Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Erik Condra (3 years, $1.25M AAV)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm starting to think Condra won't add much scoring to our bottom 6.. Might help the PK tho but idk, I guess we'll see, he's only making a little more than Morrow made so what evs

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm starting to think Condra won't add much scoring to our bottom 6.. Might help the PK tho but idk, I guess we'll see, he's only making a little more than Morrow made so what evs

Why not? He outscored everyone in the bottom 6 last year and had 1 less point than Boyle in 14 less games. Huge upgrade from Morrow.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Boyle only had 8 goals combined his last two seasons with the rangers and 15 his first season with us so maybe we'll get lucky with Condra as well, but even if he doesn't if he can be solid defensivly then I'm happy.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Good signing!

Is Brown in danger now?

I'm wondering that too. If we were to deal Brown, our forward roster moving forward would be a lot more clear. Right now it looks like we're either going to have to demote Drouin, or we're going to have another Panik situation. (And imagine if someone makes a surprise Namestnikov-like push for the main roster in September.)

I just can't see us sending Nesterov down at this point.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Why not? He outscored everyone in the bottom 6 last year and had 1 less point than Boyle in 14 less games. Huge upgrade from Morrow.

Boyle had more points, Drou had more points, Paq had more goals. I don't think Condra is going to be this big scoring player for us, our bottom 6 will probably stay the same and not be very useful, although Cally-Paq-Brown showed good promise. Contra will play with Boyle I think.

I agree with him being better than Morrow, literally anyone else can, but idk IMO I don't think he's gonna help us, but that's just me and I hope i'm wrong.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Boyle had more points, Drou had more points, Paq had more goals. I don't think Condra is going to be this big scoring player for us, our bottom 6 will probably stay the same and not be very useful, although Cally-Paq-Brown showed good promise. Contra will play with Boyle I think.

I agree with him being better than Morrow, literally anyone else can, but idk IMO I don't think he's gonna help us, but that's just me and I hope i'm wrong.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

He's not going to score a ton of goals, but he'll score a few. More than Morrow and Brown. While that might be a "duh", it's a big deal when you can upgrade both the defense and the offensive production of your bottom 6.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Condra can produce at an average to above average rate for a bottom 6 player. He absolutely can score if needed. Sometimes he'll surprise everyone and get a breakaway and score.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

He might not score, but he'll scorer more than Morrow. Meanwhile, he'll be able to keep up with our bottom-six, and who knows what that might lead to.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/erik-condra-could-be-landing-with-lightning/2235761
Condra, 28, is expected to be a key bottom-six winger who can play both left and right side, and be a contributor on the penalty kill.

"We think he's a good player, a versatile player," Yzerman said. "His hockey sense is really good, a good competitor."
With Condra's signing, Yzerman indicated the Lightning is done in free agency. Tampa Bay will have 13 forwards, and Yzerman said Condra's addition doesn't change the fact he expects Vladislav Namestnikov and Jonathan Drouin to get more opportunities to play next season.

"I'm counting on them to play a bigger role," Yzerman said.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Seems crazy that an extra year would be a deal breaker at $1.25m. We've retained more money than that without blinking.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
watching the Sens press conference, I get the idea that Ottawa didn't want to go 3-years with Condra.

That's right. They wanted 2 years and Condra wanted a 3 year deal. Good on him for getting it. Good deal for him and for Tampa. He'll help out on the PK and can play on the 4th line. Not a flashy player, but he works hard. He was well liked by his teammates in Ottawa from what I've heard.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Great signing.

Like that he is great on the PK. Allows one of Johnson/Palat to be taken off.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
SFY done in FA, does not mean done with any trades. Still plenty of time between now and training camp to get the roster set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad