Post-Game Talk: Lightning Strikes! Habs lose 4-1 to Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Drouin is such a huge disappointment, you would think there would be some fire in his game facing his old team. Floating all night and then ices the game for the bolts. If I see him curl off and turn back to make a lazy saucer pass one more time, I am gonna break my tv
Good news is Best Buy is having a sale

Aug 25, 2009
éal
It was predictable. TB is on a whole other level. Their window is wide open and would go through a team like the Habs in 4 games in a playoff series.

Still, before the BOS-DAL-WSH-TBL I said I would celebrate a ,500 like it was a Stanley Cup, so I really cant complain. Team is playing well. Now they need to keep doing this and gather points against weaker teams: NYI, NYR, BUF, VGK, EDM, CGY and VAN in the next two weeks. That's an easy schedule, even if on the road.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
TB is a contender. We are not. That showed tonight.

Montreal's start means our players will have trade value - even Benn.

Petry, Benn and Shaw are the 3 must moves.

Deslauriers should be waived.

I like Hudon, but.....

Montreal desperately needs scorers up front, and better offense from the D. There is a long way to go, but we have some good pieces too.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Drouin most used forward (19:41) tonight, Bolts players included.

confused-buffy.gif

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Price was bad. Deslauriers doesn't belong in the NHL
After tonight's game the same argument can be made for The Golden Boy. Most players would want to show their former team that they made a mistake, especially with Drouin walking out on Tampa Bay. But no he delivers a stinker of a game. I'll never understand people who claim he has all the tools. If he does he forgets to bring them to work more often than not.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It was predictable. TB is on a whole other level. Their window is wide open and would go through a team like the Habs in 4 games in a playoff series.

Still, before the BOS-DAL-WSH-TBL I said I would celebrate a ,500 like it was a Stanley Cup, so I really cant complain. Team is playing well. Now they need to keep doing this and gather points against weaker teams: NYI, NYR, BUF, VGK, EDM, CGY and VAN in the next two weeks. That's an easy schedule, even if on the road.

Edmonton and Buffalo are no longer easy. NYR are the only "soft" game on that list.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tomorrow there will be those that say that the negative fans were out in full force after a bad loss. The same people also tend to think that Bergevin has done a great job.

I've said all along we can't keep losing these divisional match ups. Not going anywhere if you can't beat the teams in your own division. I do expect to lose to Tampa all year long but we can't afford to lose to Ottawa and Buffalo...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
After tonight's game the same argument can be made for The Golden Boy. Most players would want to show their former team that they made a mistake, especially with Drouin walking out on Tampa Bay. But no he delivers a stinker of a game. I'll never understand people who claim he has all the tools. If he does he forgets to bring them to work more often than not.
Drouin is a roofer that is lacking a ladder.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Oh cmon man
So the most expensive goalie in NHL history needs a stacked D???
Plus we couldn’t afford the lightning d. Price is eating all the money
It’s a ****ing joke

I don't disagree it's a Bobby Luongo situation.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not understanding why Petry refuses to hit the net on the pp, nor why Armia is on the first unit and Shaw is on the 2nd unit. Put Lehkonen in front of the net on the 2nd unit, and Tatar back on the 1st. And Kotkaniemi needs to be in Galchenyuk's office on the 2nd unit, if not the first.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I thought the game wasn't as far off as the score made it seem.

The bad Deslaurier penalty that lead to the 1-1 goal just broke our momentum completely for the first. Then we had a good second and got robbed of a few from Vas, couldn't put one away. Then basically gave up after Stammer scored to make it 3-1 in the first minute of the third.

If Price had made an extra save maybe, or if that penalty on D-lo doesn't get called, we could be looking at a different game. They controlled play for extended stretches against one of the best teams, but still got outplayed. Slightly.

Edit: I also thought Drouin got worse as the game went on, he was noticeable in the first (in a good way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad