Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Erik Condra (3 years, $1.25M AAV)

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Condra will be a huge upgrade from Morrow, but does that mean we are sitting or moving Brown? A line of Paquette - Boyle - Condra can be very good. Want to see Paquette off the 3rd line, and on the 4th and still in the line-up. Knowing guys like Drouin and Vladdy are expected to get more play according to Yzerman we should be able to have 4 scoring lines now.

I kine of liked Paquette, Brown and Callahan as hustle line . We will have to see how Condra fits in

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I kine of liked Paquette, Brown and Callahan as hustle line . We will have to see how Condra fits in

condra is brown can't score but plays better defense! since we signed condra I myself would trade brown for a 4th round draft pick out whatever. i'd rather see JONATHAN MARCHESSAULT take jt brown's spot in the line up.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
A quote from an Erik Condra discussion on the Ottawa board:
Exactly, simply not worth it. Everytime he's on the ice, I feel like something good will happen but most importantly, that nothing bad will happen. Very reliable player and Cameron must feel good to have a player like him that does all the little things to help us win games. Couldn't be happier that Cameron convinced Murray to keep him. Hopefully Murray sees the light come July 1rst. I'd rather trade Chiasson for a late pick than let Condra go, he's just that much better. Trade Legwand, Chiasson, buyout Greening ... whatever needs to be done.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
In short he's the perfect bottom 6 forward. Mega upgrade over Morrow who was a good guy but not that type of reliable.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He's an amazingly smart hockey player. Never out of position, always has a good sense where the puck is going to be, great anticipation. If he had a strong set of hands, he'd be a borderline first line guy. That's really the only thing holding him back. You can plug him into the lineup anywhere, and any situation, and he won't hurt you at all.

Only frustrating part, is his amazing anticipation and hustle leads to a lot of breakaways and great chances on net...and his hands let him down. But, if you have another speedster with him who also has some good hockey IQ with soft hands and can see an offensive opportunity developing, you can cash in a lot of those chances.

This is the kind of kid you need to win championships. Great pickup for Tampa. Sad to see him go, but he'll really make a name for himself with your team.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Now that you have Condra, here are a few ongoing jokes/memes about Condra which you may choose to carry on or simply discard:

1. He has elite stamina.

Someone said this once, and it stuck. What is elite stamina exactly? It's kind of a nebulous concept, but it drives fans on other team's nuts when you tell them this.

"You haven't seen stamina until you've seen Erik Condra. It's elite. Elite stamina."

2. He misses open nets.

It can be frustrating, but it's always fun in retrospect.

This is probably the most popular example:

DXzWH.gif

3. He has an evil side of his face and a good side of his face.

condra_headshot.jpg

Hope he's playing well for you guys so far.

He was a bubble player last year who came up with his best season and can always be counted on to play the game at a high tempo (elite stamina?) and is very defensively responsible.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Now that you have Condra, here are a few ongoing jokes/memes about Condra which you may choose to carry on or simply discard:

1. He has elite stamina.

Someone said this once, and it stuck. What is elite stamina exactly? It's kind of a nebulous concept, but it drives fans on other team's nuts when you tell them this.

"You haven't seen stamina until you've seen Erik Condra. It's elite. Elite stamina."

2. He misses open nets.

It can be frustrating, but it's always fun in retrospect.

This is probably the most popular example:

DXzWH.gif

3. He has an evil side of his face and a good side of his face.

condra_headshot.jpg

Hope he's playing well for you guys so far.

He was a bubble player last year who came up with his best season and can always be counted on to play the game at a high tempo (elite stamina?) and is very defensively responsible.

He's been fantastic thus far.

As for missing open nets, he's an improvement on JT Brown. You haven't seen a guy missing chances until you've seen JT work his wonders on a nightly basis.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's been fantastic thus far.

As for missing open nets, he's an improvement on JT Brown. You haven't seen a guy missing chances until you've seen JT work his wonders on a nightly basis.

I'm taking credit for Brown's goal tonight.

The ultimate in anti-jinxes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad