Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign RD Kevin Shattenkirk | 1 year, $1.75M

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Does this mean JBB and Coop aren't as high on Sergy's ability to pair with Hedman or to take top four minutes? Or is Shattenkirk destined to pair with Coburn on the third pairing, thus pushing Rutta out?

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
FAC59ECE-EB8B-4AA8-AAD0-353AB60CF7F2.png

Shattenkirk isn’t anything too special but our defense should improve nicely from last year.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Agreed this is a great move by the Bolts and has the potential to put a good puck moving defenseman on all three pairings! My guess is that Schenn and Rutta end up as #7 and #8 (a stay hat home D and puck mover as extras ). Masin could be traded if they get an offer that they like but more than likely they try and get him through waivers on last cut day when odds are best of doing so!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
For the price you can't complain, 450k more than Ruuta and a big upgrade on him. But I'm not convinced he's that good anymore, his play has fallen off a lot. He can still skate and his offensive instincts are still good but we really don't need an injection of more offensive skill. We need to defend better and Schenn is much better at that. He should play with McDonagh so be can shelter him big time. Takes pressure off of Foote having to make the team this year and allows him a full season to put everything together in Syracuse.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Now that I think about it we are probably gonna bench Coburn for Rutta again at some point. Can’t wait to see everyone’s reactions!

Hedman-Shattenkirk
Mcdonagh-Cernak
Sergachev-Rutta

Is what we will have for the playoffs probably. Coburn is pretty old as well so even if he had a good year I’m not sure we can expect the same this year.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
For the price you can't complain, 450k more than Ruuta and a big upgrade on him. But I'm not convinced he's that good anymore, his play has fallen off a lot. He can still skate and his offensive instincts are still good but we really don't need an injection of more offensive skill. We need to defend better and Schenn is much better at that. He should play with McDonagh so be can shelter him big time. Takes pressure off of Foote having to make the team this year and allows him a full season to put everything together in Syracuse.
Hopefully he will look a little bit better not playing for the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad