Post-Game Talk: Lightning 6 @ Panthers 1 - 13/2 * 7 PM EST - v1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterbiz09

Jun 24, 2012
Miami, FL
Great now Bob’s confidence is going to be even lower for weeks. Cool.
upload_2021-2-13_21-40-44.gif

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Bob could please people with a stretch of great games. Or maybe by having a save % over 90 for a little while.
Sure, but again a big part of goaltending is how the team plays around you.

As for stats, nights like this are a good example of why they're a poor tool to use on their own. The team stopped playing after the second goal, but that doesn't stop the remaining 4 from counting against Bob's stats and further proving your point.

:laugh:

I think pretty much everyone is able to make an assessment on Bob's play without Goldies influence. Trust me, I'm not letting Goldie have an impact on how I view Bob.
Yup, because every single person tunes out Goldie like you do, so it must be applicable to every Panthers fan. :rolleyes:

I'll give you an NHL example. Jack Edwards, well known announcer in the hockey community for all the wrong reasons. Your average fan probably realises that he's the biggest homer around and twists what he sees to fit his own narrative. Every now and then there's a discussion "why hasn't Jack Edwards been fired yet?". Well because there is an audience who likes the drivel that comes out of his mouth and some of them actually believe it.

So is it that far fetched to think Goldie can influence how people see our players, especially when it seems to be targeted towards only one player? Don't underestimate the power of subconscious repetitive submission, because everyone faces it on every digital platform on a daily basis.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Vasilevskiy put on a show. Bob did not. That said, they got a lot of chances, hopefully we see McBackup on Monday but I doubt it, he never plays.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
The goalie’s job is still to stop the puck.

The guy on the other side has made some great saves on some not so great defense.

I don’t understand fans who expect zero defensive breakdowns over the course of a hockey game.
This is exactly it. This game shows it. Sure maybe we don’t win anyway but bib simply doesn’t give us a chance whatsoever

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Sure, but again a big part of goaltending is how the team plays around you.

As for stats, nights like this are a good example of why they're a poor tool to use on their own. The team stopped playing after the second goal, but that doesn't stop the remaining 4 from counting against Bob's stats and further proving your point.

Yup, because every single person tunes out Goldie like you do, so it must be applicable to every Panthers fan. :rolleyes:

I'll give you an NHL example. Jack Edwards, well known announcer in the hockey community for all the wrong reasons. Your average fan probably realises that he's the biggest homer around and twists what he sees to fit his own narrative. Every now and then there's a discussion "why hasn't Jack Edwards been fired yet?". Well because there is an audience who likes the drivel that comes out of his mouth and some of them actually believe it.

So is it that far fetched to think Goldie can influence how people see our players, especially when it seems to be targeted towards only one player? Don't underestimate the power of subconscious repetitive submission, because everyone faces it on every digital platform on a daily basis.

:rolleyes:

I think people can see Bob's performance and stats to make up their own mind. Don't need Goldie jumping for joy when Bob makes a save to influence us. Yeah, he's not excited about Bob and his play. But can you blame him.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad