Ligue 1 2020-2021

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Probably not in Poland. In the rest of the world it is.

Leonardo is being asked if Tuchel is in danger.
He managed to talk for 5 minutes without saying answering the question.

Reactions: Cassano

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
No, it’s not. He meant (if he did indeed say it) that Neymar is cute and cuddly. That’s what he meant by monkey.

Reactions: Evilo

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
What I fear is that other Ligue 1 teams will view this match on how to rough up PSG. We already saw ASSE try to murder their players in a cup final recently. More injuries for Neymar and Mbappe.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Jeez the one game i didn’t watch... picked Valencia;s game which wasn’t bad but this sounds like a 90s hockey playoff game. Shame I missed it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah Benedetto hit Paredes and then rolled on the pitch to waste time.
That was the start of the brawl. So blame PSG all you want, it's the bottom line.
This Argentine on Argentine violence has to stop.

From the clip posted it does look like Neymar started this bs. But not surprised those to were in the middle of it.

Paredes with the new hair looks even more of a bitch than usual. One of those more of a model than footballer.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know about the racist comment. It is unacceptable but it also open a pandora box that you could play the racist card and get the other player suspended. If the other guy did say that you would at least need a witness. Either the referee or at least lip reading.

I remember Zidane going berserk over Materazzi when he insulted his mother/sister and he was praised all over the world because he got Zidane out of the game.

At the end of the day, racist is unacceptable but it is hard to fully prove it and Neymar cannot get away for his action by just using the racist card unless it is proven.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Alvaro is Spanish and knows those words mean monkey motherf***er. So yeah, spare me with the non-racist, he knows what he did. This also started earlier in the game and was mentioned by Neymar earlier in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't know about the racist comment. It is unacceptable but it also open a pandora box that you could play the racist card and get the other player suspended. If the other guy did say that you would at least need a witness. Either the referee or at least lip reading.

I remember Zidane going berserk over Materazzi when he insulted his mother/sister and he was praised all over the world because he got Zidane out of the game.

At the end of the day, racist is unacceptable but it is hard to fully prove it and Neymar cannot get away for his action by just using the racist card unless it is proven.
I think it'll get proven easily with the number of mics around the pitch.
That spit post covid also deserves one heck of a suspension.

But again they should just subtract 6 points out of those two teams.

Reactions: Peen

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Calling someone a monkey isn't racist, no?

I'm not sure how it translates in every country, but if you say it in my language to a person of color it is most likely meant to be racist, yes, much like it is in english.

Are long suspensions coming? 3+ games?
For kicks and punches (Kurzawa, Neymar).
For racism (Alvaro).
For spitting - if true??? (Di Maria)

Also, Paredes and Benedetto were absolutely shameful in their displays that actually led to all this.
Benedetto rolling around every time someone came 5m near him was... I don't even know, surreal.

I will say, after finally getting to watch Ligue 1 regularly from this season, I've not been let down yet.
It's so raw, but so much talent - and the sh*thousery is up there too.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
All I got out of this brawl sequence was how laughably easy these professionals fell to the ground from shoves.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

So what he clearly said to Neymar then?

This thing is seriously getting out of hand.

In this climate accusing another player of racism is a serious offense. Now there have been dead threat to Alvaro and they even released his phone number and address.

I believe 100% people from the fans to the media and the league want culprit to be held accountable but if there are no clear evidence of racism it is even more dangerous to sanction Alvaro. It set a huge precedence and the possibilites of many cheats and assholes to use the racist card at every turn and ruin reputations.

Neymar is not an angel either and he is well known for exaggerating fouls so it is not out of question he might be making things up there.

Actually for all parties (league, sponsor, notoriety, publicity, media) involved it would have been even easier if they had clear evidence of the racist remark so they can act promptly, accurately and hard on Alvaro and set an example out of him, but as of right now there have no choice but to give the benefit of the doubt to him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So what you come up with is "accusing someone of racism is serious offense".
"Neymar is known for rolling on the floor after fouls so he could have made things up. "
We don't know what was said (yet?) but to come up with that is quite something.
It's the same arguments policemen use when women tell them they were raped.

Reactions: Cassano

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Without proof, nothing will be done.
That doesn't mean it was made up.
Álvaro was the guy who trashed Messi a midget for 90 minutes in Spain.
That also doesn't mean he made racists slander but that does tell a lot about his character.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
One thing on this latest video though.
You can see quite clearly that Alvaro said something that made Neymar instantly mad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad