Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Erik Condra (3 years, $1.25M AAV)

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Very solid bottom 6 defence oriented signing. Smart hockey player that will help the PK. Do NOT expect a lot of offense. Smart enough to get into great scoring position a good amount but good god he can't finish.

You will be very happy if scoring expectations are limited.

Expect 3 years was to much for Ottawa with a lot of youth coming up right now.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
I would imagine we won't resign Morrow and good luck to him, he gave 110% every time on the ice.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...gent-winger-erik-condra-from-capitals/2235816
"I was more than excited," said Condra, a right-shot who leaves the Senators after five seasons. "It's always nice to go to a top-end team that's competing for the Cup."
Condra, a former Notre Dame star, was expecting to stay with Ottawa, which drafted him in the seventh round in 2006. Condra was disappointed the Senators didn't match his other offers, but thrilled to end up in Tampa Bay, which fits his "up-tempo style."

It's been a wild year for Condra, who went from a healthy scratch to strong fourth-line contributor for the Senators. Condra had nine goals and 14 assists in 68 games.

"It's funny how this game works out sometimes," Condra said. "I showed at the end of the year, when I'm counted on, I can be productive."
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=773533&navid=DL|TBL|home
Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman said the organization had targeted Condra midway through the just-completed season for his versability and ability to fit into the Bolts system.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Would be surprised to see Brown traded. Feels like we may trade a forward or two though . With the depth we have at the forward positions teams will be ringing Steve to see what they can get. We don't seem to have room on the squad for all the forward talent we have.
We probably could use another D-man for insurance for a one or two year contract. nothing too expensive.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Would be surprised to see Brown traded. Feels like we may trade a forward or two though . With the depth we have at the forward positions teams will be ringing Steve to see what they can get. We don't seem to have room on the squad for all the forward talent we have.
We probably could use another D-man for insurance for a one or two year contract. nothing too expensive.

We have 14 forwards and 8 D by my count. So, one way or another, someone has to go. That either means Nesterov or Drouin to Syracuse, or we lose someone on waivers at the end of camp (like Panik), or we trade someone beforehand.

Wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman lets things shake out at camp, sees what he has to work with, and makes a decision then.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Honestly, I'd like Drouin to go to Syracuse...and play Center. I want Drouin centering Stamkos to be honest not the other way around. In Cooper's system the Center carries the puck through the neutral zone...nobody better on our roster better equipped than Drouin. Johnson for example is prototypical Center in the system. Takes the breakout pass from the boards and is off and running the other way tilting the ice. Stammer cannot stickhandle through traffic...

So from this standpoint...would not be sad to see Drouin learn the system as a Center in Syracuse and be first call up as a Center for the Bolts next season. Call me crazy...but long term in this system Drouin is better suited as a playmaking center than a playmaking winger.

Victhor Ollesson

Dec 30, 2014
Florida
Honestly, I'd like Drouin to go to Syracuse...and play Center. I want Drouin centering Stamkos to be honest not the other way around. In Cooper's system the Center carries the puck through the neutral zone...nobody better on our roster better equipped than Drouin. Johnson for example is prototypical Center in the system. Takes the breakout pass from the boards and is off and running the other way tilting the ice. Stammer cannot stickhandle through traffic...

So from this standpoint...would not be sad to see Drouin learn the system as a Center in Syracuse and be first call up as a Center for the Bolts next season. Call me crazy...but long term in this system Drouin is better suited as a playmaking center than a playmaking winger.

Agreed. :nod:

In addition to this, I would entertain trading Carle :rant: for some AHL depth and a pick at this point, and then go out and sign one of the remaining D for far less. I know I am probably alone as far as that goes, but how much worse could one of them to be compared to what we witnessed at times this year? That extra space wouldn't hurt for exploring trade deadline options either. Realistically, I don't expect anything else to happen though.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I prefer Stamkos on the wing too, that's where he's the most effective IMO, but to center a top line Drouin has a major task ahead. It will take some time.

Someone I can see getting moved to center in the future is Palat. Yeah he'll get better at taking face off.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

If the long term plan is to switch Drouin to center, I'd be all for it. I agree it would be best for the team too. Drouin needs the puck, Stamkos doesn't.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
We might be able to return something like that if we put Namestnikov in a situation to pad his stats.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I wish we had the cap space to sign Semin. A line of Drouin Stamkos and Semin would be insane. Not very good defensively but would be amazing in the offensive zone. We have three other two way lines. Have one powerful offensive line like that would be tough to stop.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
any audio/video interviews with this guy? I'm always eager to hear more from FA signings/traded players but I guess we won't hear much until training camp. :P

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
[nhl]815120[/nhl]

Deke on Price

[NHL]763710[/NHL]

Goal against Gibson.

[NHL]754541[/NHL]

Goal against Ward

[NHL]797649[/NHL]

Interview after game against Bolts.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Condra will be a huge upgrade from Morrow, but does that mean we are sitting or moving Brown? A line of Paquette - Boyle - Condra can be very good. Want to see Paquette off the 3rd line, and on the 4th and still in the line-up. Knowing guys like Drouin and Vladdy are expected to get more play according to Yzerman we should be able to have 4 scoring lines now.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
We would be lucky to get sixth or seventh round picks for these guys .

Exactly. People seem to think we can just trade anyone to anywhere at anytime like this is NHL15 or something. How often does that really happen?

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
I wish we had the cap space to sign Semin. A line of Drouin Stamkos and Semin would be insane. Not very good defensively but would be amazing in the offensive zone. We have three other two way lines. Have one powerful offensive line like that would be tough to stop.

I would think Semin would sign a cheap show me 1 year contract hoping another sucker offers him a longterm deal

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

Semin has constantly out-possessed his opposition throughout his career and last year didn't make exception. The fact he scored so few goals in 2014-2015 is really mind-boggling, and I don't believe that would happen two seasons in a row. I think we're [unofficially] the best team in the league with Semin on our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00