Post-Game Talk: Lightning at Rangers - Game 7 - Lightning win series 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Everyone calm the **** down. It was an amazing season.

It's a reason the Stanley Cup is one of the most difficult trophies to win.

I'm proud as **** of this team. From the regular season, to rallying against the Caps, to this series.

Let's Go Rangers!!!

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
I put this one on Hank. Both teams were even playing boring defensive hockey. Both goalies had a pretty easy night up until then. Stop that softie and we dont have to push hard which leads to goal 2.

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Honestly we got a lot further than we should have in the playoffs with that Game 5 miracle comeback. We just weren't cut out to win this year with 2 declining players way past their prime (MSL/Boyle) and of course the injury to Zucc. Bad call also by AV tonight to play 7 D which completely negated one of our better lines this series. Just awful coaching by him which is why he will probably never win a cup. You'd think he would learn from his mistakes. Anyway, re-tool and come back stronger next year.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I don't care about the Presidents Trophy. I don't care about winning two rounds. I don't care about the comeback. I don't care about the Stepan goal. This season is a failure. Plain and simple. This team came in with high expectations and they **** the bed when it mattered most. Another year where our offense dries up in April. Another year where they lack killer instinct. This core is just not good enough. A lot of changes need to be made. Maybe start with shipping out the three brainless gorillas on skates that play "defense" for us.

This Rangers team will be remembered only for getting shut out twice in the ECF. They will not be remembered for coming back. The 1992 Rangers are remembered for choking against the Penguins. No one gives a **** how great of a regular season team they were.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
If anyone calls this season anything but a failure, then you don't understand the concept of sports, no offense. You play to win the game. You play to defeat your opponents. No matter how good the game looked, no matter how many amazing chances you have, if the other team has more goals by the end of the game, you've lost, this sin't boxing, there are no style points. We're tied for last place, the same way the loser of the SCF are, but at least they get a special trophy for their efforts.

I'm just upset about the effort tonight more than anything. This was a carbon-copy repeat of game 5, and it's disgusting we could pull something like this again. Hank, while superb at times, gave up a horrendous goal to break the 0-0 tie. And our offense was nowhere to be found.

This team has a major culture issue. And, to be honest, at this point, I wouldn't be upset if we do some significant rebuilding in the offseason. We have a ton of young talent as well as some guys who are better used as trade pieces, like Hagelin.

Hats off to TB, they deserved it and I feel no ill will towards them. They beat us fair and square this game, even with the benefit of one super soft penalty call in the first.

They were hungrier, plain and simple.

Great post with the exception of the last part. I refuse to give that smug piece of **** coach any credit and that team is so over hyped. Rangers rolled over for them the last two home games.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
There wouldnt be goal #2 if we didnt allow goal # 1. On the other hand the lack of scoring is just devastating in this game.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
Embarrassing. They played like utter ********* at home. Surprised they weren't booed off the ice.

Great season. Horrid and pathetic ending. Go out with a fight at least . Seems like the did not give a ****.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
I put this one on Hank. Both teams were even playing boring defensive hockey. Both goalies had a pretty easy night up until then. Stop that softie and we dont have to push hard which leads to goal 2.

Rangers didn't score in the last 120 minutes at MSG. How exactly are they supposed to win like that no matter who is in goal?

TomLaidlaw

Jan 4, 2007
Transylvania
Thought this was our year. This one hurts. Mirror image of Game 5. Didn't force Bishop to make any difficult saves. Just really strange. What happened to the team from the 3rd period in Game 6?

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Because not everyone views the world as simply as you

Sorry, but in sports, it's very black and white. You either win or you lose. There are no moral victories. This season, especially for the PT winning team, is a colossal failure. We have plenty of holes to fix, I'm just upset that with TB up and coming and Montreal getting better and Ottawa getting better and Washington a serious force, as well as Pittsburgh getting healthier and the Islanders getting more experienced, this may be out last shot to win the Cup for a while.

DieByTheShield

Fire AV
Sep 15, 2014
San Diego CA
Has the loss hit anyone yet? I feel completely numb. It'll probably hit me eventually.

I now have something to do this weekend...fix the gaping hole I just made in my wall with a sledgehammer.

I kid, I kid. I am pissed off, however, consider I will have to wait 33 years until the Rangers win again

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
Great season, ****** post season. I wish they had first round draft picks.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Lundqvist has allowed two goals in a Game 7 twice and lost both. Sounds about right but let's keep ******** on one of the best players this franchise has ever had and one of the best Game 7 performers in league history.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
If anyone calls this season anything but a failure, then you don't understand the concept of sports, no offense. You play to win the game. You play to defeat your opponents. No matter how good the game looked, no matter how many amazing chances you have, if the other team has more goals by the end of the game, you've lost, this sin't boxing, there are no style points. We're tied for last place, the same way the loser of the SCF are, but at least they get a special trophy for their efforts. It doesn't matter how great our regular season was, we're losers with this, plain and simple. And it's not shocking why AV has yet to win a Stanley Cup with some of the decisions he's made. I hope the team gets boo'd for the next 4 months for their effort.

I'm just upset about the effort tonight more than anything. This was a carbon-copy repeat of game 5, and it's disgusting we could pull something like this again. Hank, while superb at times, gave up a horrendous goal to break the 0-0 tie. And our offense was nowhere to be found.

This team has a major culture issue. And, to be honest, at this point, I wouldn't be upset if we do some significant rebuilding in the offseason. We have a ton of young talent as well as some guys who are better used as trade pieces, like Hagelin.

Hats off to TB, they deserved it and I feel no ill will towards them. They beat us fair and square this game, even with the benefit of one super soft penalty call in the first.

They were hungrier, plain and simple.

To you. And that's fine. For me, I watch this sport to be entertained. And entertained I was by my Rangers. A Cup is NOT necessary for me to be happy with this season. If I were playing it would be a different story. But as a fan, I can't control the team. I can only watch. And this team gave me a LOT to watch and be happy with this season. So, this guy is a proud and happy fan. Your mileage may vary.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I thought there was a very decent chance during most of the first period.
They got slow and methodical, and that is the kiss of death against the Lightning.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Takes of nyr caps...

Takes of and foldes both my nyr sweater and jersey...

Shakes head...

i'd like to thank the posters here for this season, you guys are awesome...

It's going to be strange not sitting up to 5 in the morning several times a week unik october...

And it's raining heavily outside...a fitting end to this evening...

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Tampa was terrific. Not much else to say. Looking forward to next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad