Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Erik Condra (3 years, $1.25M AAV)

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Condra

- fast skater
- smart player
- A+ work ethic
- excellent PKer
- limited offensive skills (bonafide bottom sixer)
- good for missing around 3-4 glorious scoring opportunities a season (usually he helped create them with his smart defensive play but you will still shout "WHY CONDRA WHY")

Overall a good role player, I'll miss him in Ottawa.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Condra

- fast skater
- smart player
- A+ work ethic
- excellent PKer
- limited offensive skills (bonafide bottom sixer)
- good for missing around 3-4 glorious scoring opportunities a season (usually he helped create them with his smart defensive play but you will still shout "WHY CONDRA WHY")

Overall a good role player, I'll miss him in Ottawa.

Every year? You just described what happens with Brown every game.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm hoping he creates that many more chances with us so even if he misses most of them he ends notching just a few more goals. At least he'll be way better than Morrow. Nice find.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Morrow only had what 3 goals the whole freakin' season. He was basically useless with us when we could have had Drou play more. If Condra can actually bring some speed or offence of even another PK'er he's already 100 times better than Morrow

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Lightning sign Erik Condra (3 years, AAV $1.25M)

Welcome to your new home Erik !

Looks like a solid, defensive minded possession player. Don't know much about him but seems a good fit on paper.

730112Dashboard1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
For whatever reason I watch a lot of Sens games. Not intentionally, but it happens. I've been seeing Condra for awhile now, we're gonna love this guy.

Our PK is going to be rock solid. He's not super fast, but he won't look out of place speed wise. And he's smart.

Good price, ok term. I like it.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
You got yourselves a hell of a bottom 6 player, really sad to see him go. Condra is an amazing defensive bottom 6 player, great on the PK and extremely responsible with the puck. He consistently a good player, you guys will enjoy him.

Oh and his nickname is Stamina in case you're wondering.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Coop going full DPE, definitely wants to make all those 1-0, 2-0 games his signature win. :laugh:

Thanks for the insight guys.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Seems like an excellent defensive player with limited offensive upside, but that's fine. Keep the puck out of our net and eat up 10-12 minutes a night. That's all we really need.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The more I read about him the more I like him. We don't need him to be an offensive weapon. Seems to be a good fit too with the speed and smarts.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
1. Johnson
2. Palat
3. Kucherov
4. Stamkos
5. Killorn
6. Filppula
7. Callahan
8. Paquette
9. Boyle
10. Brown
11. Condra
12. Drouin
13. Namestnikov
14. Marchessault

Something's gotta give. I don't think we would sign Marchessault and then risk him to waivers, so he's on the team. Same with Namestnikov. If Drouin doesn't go to Syracuse, it would have to be Nesterov, but we tend to carry 8 D when possible, so I doubt that happens either.

Another trade incoming maybe? If not, somebody we like will be spending next year in Syracuse.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
1. Johnson
2. Palat
3. Kucherov
4. Stamkos
5. Killorn
6. Filppula
7. Callahan
8. Paquette
9. Boyle
10. Brown
11. Condra
12. Drouin
13. Namestnikov
14. Marchessault

Something's gotta give. I don't think we would sign Marchessault and then risk him to waivers, so he's on the team. Same with Namestnikov. If Drouin doesn't go to Syracuse, it would have to be Nesterov, but we tend to carry 8 D when possible, so I doubt that happens either.

Another trade incoming maybe? If not, somebody we like will be spending next year in Syracuse.

Drouin to Syracuse. If not Nesterov, makes no sense to keep him just to sit in the pressbox, Witkowski can do that. Maybe even both as we didn't carry 23 most of the year.

Like the deal as a Morrow replacement, 3 years is interesting but it's cheap. Brown and JAM have 1 year deals left so those two will be fighting for a spot this year as well as a new deal. Erne, Richard and possibly Peca could replace them the following year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we don't make another move, our AHL team is going to be pretty stacked, one way or another.

Either: Nesterov, Koekkoek, DeAngelo

Or: Erne, Peca, Drouin

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
1. Johnson
2. Palat
3. Kucherov
4. Stamkos
5. Killorn
6. Filppula
7. Callahan
8. Paquette
9. Boyle
10. Brown
11. Condra
12. Drouin
13. Namestnikov
14. Marchessault

I think we'll try to sneak JAM down to Syracuse. Vladdy and Drouin will be on the team. That leaves us with 13 and Coop can decide how to rotate Mr. 13 in and out.

JS91

May 14, 2014
I'm feeling a Namestnikov trade sooner or later this offseason. Could start the season with Drouin on the 1st line with Stamkos and Killorn, roll TKO on 2nd and have Condra play with Flip and Cally (the ultimate shutdown line). The 4th line would be anchored by Boyle and Paquette with JAM and Brown rotating as the 12th guy.

If we don't trade anyone then we'll probably have to waive JAM and have Namestnikov playing on the 4th line. If Drouin gets sent down I'll fly over the ocean and spray #FREEDROUIN all over Amalie Arena...

Anyways, Condra seems like a great fit for our bottom 6. Great penalty killer and possession driver so he fits right in with our system.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
watching the Sens press conference, I get the idea that Ottawa didn't want to go 3-years with Condra.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
If we don't make another move, our AHL team is going to be pretty stacked, one way or another.

Either: Nesterov, Koekkoek, DeAngelo

Or: Erne, Peca, Drouin

I think if they send Drouin back down thats the final straw for Drouin and he'll want to leave Tampa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad