Post-Game Talk: Lightning Strikes! Habs lose 4-1 to Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Price allows 11 goals on this home stand
That’s just not good enough
He’s just not a game changer anymore. This contract is gonna bite the next GM of the Habs in the ass
Don’t care about age but Rinne just got a 2 year extension for 5 million a year. Ok....
I think we should trade him but at 10.5 mil we would have to eat some salary

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
A plumber lacking his wrench.
A carpenter lacking his hammer.
A cop lacking his donut.
A stripper missing her g-string.....wait, I think I got that wrong.

A plumber with no brain,
a carpenter lacking his brain,
a cop lacking a brain,
a stripper missing her brain.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Where are all those people who felt it was necessary to lock up Deslaurier instead of getting something for him at last years TDL? Oh yeah, I forgot, we need guys like him on our team is what i kept hearing....lol...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Oh cmon man
So the most expensive goalie in NHL history needs a stacked D???
Plus we couldn’t afford the lightning d. Price is eating all the money
It’s a ****ing joke
Paying 10 million to any player and surrounding him with a subpar team is dumb. Goalie or otherwise. McDavid didn't make the playoffs last year.

As for the cap, nobody's eating up anything. Cap Space was our highest paid player last season. The cap isn't our problem, lack of talent is. And it's great that we're off to a good start but we're miles from the Lightning.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He has to be a difference maker. Yes money has everything to do with it
Who cares about Price's cap hit to this point. Bergevin cant even bring good players via free agency and we don't have any superstar in our team that will command a huge salary so Price's contract is irrelevant. It's a stupid contract but its not preventing us to be a better team.. as of now.

Don't get me wrong. He sucks big time.. for quite some time now but if you want to bash Price's contract do it as against MB not Price. Price's past performance put himself in a position to earn such contract, MB built a team that has to give his star goalie such contract.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Petry is at best #3. Playing as #1
Benn is at best #6. Playing as #2
Reilly is at best #4. Playing as #3
Juulsen is at best #5. Playing as #4
Alzner should not be in the line up
Ouellet should not be a regular
Mete should be in the AHL improving his offensive game.

We were not supposed to be where we are now. Habs are not a force and will lose a lot of games. Bettet lose against Tampa than NYR.

The game is to still be in the picture when Weber comes back...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
tough night for the habs frenchies, Deslauriers with a really bad penality when we had momentum, Drouin trying to be way too fancy all night long with some low % passes and Hudon with all kind of troubles all night long, I wont crap on Hudon till we get a better player to replace him but when Scherbak comes back, they should try him on the first line to see what he is made of and then, take a decision on his future after a couple of games if he is worth keeping or waiver material... If Scherbak doesnt play on the top lines, he is useless.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Paying 10 million to any player and surrounding him with a subpar team is dumb. Goalie or otherwise. McDavid didn't make the playoffs last year.

As for the cap, nobody's eating up anything. Cap Space was our highest paid player last season. The cap isn't our problem, lack of talent is. And it's great that we're off to a good start but we're miles from the Lightning.
Cap isn’t a problem now. How do you know in 4 years though
Price is just above average now He will only get worse
I’ll take Mcdavids cap hit anytime over price
The way he’s playing I’m nkt positive he’s much more effective then Niemi

Reactions: Licentia

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Who cares about Price's cap hit to this point. Bergevin cant even bring good players via free agency and we don't have any superstar in our team that will command a huge salary so Price's contract is irrelevant. It's a stupid contract but its not preventing us to be a better team.. as of now.

Don't get me wrong. He sucks big time.. for quite some time now but if you want to bash Price's contract do it as against MB not Price. Price's past performance put himself in a position to earn such contract, MB built a team that has to give his star goalie such contract.

How many bad goals has he allowed this year? 3? I don't think any goalie put in his shoes would have done any better. It's not the dead-puck era anymore where a goalie could make a difference because there is so much more scoring chances. It's the start of the season (more goals/PP) and they reduce goalies equipement. I'm sure a lot of team would like their goalie to "suck big time" with a GAA of about 2,60

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Who really cares though? We can trade him and in four years 10 million is going to be much less of a cap hit than it is now.
He's played pretty well. His numbers aren't great, but that's to be expected when he's behind a team without a number one blueliner.
Great. He's the best player in the league and in his early 20s. But he still missed the playoffs... why? Because his team sucks.
He's been pretty consistent. After his shutout people talked about how great he's been. Now he's let in four goals and people are bashing the guy. It's the usual stuff here.

Bottom line is that he's been consistently good and that wasn't the case last year. It's early days and he's got something to prove this year but I think if Weber comes back okay his numbers will improve. He's still got good trading value and I'd personally unload him and Weber to start a true rebuild.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm not gonna be super negative.

Team played well I thought and created a lot of chances.

Vasilevskiy was the difference and made a bunch of big saves.

If they play like that every night, then they will win more than they lose. These nights happen. Tampa capitalized on their chances.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think we should trade him but at 10.5 mil we would have to eat some salary
Not only could we eat some of his salary we could have the other team unload bad contracts on us. Give them the cap freedom in return for picks/prospects. That's the way we should be thinking right now.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Price was bad. Deslauriers doesn't belong in the NHL
lol at Price was bad, he stopped some incredible scoring chances all night long, nothing he could do on the first goal, the second was that bad turnover from Hudon that Miller made him pay with a perfect top net shot, third goal Stamkos alone in the slot with all the time needed to fire his insane wrister... Habs had ton of good shots on Vasilevski who was extremmely solid all night long but never had to face some glorious scoring chances like Price had, no goaltenders in the league would have stopped the first 3 goals, you just cant give such glorious scoring chances to top snipers like that... Anyway some people are hopeless when comes the time to evaluate Price... He gave up 4 goals so he was bad, when in reality the 3 first goals were unstopable, only the fourth was debatable when the game was out of reach..

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Do tou think the return of Weber...which will push Petry on the 2nd pairing and Juulsen on the 3rd pairing....and push either Benn or Ouellet out of the line-up will change something for Price and the entire team's defense?

If you think it will, might have to wait until then....cause in the last 6 years, Price's numbers only went down when the team lost their #1 D.

You have to realize that Price made 3 to 4 key saves.
On top if that he let in 4 goals and none of them was as weak as the goal Vasy let in....and Tampa hit the post twice. All of that happened for a reason and it's not Price.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I'm starting to sense a pattern with Price. Opposing players seem to know when he's gonna drop to his knees, leaving the top corners open on both sides. If he's standing, I don't think JT Miller's shot beats him.

Reactions: Lycanthrope
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad