I went there a couple of times and the city is nice, but again I'm a sucker for anything mediterranean

Nice has been a FN territory for a while

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That title is so far from the facts it's crazy.
Mohamed Henni, a well know OM influencer who became famous when he broke a TV each time OM lost a game (lots of TV) associated himself with a kebab owner to make fun of Mbappe and called a bun with "big head" an Mbappe just to spite him.
Mbappe's representers are suing him, good thing. He's simply making money off his name.

Nice goal tbh

Nice is not nice

I mean I went there a couple of times and the city is nice, but again I'm a sucker for anything mediterranean

Nice has been a FN territory for a while
Wonder goal really.

Yeah Nice is fascist land. Not all of them obviously, but a good fraction of their fans.

Speaking of, how did they turn things around? Weren't they at the bottom early?
Change of coach. They took their academy guy.
They also bought a lot in the winter. IIRC, they're the top buyers in Europe.
They're still very weak at the back, but can score a lot of different ways.

Reactions: Power Man

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He really is. He can be funny once every blue moon, but is embarrassing most of the time.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
PSG playing some beautiful football, but naive both finishing and defensively. Not a good idea playing a 17yo central midfielder at right back against a skilled player like Boga. They're 2-1 up, but Nice has mostly played like one of those seventh division clubs PSG were killing in the first rounds.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Zaire Emery is having the worst 15 minutes of his young pro career tbh. Regardless if he doesn't play RB usually.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Zaire Emery is having the worst 15 minutes of his young pro career tbh. Regardless if he doesn't play RB usually.
I watched Boga for years at Sassuolo when Chiriches played there, I still don't get why he didn't manage to be a better player. He's skilled and strong, and can often look like the best player on the pitch. It's a tough job tonight for WZE, maybe Hakimi should come in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad