Ligue 1 2020-2021

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
The first match of the season Bordeaux vs. Nantes kicks off in a few hours.

Was looking forward to seeing Adli in action, but he's missing for Bordeaux. A lot of turmoil for Bordeaux recently, as Gasset replaced Paulo Sousa as a manager about a week ago.

Several absentees for both teams because of Covid19 (four for Nantes + couple injuries), so the match quality might not be the best. Hopefully Moses Simon can offer some entertainment.

Covid19 casts a shadow on the start of the season with several players infected/isolated, at least with Nice, Lens, Angers...

Bordeaux seek derby spoils to kickstart Ligue 1 season

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Marseille has an outside shot of doing it this year. Would like to see a proper title fight. Early red card for Zerkane today. Bordeaux down to 10.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Mehdi Zerkane sent off in his Bordeaux debut after 20 mins. Bordeaux might lose this fixture for the first time in a long time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OM has zero chance to mount a challenge. They have thin depth, will play the CL and need to sell.

Nantes has an outrageous young U18 generation coming up (managed to win the whole league and playoffs without a single loss, steamrolling everyone), but it'll take a few years. And those guys don't have ONE crazy talent, but several excellent ones (HM to Abdoulaye Dabo who could make a claim to that title but who doesn't belong to that generation since he's a bit older).
Meanwhile Nantes will have to survive in L1 with decent average players until these guys are ready.

Bordeaux is a complete mess. The ownership is extremely unstable, refuses to invest and has changed coaches multiple times.
The good news for them is that Gasset is a top notch coach. Only real young talent who could make an impact is Adli, but boy that roster doesn't inspire anything but second half of the table.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wow, and Boey (Rennes RB) tried to kick the ball but hit the Lille player right in the head, and while falling down, Boey actually fell badly and lost conscience for a moment. Red card.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Our canadian fans might like to learn that David is making his debut right now.
I’m not watching. It looks as though David has the lowest player rating aside from the players sent off in the 1st half. Does that correlate with what you’re seeing?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Red for Lille now.

Yes David hasn't been very good, but he hasn't had the opportunity to shine either.

Reactions: Cassano

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
First 3 games of the season have produced 3 red cards already. And we have 45 minutes to go.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I hope Lille don't view David as a player-for-player replacement for Osimhen. David is way better when playing behind one or two strikers.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So, Camavinga came in and changed by himself the whole complexion of the game. Total domination and Rennes tied and should have won it (hit the post). He's already totally dominant at age 17.

Reactions: Creed Bratton

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Camavinga played 30 minutes tonight. When he entered his team was down 1-0 and not creating anything.
- 40 balls played
- 28/31 passes
- 6/6 challenges
- 1 assist
- 1 huge chance
- I don't have the dribbles stat but it seemed to me he made them all.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Camavinga was very good, Rennes were the better team 10 v 10. Thought the Reinildo red was harsh, only caught him with his trailing leg, did come in hot though I guess.

Great ball by Xeka and movement by Bamba for Lille's goal. Terrible marking for Rennes' goal.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I watched the game...why didn't Camavinga start? He controlled the game when on.

That boot to the head and then the fall was really something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad