Post-Game Talk: Lightning @ Rangers 2/10/13 "The Adventures of Wade Richards and Rick Gomez"

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Who do you think played better, Garon or Lindback? I thought Lindback but its hard to compare. Any idea why they started their backup if their game last night got cancelled?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Who do you think played better, Garon or Lindback? I thought Lindback but its hard to compare. Any idea why they started their backup if their game last night got cancelled?

garon was supposed to start last night so after the game got cancelled they decided to give him his turn against us.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Nice win, everyone played well. Scary start, but they settled down fairly early and simply denied Tampa many offensive chances. They made Stamkos and St. Louis look silly out there, barely noticed them at all.

Hagelin
Nash
Lundqvist

HM: Halpern, McDonagh, Callahan

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ok, so a few points:

1) This is not about the actual game. Sometimes I'm appalled by the behavior of Rangers fans at games. Some guy before the game, I really hope he was doing some serious pre-gaming and is not just a complete lowlife sober. Anyway some Rangers fan yelled to some girl "Show me your ****!" (breasts rhymes with bits). I was appalled.

2) First the negative. The beginning of the game was one glorious odd man rush for the Bolts after another. Though I remember Devils fans constantly lamenting how during the years when they were really good they'd allow like 20 shots, but the chances they let up were glorious. I think this year Torts is playing a more high risk game that would lead to such opportunities. With our goalie, defense (they can break up some of these odd man rushes) and yes even the offense, I like this method a lot more.

3) The positive. Total domination. 5-1, doesn't even begin to describe it. This is the most talented team I've ever seen the Rangers have. Up and down the lineup no one is out of place. No Boyles, Fedotenkos, Rupps, even Prusts, playing on lines they shouldn't be. Our 3rd line, IMO can be a second line on some teams (they probably won't be elite teams but nonetheless I believe this). We have a 40 goal scorer on the 1st line, a 40 goal scorer on the 2nd line (granted one of these, depending what you consider the first line did it once, but he also scored 30 multiple times), and a guy that probably would have scored 30 two years in a row on the 3rd. We have a bunch of guys playing a lot worse than their career would indicate and none of them are ridiculously old (not even Richards), they should only get better. The defense is excellent. Even Gilroy is serviceable. No comedicly bad 6th defenseman now. Stralman is a very good 5th D-man. Then you have our best player in Hank. I think top to bottom this is the most complete team in the NHL. Even the Hawks have a question mark in goal (as well as he's played). As far as this game goes, seems like we finally are a team that can pass and play puck control. Granted this is not Boston's D. Still, it was impressive to watch the team play puck control. We really dominated the puck. When we got in their zone we constantly made something happen. Meanwhile TB, despite a few good odd man rush opportunities did nothing in their zone. Just total domination.

4) As I said, we have a number of very good players underachieving (even including Stepan in this) and I can't see at least most of these guys not improving significantly. We are about to finish a murderer's row schedule. Things are looking up.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Really pleased with the effort and result. The only caveat being that I'd like to see this performance duplicated against the Pens, Bruins and Devils of the world. Tuesday is their chance to show they can hang with the big boys.

nyr33

Aug 12, 2008
we need a gif of mcd clearing the crease and the stare down after. that was awesome :yo:

Halpern is a much better skater than i thought. him and powe look great. gilroy had a few turnovers but has been much better than bickel.

I thought mdz had a rough game as did richards. But richards made a few key subtle defensive plays. Marc staal is the man

Apr 10, 2012
cMjq8Jp.jpg

OH MY GOD. :laugh::laugh::handclap::laugh::laugh:

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
OH MY GOD. :laugh::laugh::handclap::laugh::laugh:

It was so bad you had to laugh. I rewound it for my son like 10 times. Worst line change I may have ever seen. Torts got into their heads a bit too much about not taking another too many men penalty. You have to wonder what he must've threatened them with, cause you woulda thought their lives were hanging in the balance!

Just was pathetic to watch. I mean hilarious. It was friggin hilarious!

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
It was so bad you had to laugh. I rewound it for my son like 10 times. Worst line change I may have ever seen. Torts got into their heads a bit too much about not taking another too many men penalty. You have to wonder what he must've threatened them with, cause you woulda thought their lives were hanging in the balance!

Just was pathetic to watch. I mean hilarious. It was friggin hilarious!

It was hilarious until they scored, ending Lundy's chance for a shutty. Doesn't mean he most certainly would have gotten it but..come on!

Though, looking at it again, you say to yourself "can it get any worse," and sure enough, Staal falls down. :laugh:

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Ok, so a few points:

1) This is not about the actual game. Sometimes I'm appalled by the behavior of Rangers fans at games. Some guy before the game, I really hope he was doing some serious pre-gaming and is not just a complete lowlife sober. Anyway some Rangers fan yelled to some girl "Show me your ****!" (breasts rhymes with bits). I was appalled.

2) First the negative. The beginning of the game was one glorious odd man rush for the Bolts after another. Though I remember Devils fans constantly lamenting how during the years when they were really good they'd allow like 20 shots, but the chances they let up were glorious. I think this year Torts is playing a more high risk game that would lead to such opportunities. With our goalie, defense (they can break up some of these odd man rushes) and yes even the offense, I like this method a lot more.

3) The positive. Total domination. 5-1, doesn't even begin to describe it. This is the most talented team I've ever seen the Rangers have. Up and down the lineup no one is out of place. No Boyles, Fedotenkos, Rupps, even Prusts, playing on lines they shouldn't be. Our 3rd line, IMO can be a second line on some teams (they probably won't be elite teams but nonetheless I believe this). We have a 40 goal scorer on the 1st line, a 40 goal scorer on the 2nd line (granted one of these, depending what you consider the first line did it once, but he also scored 30 multiple times), and a guy that probably would have scored 30 two years in a row on the 3rd. We have a bunch of guys playing a lot worse than their career would indicate and none of them are ridiculously old (not even Richards), they should only get better. The defense is excellent. Even Gilroy is serviceable. No comedicly bad 6th defenseman now. Stralman is a very good 5th D-man. Then you have our best player in Hank. I think top to bottom this is the most complete team in the NHL. Even the Hawks have a question mark in goal (as well as he's played). As far as this game goes, seems like we finally are a team that can pass and play puck control. Granted this is not Boston's D. Still, it was impressive to watch the team play puck control. We really dominated the puck. When we got in their zone we constantly made something happen. Meanwhile TB, despite a few good odd man rush opportunities did nothing in their zone. Just total domination.

4) As I said, we have a number of very good players underachieving (even including Stepan in this) and I can't see at least most of these guys not improving significantly. We are about to finish a murderer's row schedule. Things are looking up.

1) Wait, so one guy, acting like a stereotypical male jackass, says show me your **** and you equate it to a generalization of all Rangers fans, as if there truly is that risk we are all like that? Pathetic.

2) Pretty sure Torts being redfaced reading the riot act to everyone on the bench for their loose play kinda disproves your theory.

3) On paper, as it was even with the others and before the season started, we were the 'best team in the nhl'. But one game does not make the paper become 3 dimensional. Feel good game for sure. But with all the underperformance you mentioned, and the first time all season we've won 2 in a row, I'd say we've got some ways to go before we could say we're the best team in the nhl in any sort of reality. On paper? Hey, papers nice. We can hang it up in our offices after we miss the playoffs for being only a few games over 500. Hopefully, we will in fact come together and the stars will perform better on the scoresheet. I have faith we will. But it'll be at least 3 weeks of really solid play before we can make any best team claims.

4) Yeah, when players are underperforming to such a level, it is definitely our hopes some will improve significantly as things get rolling. We need it much sooner than later. But tonight definitely felt good, and things are looking up for sure, as long as we keep this consistency going.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I'm not even staying in the PGT tonight, already tired of all the dumb Nash posts. Great win, 2 in a row, lets keep it going.

Yeah, 2 pts tonight, he is on pace to get 70 pts, while not getting anything from the PP.

No matter if he gets pts or not, he is also drawing a ton of attention from the other team and opens up alot of room for players around him. He has been on the ice for 55% of the goals this team has scored which is outstanding and he leads the team in +/-.

Before we get a PP going, we won't have people in the top 10 in scoring. You get so many pts for free and so much momentum from playing on a strong PP. Ours are what, 30th in the league...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Rick Gomez is just so funny :laugh:

I just read it and laugh

Haha, I was searching for Nash and went through the list up and down several times. The list looked long enough, and but after a while I counted the players on it and it wasn't until I started to look for players that didn't play last night I saw Gomez and Redden's name, then it took another couple of minutes before I figured it out...

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Good win.

It's embarrassing how much hate Richards and Nash get. GDTs are unbearable at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad