Ligue 1 2018/19

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
French season starts today, PSG and Monaco will once again meet in the Supercup. The game will be played in Shenzhen, China.

Still lots of players missing on both sides, most have players are back in training already but are not fit to start just yet.

PSG will start with Buffon in goal, at the back Thiago Silva will lead a couple of rookies in Colin Dagba (19), Stanley N'Soki (19) and B-team player Kevin Rimane. Verratti, Rabiot and Lass Diarra play in midfield while up front Timothy Weah gets the start alongside Angel Di Maria and Christopher Nkunku.

Monaco look pretty strong on paper. Benaglio starts, with Jemerson, Glik and Raggi in front of him. New signings Jean-Eudes Aholou, Pelé and Samuel Grandsir all start in midfield, alongside Youri Tielemans, Julien Serrano and Rony Lopes with Stevan Jovetic being the lone striker. Young phenom Willem Geubbels doesn't seem to be in the match squad.

The game starts in about 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You said that two years ago.

And hopefully you say the same thing in the german, italian and EPL threads :sarcasm:
Probably in la Liga as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Both teams seem to need a whole lot of work, but the worst player on the pitch is Weah. I don't know if it's the pressure of starting, but he's completely lost. He has been late on every play, has missed tons of chances and made the bad choice every time. Hopefully he grabs a lucky goal or tap-in to gain some confidence.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And just as I said, Weah scores a tap-in after YET another amazing play by Nsoki. Two assists by Nsoki who at this point not only replaces Yuri easily, but could replace Kurzawa is he can't find his form back.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nkunku has a goal, a post and a missed sitter. Not bad for a midfielder playing out of position.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'm pretty excited for Ligue 1 this year. Race for 2-4 will be interesting - same as with EPL.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think he's pressuring to get some playing time or else he'll leave. But after today, and since PSG has so far not signed a LB, Tuchel will keep him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And just as I said, Weah scores a tap-in after YET another amazing play by Nsoki. Two assists by Nsoki who at this point not only replaces Yuri easily, but could replace Kurzawa is he can't find his form back.

That wasn't a tap in. It was a nice finish.

Didn't see the match, so I don't know how he played. That finish was nice though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That wasn't a tap in. It was a nice finish.

Didn't see the match, so I don't know how he played. That finish was nice though.
Oh come on. He directed it to the net, and the ball went through the goalie's legs. Nothing nice in that finish.

Anyway good for him to salvage something from this game because he was horrible before that. He'll have a high note at least.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Nkunku OTOH is still a joy to watch. Midfielder playing RW today.

Yeah, Nkunku was PSG's best player through the whole preseason. With Cavani still out because of injury, he is likely to be in the starting line-up in the next games as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That was an extremely boring and one-sided game, but damn Nkunku was once again a joy to watch. He's been bloody amazing.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Toulouse can’t keep staying up can they?

Awful performance today.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Poor Nantes doesn't deserve to be down 3-0 at home against Monaco. 3 late goals, ouch.
But it's great seeing so many teenagers playing and starting for Monaco. Incredible to trust kids that young and I approve.

Reactions: JayKing

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Damn I missed Ranieri getting sacked by Nantes at the end of the season. Nantes had a terrible 2nd half of the season last campaign, but that seems harsh. How disappointing.

Reactions: Evilo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad