Ligue 1 2018/19

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, Falcao, Golovin, Pellegri, and Jovetic were injured together. Balde is gone to Italy. With Lopes out too, it's crazy.

Still, even with Falcao and Golovin back, they lack the creativity.

Not sure about their calendar. Geubbels isn't on their CL roster however.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yeah, forgot about Balde, so far I have watched only a few non-Milan games from Serie A this season.

Geubbels is in Monaco's Youth Champions league squad though (but didn't play in the first match). https://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/season=2019/clubs/club=2606421/index.html

I forgot to say that Mboula has seemed disappointing after showing so much promise in Barcelona. Of course he still has time, but to progress he really needs too be playing more during this and next season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Very interesting lineup for PSG today. Cavani and Verratti are on the bench, Nkunku and Diaby are playing, but more that's not what's interesting.
It's the flat 4 CB at the back. Kimpembe on the left, Silva/Marqui in center and Kehrer on the right.
With the full lineup it'd be :
Kehrer-Marqui-Silva-Kimpembe
-----Verratti-Rabiot-----
--------Neymar----------
Mbappe---------Di Maria
----------Cavani-------

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also have never seen Neymar playing that much defense.

And he bangs home his second after a GREAT move by Mbappe (following an excellent play by Marqui).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
denied by VAR for offside :dunno:
Haven't seen it live, but indeed, Mbappe was a tad offside. Good call.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kehrer started this game as badly as he started his season, but has been much better the last 30-40 minutes. Finally seems at ease.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Monaco is going straight to L2 at this point.
Subasic is soooo past his best years. He's costing his team another point today.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yeah, Subasic let in a soft one. Raggi was terrible / stupid as well, at fault for the first goal and then punching an opponent during an offensive corner. Bit surprised that Monaco left both Falcao and Sylla on after being a man down. I know they have legitimate reasons for their troubles, but Jardim's choices still seem weird at times.

Nice pass from Golovin to Falcao for the Monaco goal (was it Sidibe who started it with a long pass?).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
PSG-Lyon pretty fun ride so far, both teams down to 10 men as the half closes

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hehe, it's both a positive and a negative. Negative because damn he needs to work on his finishing. You can't have 3 one on ones with the keeper in 10 minutes and miss all 3.
A positive because he could have scored 8 in this game :amazed: And it shows his mental strength to miss that much and still score 4 behind that.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think it's worth noting that he also drew the foul in first-half stoppage time that gave Lyon the second yellow to get their player booted and even up the numbers, so he was really making it happen this game. Neymar was also very good though

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And he drew the foul for the first half penalty.
It was really a crazy performance.
He could have finished with 8 goals a penalty obtained and a red card obtained.
Neymar was amazing and is coming back to his best level
Still Lyon was the better team in the first half.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I'll say it again, and every time I watch him play.
Tanguy Ndombele is incredible.

PSG should go hard after him. Sell Rabiot, brings in Ndombele and Thiago Mendes. With Neymar shifting to a more central '10' role, a winger would be a nice get too, not sure if the club can expend the money to buy someone good. I'm really impressed with Bamba from Lille, can't be too pricey.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Micha Bazdarevic (Paris FC coach) was interviewed today in L'Equipe and I noted a couple of interesting answers/questions :

Who is the best player you played with?
Micha says he played with lots of great players, citing Boban, Stojkovic, Savicevic, etc... but says Safet Susic was the best. Obviously.

Who is the best player you ever played against?
Micha answers he played against tons of alltime great, including Maradona, Platini, Zidane, Socrates. But the player that impressed him the most was Van Basten (though to be fair, he played VB in his prime, not Maradona, Socrates, Zidane or Platini).

The toughest SOB he faced?
Easy answer and unsurprising, Carlos Mozer. Says he was real mean in his tackled and frightenned people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad