Ligue 1 23-24

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Evilo’s league.

Anyways, I’ll be watching more ligue 1 this season given the Chelsea likely loanees.

Deivid Washington, Angelo Gabriel, and Ugochukwu being the three most likely candidates at this stage. although, the latter two have a chance to stay with the first team and washington may still return to Santos for a year as first choice.

Viera seemed like a shit coach in the PL - no idea how that’s been working out so far in ligue 1.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Vieira was just average guy all defensive and hope for a lucky goal type of coach in L1.
Coaching is evolving in L1 (finally!) recently and he's already outdated IMO.
If you want to have fun watch Haize turn a mid to late table roster in Lens into a ferocious European spot challenger.

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
@Evilo can you give a scouting report on Esteve from Montpellier? I keep seeing Milan linked to him. Don’t know anything about him other than he’s a left-footed CB

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Esteve proved very steady. Doesn't make many mistakes, strong on the man and decent with his feet. Decent speed.
I would say he's a solid defenseman without anything that makes him more than a solid guy.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Here was last year's breakdown. Some hits and some misses. Not bad in terms of table predictions.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
@Evilo are you gonna make a preview for the upcoming season in this thread? always interesting to read.

I wonder if Monaco will start slow...again. :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
First game was yesterday.
Lille drew Nice at Nice.
Lille was the better team but goalkeeper Burka (former PSG and Chelsea) was huge.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Vitinha on the scoresheet for Marseille. I was a bit worried about his minutes considering the moves Marseille made. I need about 10 goals in the next 6-7 weeks.

Reactions: Evilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yep, nice goal from Ounahi. Nicce to see Vitinha score the winner too, he needs some confidence.

PSG with a typical Enrique game tonight. Outstanding possession and pressing. But no bite offensively.
I was surprised to see the team buy into the tac this quickly. At the 20th minute I think PSG had 97% possession.
Lorient was extremely disciplined and congrats on a well played game defensively.

PSG needs a dynamitor on each wing. Asensio isn't that, Dembele is.
They probably need one of Neymar or Mbappe on the left side.

Rumor tonight on Canal+ and l'Equipe is that he met the PSG staff and things are not looking that desparate.
Maybe, as I said, it was also a way to pressure into the mercato and type of coach he wanted. And also not commit without an exit door next summer. We'll see.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
@Evilo how much have you seen from Maxim Esteve (Montpellier)? Sounds like he's close to singing for Club Brugge, he's not in the squad today for Montpellier.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes someone asked a our him earlier.
Solid all around guy with good mentality.
He doesn't have a big quality nor a big default. He's a solid guy all around. Kind of like Lenglet at first.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Did something happen to Lafont yesterday as he was subbed off, injury? I had been hoping some bigger team might purchase him from Nantes.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Did something happen to Lafont yesterday as he was subbed off, injury? I had been hoping some bigger team might purchase him from Nantes.
He's been in talks with teams, including Monaco, but his disappointing season last year seems to have lowered his interest.

Yes, he got injured early in the game on a big contact.

Reactions: gary69

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And the funny thing is that Nantes was facing Toulouse and its goalie Guillaume Restes, highly touted and rated 18 year old who looks like a copy of Lafont when he started at Toulouse.
Well, Restes was named as best goalie of the first round of L1 by L'Equipe for his game against Nantes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad