Post-Game Talk: Lightning @ Rangers 2/10/13 "The Adventures of Wade Richards and Rick Gomez"

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Powe deserves more love on the poll; Asham and Callahan don't score if not for him forcing turnovers.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
gif I thought you Rangers fan would like of McDonagh clearing the crease

Ryan_McDonagh_cleaning_out_Alexander_Killorn_rangers.gif

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Wonder How much the postponed Tampa game affected them..Solid game at time from us, let's keep it up..

Boston seemed to be fine. Weren't you one of the people last time making excuses about back to backs? So what was the alternative another back to back for them?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
1) Wait, so one guy, acting like a stereotypical male jackass, says show me your **** and you equate it to a generalization of all Rangers fans, as if there truly is that risk we are all like that? Pathetic.

2) Pretty sure Torts being redfaced reading the riot act to everyone on the bench for their loose play kinda disproves your theory.

3) On paper, as it was even with the others and before the season started, we were the 'best team in the nhl'. But one game does not make the paper become 3 dimensional. Feel good game for sure. But with all the underperformance you mentioned, and the first time all season we've won 2 in a row, I'd say we've got some ways to go before we could say we're the best team in the nhl in any sort of reality. On paper? Hey, papers nice. We can hang it up in our offices after we miss the playoffs for being only a few games over 500. Hopefully, we will in fact come together and the stars will perform better on the scoresheet. I have faith we will. But it'll be at least 3 weeks of really solid play before we can make any best team claims.

4) Yeah, when players are underperforming to such a level, it is definitely our hopes some will improve significantly as things get rolling. We need it much sooner than later. But tonight definitely felt good, and things are looking up for sure, as long as we keep this consistency going.

1) I don't think it's all Ranger fans, but it's not like the first time something happened. I think "stereotypical male jackass" is a bit of an understatement but whatever.

2) Yeah I'm sure no coach in the history of the NHL would be glad with the first 10 minutes of this game defensively. I'm just saying, it seems to be a byproduct of a more aggressive game. Yeah but I understand Torts wouldn't happy with that.

3) I don't think they're the best team. Chicago is probably the best team on paper. However, on paper (the word you've used a whole bunch of times) they're probably the most complete team in the league when you consider Chicago's goalie is playing well over his head. You can make the case that we have the best D corps in the league (the main board voted us as that and that's while thinking Stralman is a scrub and Bickel being listed as our #6), Lundqvist is the best goalie in the league (hasn't played like it most of the season, a lot of reason for optimism). Now we have two of the best wingers in the league and a 30 goal guy playing on the 3rd line. BTW, everyone on this team can skate. No more Boyle, Bickel, and Rupp.

4) Agreed, seems like a lot of top guys in the league started slow for one reason or another.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
One more thing. Why was MDZ playing with Gilroy at the beginning of the game? Did he get demoted? I was worried that Staal got hurt.

*Bob Richards*

I really just can't stop watching this GIF of McD throwing down. He goes hard in the paint.

tumblr_mi1gdy8Db81qgj1uko1_500.gif

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers need to play with snarl on D. McDonagh made a comment after the Jersey game about needing to play meaner. The past 2 games McDonagh has been more physical. Clearing out players from the crease.

"I don't think we're playing mean enough at times," Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh said. "We're not passionate in our own zone—that's where we've always been our best."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324590904578288180391352340.html

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
IF the Rangers can beat the Bruins tomorrow night,they will be 7-3 in their last 10 after starting the season 0-2. The Rangers skate at noon today before leaving for Boston.

*Bob Richards*

The hat is starting to remind me of the Heisenburg hat from Breaking Bad.

Now I just need Nash to say, "RICHIE, WE HAVE TO COOK er SCORE"

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
One more thing. Why was MDZ playing with Gilroy at the beginning of the game? Did he get demoted? I was worried that Staal got hurt.

Strålman played very well in Girardi's absence and was promoted.

Torts also likes to play the D on their correct side which will always give Strålman an edge over MDZ. If he feels their level of play is similar, Strålman is likely to play #2RD over MDZ.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Strålman played very well in Girardi's absence and was promoted.

Torts also likes to play the D on their correct side which will always give Strålman an edge over MDZ. If he feels their level of play is similar, Strålman is likely to play #2RD over MDZ.

Thanks. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw 18 on the ice.

Vickers8

Great 3rd period sealed the deal, team speed is impressive now with Miller, Kreids, Powe and Gilroy added to the lineup

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I thought we moved the puck better than at any point this season. Crisp passes, good flow, nice cycling and board play, got shots through. I liked the way we played offensively. Great sign.

In the neutral zone we were sloppy. Allowed far too many odd-man rushes. That needs to change for us to continue to win games. Henke made some huge saves on those breaks. Game would have been completely different had he not come up big.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
McDonagh played with Girardi,Stralman and DZ last night. Mostly with Girardi and Stralman. He took at least one shift with DZ. The Rangers played 5 D. Gilroy has filled the role of the 10 minute 6th D. He hasn't done a bad job. They need another D. Lefty or righty. DZ didn't see any PP time last night. The box score has him down for 1 second of PP. The Rangers used Stralman,Staal and Girardi on the PP.

Vickers8

Bad: Another bad line change led to a Tampa goal
Ugly: Delzotto behind Tampa net, tampa rushing Hank on a 2 on 1

*Bob Richards*

I just remembered that at one point in the game, Tampa had what was essentially a Calvary charge of a 4 on 1 vs. Hank. :facepalm:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Bad: Another bad line change led to a Tampa goal
Ugly: Delzotto behind Tampa net, tampa rushing Hank on a 2 on 1

The too many men penalties and poor line changes MUST stop. With the accomplished players and coaches we have, there's absolutely no excuse for it. This is midget-level hockey **** that they're getting wrong.

Vickers8

The too many men penalties and poor line changes MUST stop. With the accomplished players and coaches we have, there's absolutely no excuse for it. This is midget-level hockey **** that they're getting wrong.

Look like the Keystone cops on that line change, Staal fell...embarassing and poor hank made about 4 saves before the goal, if only Strals could have cleared the puck but he fell also

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
A couple of very good periods in this one. Best game of the season with all lines contributing and Hank fired up.

if they keep laying like they have for the last couple of games, this could turn out to be a great season. Voted for Nasher, Hags and Hank, but could easially have thrown a vote at Powe, McD or Girardi. Just a very good team effort. Bad line changes suck, but it'll work itself out as the team "sets".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad