Ligue 1 2018/19

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yup, Meunier is doing great offensively again. Not too awful defensively too, so good game for him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tuchel showing balls. Leading 2-1 away in a game where they aren't playing too well, he subs out a midfielder for a striker and that striker scores.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Interesting stat.
In 6 PSG games, Tuchel subed in 5 players that scored 5 goals and 1 assist in the few minutes they played.

Reactions: maclean

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Fekir gives Depay a tap-in for the 2-0 and Memphis misses :facepalm:
A minute later, Diop loses the ball in midfield and OM ties the game 1-1.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ndombele is on another planet this week. Two totally dominant games.
He should be on the NT ASAP.

Meanwhile Strootman is just a ghost and he just gifted OL their 4th goal. It's sad that OM spent that much on him. They don't have much money and they spend a lot of money on him while benching Maxime Lopes. Just wrong decision all around.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Caleta-Car takes a red card. He, too, has been absolutely awful to start his L1 career.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Strootman really is a shadow. One of the more disappointing careers lately.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Strootman really is a shadow. One of the more disappointing careers lately.

Hm, and yet one thread over his absence is one of the reasons Roma is struggling this year... So maybe not such a bad deal after all :)

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Loved the goals in the big games this weekend, quite similar pass-shoot combinations like Neymar - Meunier and the Traore & Thauvin goals. Not some hopeful crosses, but speed and precise passes and finishes on the ground.

Reactions: Evilo

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Ladies and gentlemen... Caleta-Car :

Bahahhahahhaa :D

Yeah, seems he's having a rough start in France. Shame, but we need him for the U-21 team more than anything now.
Him, Mitrovic and Benkovic have 2-3 years to develop nicely before Lovren and Vida need replacing.

BTW, which is your team in France, Evilo?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tielemans and Jermerson sent to the stands for the next Monaco game. They've been awful this year, and very average last year as well.
Jardim has decided to take them out of the group.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Tielemans and Jermerson sent to the stands for the next Monaco game. They've been awful this year, and very average last year as well.
Jardim has decided to take them out of the group.
That's interesting. I remember Tielemans was quite highly regarded as a prospect; talent or mental issue?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Talent is incredible. But he's looked lost many times. He asked for more playing time last season and now that he has it, he's doing squat with it. He's supposed to be a creative force.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'd say he's a mix. A CM that can create offense since he has great passing skills. But he has done squat. On either side of the ball.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
That plan backfired as Monaco was probably even worse than in previous matches. Having seen about half a dozen L1 matches from them this season, I wouldn't blame Tielemans much at all. He did score one nice goal, but to me the problem seems to be that he is asked to do too much by the coach/team necessities (and maybe is also wanting to do too much), a bit similar like Pogba in ManUtd.

The other midfielders are very mediocre and there's just no creativity at all (it's early days yet for Golovin, but his impact has been minimal so far in the few times he's played). The biggest threat for Monaco comes from flanks, but even that isn't much of a threat. No doubt their kids will get better, but maybe not yet, and this season starts to look like it's a waste. Whatever faults they have, Marseille and Lyon look better and more dangerous as of now.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah Monaco is going nowhere this season. Sylla is high quality though.
I don't buy the comparison with Pogba (though I understand it) because while Pogba is expected to do too much, he still produces. Tielemans doesn't do much of anything.
Sure, he's hardly the only Monaco player to be blamed, but HE asked for more responsabilities and HE said he wanted more playing time or he'd leave.

The only creative player for Monaco is Rony Lopes, but he's injured. At this rate, Monaco will soon unleash Geubbels on the wing.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yeah, who would have thought that alongside Lopes, also Jovetic, Balde and Golovin would be injured at the same time (didn't Falcao also miss a game or two). So far in this season, Monaco probably has most injuries to their attacking players in any of the top European leagues.

Even though he's awfully young, it would indeed be nice to see Geubbels in a game or two. Maybe in some domestic club, although I think Monaco doesn't play any Coupe de France matches until after the CL group stage?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad