Ligue 1 2018/19

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Paredes has had an extremely rough start indeed. He's at best invisible. Most of the time terrible.

That said, some patience needs to be shown here.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I found your twitter account @Duchene2MacKinnon

Paredes has had an extremely rough start indeed. He's at best invisible. Most of the time terrible.

I'm not trying to hate on the kid I'm actually begging for him to show me something but every time of I've seen him I'm left asking whats' so special about him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Agreed, he's shown some top skill in Europe before. I thought he looked extremely bright with Roma and he got very good reviews in Russia so it's a bit surprising he's struggling so much.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Agreed, he's shown some top skill in Europe before. I thought he looked extremely bright with Roma and he got very good reviews in Russia so it's a bit surprising he's struggling so much.

He played less than 40 games for Roma and was hardly a starter there. His 'break out' was his Empoli loan which added his hype in europe. This resulted in a move to Russia( surely to gain the glory of Russian football) then he moved to PSG. His 'good reviews' in Russia are pretty insignificant.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He played less than 40 games for Roma and was hardly a starter there. His 'break out' was his Empoli loan which added his hype in europe. This resulted in a move to Russia( surely to gain the glory of Russian football) then he moved to PSG. His 'good reviews' in Russia are pretty insignificant.
Okay? None of this is different from what I said, nor is it less than common knowledge. Still surprising to me based on what he'd shown previously.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Okay? None of this is different from what I said, nor is it less than common knowledge. Still surprising to me based on what he'd shown previously.
Him "extremely bright" in Roma and his good reviews in Russia don't account for much. Right now he's getting by his perceived talent rather than actual performance.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Paredes was a pretty divisive player to Roma supporters.

Some thought he was lazy and timid , others felt he brought things the basic fan couldn't see.

I liked him , but wasn't crying when he left. You could tell he had talent , but it was pretty hard to see what his ceiling would be.

I was kinda surprised when I saw PSG picked him up, tbh. He must've been killing it in Russia.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG fans must wonder why they can't keep guys like Ikone on their bench rather than sell them before giving them a minute.
Guy has 2 assists tonight. Coman went the same way and had two goals this weekend.

At some point, they *MIGHT* want to look at their tremendous academy.

Or just buy another Kehrer :facepalm:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And what a game by Xeka again... Such a low profile signing against from Campos, but tremendous one.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Read there were two fist fights at Lyon training. Fekir vs. Marcelo and Memphis vs. Mendy. That team seems ready to implode.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes the rumors say so. Aulas denied it saying as a proof that Mendy wasn't there.
Meanwhile a player said "yeah, but it was not that bad" LOL.

Yes, this team is going down the drain.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Read there were two fist fights at Lyon training. Fekir vs. Marcelo and Memphis vs. Mendy. That team seems ready to implode.
I know exactly who I’d be picking if I was Lyon. I keep Fekir and Mendy easily. Tell Marcelo to get over it and then send Memphis to the bench never to come back.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
This is what I was referring to PSG's squad not being that impressive early in the season. I may have not presented it well, but I fully agree with Tuchel's view. But the blame could fall on Tuchel as he doesn't utilize the academy as much as he should. Still, when you look at their overall roster, I still think it lags behind Europe's elite. Either that, or the team isn't accustomed to pressure games since their league is a cakewalk every season and harder to flip switch in knockout games.

I always underrated Matuidi, but they still haven't replaced him. His passion and style of play. He's a beast in pretty much every important Juve game I've seen.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Early in the seaons, they were getting accustomed to Tuchel. No biggie.

Right now, they're suffering from lack of depth. Tuchel has used Nkunku, Diaby, Areola, Kimpembe and Dagba from the academy in Lille. That sure wasn't the problem.
Problem was : Cavani, Neymar, Di Maria, Choupo, Thiago Silva (after a few minutes minutes), Meunier (after a few minutes), N'Soki, , Marquinhos, Rabiot (contract dispute) and Diarra (contract terminated) were all out of the game. That's 10 players. Kehrer was apparently ill, which might excuse his awful showing (but not his previous awful showings).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad