Ligue 1 2018/19

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:D

I tried to look at the biggest % in football, but could only find an article from 2016. No keeper had 50% when facing over 10 penalties.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Don't remember seeing this before, in the Caen vs Lyon match, on the sidelines there was a couple watching the game in a jacuzzi in their swimwear :laugh:

Caen does have some nice little players like Fajr and Ninga, even old man Beauvue did his job well.

In the Toulouse - Monaco match the hosts played some rough stuff, former big prospect Yaya Sanago seemed lost, so slow and many mistimed attempts to head the ball ending just barging into people. And when he was taken off, his replacement Leya Isaka immediately scored.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Payet and Thauvin with 2 wonderful goals of their own today. Marseille getting slowly back to form, but that won't be sufficient to pose any danger on PSG.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The 3 CL teams scare me for this week. PSG has way too many injuries (on the defensive side and Tuchel hasn't found the right formula either) and Monaco (injuries and form) and Lyon (everything) will get buttslapped.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So apparently the stats I read were wrong.
Maignan has stopped 7 of the 10 penalties he's faced, including the last 4.

Crazy.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's right though. Henrique has done a poor job this summer. Awful job even. Couldn't find a 6 once again, missed on on Boateng who wanted to come, couldn't find a backup striker for over a year.
Players have made a choice, as the captain's words showed.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
He's right though. Henrique has done a poor job this summer. Awful job even. Couldn't find a 6 once again, missed on on Boateng who wanted to come, couldn't find a backup striker for over a year.
Players have made a choice, as the captain's words showed.

He's certainly right. It's still concerning that he again fell that far out with an important figure at his club though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I understand. For now, he hasn't with the players though. And Henrique's work was questionned in the club before he came in, so the wind is trending for a firing.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well, Tuchel could have put Diarra at 6, Marqui at CB, and Kimpembe or Nsoki at LB.
He chose to showcase this because he knows everyone will put heat on Henrique. If he wins, he gets the praise. If he doesn't, Henrique gets blamed.

I'm not saying he tried to lose, but he wasn't mad IMO.
His words (I put the most common team to learn about them) are pretty telling IMO.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
PSG playing dreadful football so far. Midfield is a real problem, lacking pace and way too predictable. Meunier, Draxler, Di Maria should be all sold next window and the money going into a new MC (Paqueta), a DM (Doucoure) and a backup striker (no idea who to target here).

Reactions: All Might

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Draxler is a great bench wing option, I wouldn't sell him unless I have a replacement.
ADM should not play midfield because he doesn't work hard enough.
Bernat is beyond awful. He needs to go soon. Or be left on the bench.

Yeah they need a 6. Like really.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Draxler is a great bench wing option, I wouldn't sell him unless I have a replacement.
ADM should not play midfield because he doesn't work hard enough.
Bernat is beyond awful. He needs to go soon. Or be left on the bench.

Yeah they need a 6. Like really.

I feel like PSG could do better with the 40-60m they would probably get for Draxler.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I feel like PSG could do better with the 40-60m they would probably get for Draxler.
Oh I've said all aong they should pillage the french market and stop paying 50M for foreign talent. I agree.
They could have bought a Sanson for peanuts. Or Sarr. Guys who won't whine to be on the bench either.

Reactions: John Pedro

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Tuchel needs to fix this defense(not the players, the scheme), ASAP. The high defensive line has been getting exposed about every game, no matter the opposition. Lack of pressing from the forwards and midfielders really hurts the defense in that regard.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yup, great pass, great finish too. If only Meunier could defend as well as he could attack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad