Post-Game Talk: Lightning at Rangers - Game 7 - Lightning win series 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
If anyone calls this season anything but a failure, then you don't understand the concept of sports, no offense. You play to win the game. You play to defeat your opponents. No matter how good the game looked, no matter how many amazing chances you have, if the other team has more goals by the end of the game, you've lost, this sin't boxing, there are no style points. We're tied for last place, the same way the loser of the SCF are, but at least they get a special trophy for their efforts. It doesn't matter how great our regular season was, we're losers with this, plain and simple. And it's not shocking why AV has yet to win a Stanley Cup with some of the decisions he's made. I hope the team gets boo'd for the next 4 months for their effort.

I'm just upset about the effort tonight more than anything. This was a carbon-copy repeat of game 5, and it's disgusting we could pull something like this again. Hank, while superb at times, gave up a horrendous goal to break the 0-0 tie. And our offense was nowhere to be found.

This team has a major culture issue. And, to be honest, at this point, I wouldn't be upset if we do some significant rebuilding in the offseason. We have a ton of young talent as well as some guys who are better used as trade pieces, like Hagelin.

Hats off to TB, they deserved it and I feel no ill will towards them. They beat us fair and square this game, even with the benefit of one super soft penalty call in the first.

They were hungrier, plain and simple.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
It was a great run, yes, but a total failure to end it. Just brutal. I want MSL off this team asap. Marc Staal and McD were horrible most of this year and they need to snap out of it...wait, it's too late. No way can a team win it all with so many passengers...not to mention tonight we couldn't even finish making passes. Just pathetic display.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Great season. Glad the crowd saluted Hank. Tough way to go out, but it was still a great season. Lack of a Cup doesn't take any of this season's gifts away. Onto next season!

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Why am I not surprised the New York losers put up a goose egg in Game 7 after scoring a lot the game before.

Team played at full capacity what maybe 2 games all playoffs? Well deserved and I'm relieved it's over.

This teams stupidity was its problem all season long, and talent alone won't solve that. Back to the drawing board.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Alright season.

Rangers made a terrible mistake resigning Girardi and Staal to the contracts they did.

Some tweaking and the Rangers can win the cup.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Get some ****ing snipers on this team. Team full of playmakers and no one to consistently net it.

Sigh.

We were given every opportunity by the refs so you can't blame them...

We honestly lost to a better team. Plain and simple... Kills me to say that. I was rooting against Tampa all playoffs long because I knew they were the only team that could beat us from the east.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Can't believe we got shut out in game 5 and 7 by Bishop the rebound king.

Ughhhhhh!

:rant::rant::rant:

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
pathetic showing for a game 7 ECF at home. I'm not even a little proud of this team. Absolute pathetic effort.

Blow the team up absolutely. The current makeup will never win anything.

GO DUCKS.

I don't want to see Richards, Boyle, or Cally raise the cup. Stralsy I don't mind...

LongsufferingRangerf

Apr 7, 2015
Enough of the window is closing talk. It's so ****ing stupid. We have 2 old players on the entire team and one of them ****ing sucks so much that Borque would've been a better option.

Did you watch the Game?

It has nothing to do with age...this team came out with no ****ing heart for Game 7 of the ECF...

mjdlight

Jul 20, 2006
The draft is deep this year. Its time to start thinking of a package that gets us a first rounder, starting with Talbot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad