Ligue 1 23-24

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Matic threw a tantrum to leave Rennes for Lyon.
Funny enough, calendar made Lyon host Rennes tonight.
3-0 Rennes and we're not even at halftime.
Doue with a great assist and a wonder goal.

I'm surprised to see Fofana is already starting
Still weird to see that Lyon team on paper, being so bad on the field

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm surprised to see Fofana is already starting
Still weird to see that Lyon team on paper, being so bad on the field
Lopez has been horrible. They have had tough luck too and have lost their confidence. Their D is awful.
Lyon has a real chance of going down, it's quite incredible when you see the individual quality.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This is not ice hockey. And a goal contribution every 182 minutes for a team like PSG isn't ok.
That's stat looking. Guy had very few minutes in the first part of the season but since he's starting the last few 5-6 weeks, he's been phenomenal.
And again, you can be an incredible player without adding goal or assists when playing wing. Case in point : Dembele.

And Barcola just got a yellow card for just walking and touching nodoby...

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
We have differences in what we consider incredible. And even Dembele has one every 172 minutes.

Red card for boy incredible haha

(If you check our post history I hyped him here before you did)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And a red card now for Barcola :facepalm:
Second yellow is deserved, first one is hilarious.

We have differences in what we consider incredible. And even Dembele has one every 172 minutes.

Red card for boy incredible haha

(If you check our post history I hyped him here before you did)
Yes, the Dembele example is exactly what I said.
And Luis Enrique stated Dembele creates the most unbalance for defenses in the world. And I agree with him.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Sometimes I miss the unique brand of chaos Dembele brought to Barcelona, and his passes. Not his shots though, definitely not his shots.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Brest is a mystery to me. They're a very average team with average players who never struck me as particularly good. Their coach is a known asshole and incompetent in every coaching job he's had.
But they're having a great season, and it's not like they're lucky, they fully deserve their points so far.
They seem to play so well together. :dunno:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Amateur hour in Ligue 1. Penalty for PSG, the camera on Mbappe's face, he approaches the ball, he misses (I guess?) because the camera never leaves his face!! hahahhahaha and they still haven't shown the full replay from an outer angle. I've never seen this level of broadcasting. Shocking

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah they showed it. Absolutely crazy good save from a guy who had zero L1 appearance (Sels' replacement).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Frankly I don't know I saw it a bunch of times already since it was stopped :dunno: Different broadcast?

Now that goalie makes an amateur mistake and Mbappe scores in the empty net.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Strasbourg aren't playing badly and might even get a result here but their individual mistakes are killing them. That goalkeeper should stick to saves and not play out from the back, he's been burnt once and close to be twice.

Asensio makes it 2-0. He's making a case he should be a starter, onthe rare occasions he's actually been fit to play he's looked very good.

Great game of football, Strasbourg get one back after an amazing cross by Chelsea loanee Angelo, who's been impressive. Then Donnarumma saves PSG's ass twice more to keep them one goal up.

Man, Strasbourg supporters DO NOT like Mbappe, booing him like Saudis booed Kroos haha ... and Strasbourg miss another glorious chance.

PSG hold on to win 2-1, but Donnarumma was their MOTM

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Caqueret with a dominant second half against Montpellier and probably wins it with a screamer from the wrong foot.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Caqueret with a dominant second half against Montpellier and probably wins it with a screamer from the wrong foot.
Would you say Lyon is more likely stay up at this point?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
They were always way too talented to stay at the very bottom of the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad