Ligue 1 2020-2021

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Meanwhile if Di Maria's spit is proven (and I think it will) he will be suspended 5 games.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
So what you come up with is "accusing someone of racism is serious offense".
"Neymar is known for rolling on the floor after fouls so he could have made things up. "
We don't know what was said (yet?) but to come up with that is quite something.
It's the same arguments policemen use when women tell them they were raped.
You are comparing racist accusation on a football field with rapist accusation, seriously?

One is a filmed event with 40+ camera and millions viewers not to mention many potential witnesses on the field. The other situation, is usually somebody words against other. Very different circumstances.

I will repeat again, right now it would be in the best interest for every parties involved (ligue 1, sponsors, broadcasters) to have hard evidence of Alvaro using racist slur. It would simplify to life of everyone but Alvaro. They could show that they are fully against Racism by suspending Alvaro for a long time that Neymar the superstar is a victim and that the league would not tolerate ANY racism. Even more so in the current climate with BLM movement.

But right now this does not exist... and it's only Neymar words... now Alvaro is getting dead threat, the superstar Neymar is unhappy and suspended. There is a bad cloud over the league and all parties involved and sponsors are worried about the negativity it brings to the league.

Who to believe? You cannot do anything against Alvaro and his reputation is affected. Neymar has the privilege of being one of the most popular player in the world so obviously more people will side with his view. But with all that being said the league cannot do anything about it. Was it made up? Who knows? Maybe Neymar heard it wrong... or used his star privilege to protect himself?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well, yeah, I'm comparing your words, and yeah they're the same in rape and racism cases. Good job !
Telefoot said they didn't have images of either the Alvaro words nor the Di Maria spit.
That doesn't mean it didn't happen. Plenty of people on both sides said it happenned.

Now BeInSport said it had video of Alvaro's insults that made Neymar snap (see my post above for the extract).
They will have people reading those lips and hopefully we'll know either way.
As for the spit, I sure hope we get some footage as well.
If no proof is given, then no player should be suspended.

But PLEASE, avoid, under ANY cirumstance, be it racism, rape or anything to use things like "well, acccusing is a serious OFFENSE", or "he's often rolling on the pitch so HE COULD HAVE MADE IT UP".
Those are arguments that one should NEVER EVER use in such cases.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
But PLEASE, avoid, under ANY cirumstance, be it racism, rape or anything to use things like "well, acccusing is a serious OFFENSE", or "he's often rolling on the pitch so HE COULD HAVE MADE IT UP".
Those are arguments that one should NEVER EVER use in such cases.
It is serious accusation if it is made up!! It can ruin somebody life.

Imagine being falsely accused of racism or rapism from somebody.

How would you react? How would people react to you after that? How would you colleages react to you after that? How would your family and friends react? It could definitely affect you for the rest of your life

These are serious accusations on both front and yes Alvaro could or not have said these comments but in most case people will side with the victims and therefore he is affected no mater what by these allegations. (Right or wrong)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Watching the replay, this game was a tinderbox from the beginning. The referee seemed to actively be looking to avoid sending anyone off all match, just giving yellow after yellow, but for instance Paredes I believe it was could have easily gotten multiple yellows before it kicked off at the end.

The only guy that comes off okay is Sakai. He was trying so hard to keep everyone away from one another haha.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

How would you react? How would people react to you after that? How would you colleages react to you after that? How would your family and friends react? It could definitely affect you for the rest of your life

These are serious accusations on both front and yes Alvaro could or not have said these comments but in most case people will side with the victims and therefore he is affected no mater what by these allegations. (Right or wrong)

I dont think that's true at all tbh.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

First thing is you hear what the victim is saying.
Your first reflex was to say "it's a serious offense to a accuse someone of racism"
Nope it's a serious offense to insult someone racially.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Meanwhile if Di Maria's spit is proven (and I think it will) he will be suspended 5 games.

I didn't find anything definite, but are the possible suspensions already in force for Wednesday's PSG match and/or Marseille's Thursday's match? Or will they have more hearings/investigations today and any suspensions will start at later rounds?

Bit difficult for PSG to prepare for the match, if 20 hours before the kick off you don't who's eligible to play.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I didn't find anything definite, but are the possible suspensions already in force for Wednesday's PSG match and/or Marseille's Thursday's match? Or will they have more hearings/investigations today and any suspensions will start at later rounds?

Bit difficult for PSG to prepare for the match, if 20 hours before the kick off you don't who's eligible to play.
No I think it will be for the match after.
Commission is today.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah Aouar made a bad foul but not on purpose.
Depay was horrible again like last game but scored a penalty that was obtained by Cherki. Some people will be happy with the stat padding.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Is that the suspensions?

So they didn’t have the evidence to book DiMaria I guess?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think they're taking a bit more time for the Di Maria incident as well as the Neymar/Alvaro incident.
Those are for the rest.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Diallo getting a second yellow (not warranted) and PSG are now a man down and tied at 0-0 at home against Metz....

Tuchel is getting canned I can feel it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Diallo getting a second yellow (not warranted) and PSG are now a man down and tied at 0-0 at home against Metz....

Tuchel is getting canned I can feel it.
Even with the injuries no goals in 2 almost 3 games is unacceptable tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad