Post-Game Talk: Lightning 6 @ Panthers 1 - 13/2 * 7 PM EST - v1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
This was a bad game to say the least and a disappointing game. I didn’t expect us to necessarily win but weak performance.

Bob’s confidence is shot which sucks after the last game: at times it looks like he didn’t even move to stop the puck.

what do we do? I think we need to see if giving him a. Few weeks off via a LTIR stint could work? Check out his vision or what?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Maybe this team will make the playoffs. If so, that's a testament to good coaching and the play of guys like Barkov. Personally, I hope to see it.

But I don't think you or anyone else will argue that Bobrovsky's contract is anything but an albatross around this team's neck.

I'm long past the point of pretending about a lot of things, those related to hockey and otherwise.
Hockey can change quickly. Bob can still redeem himself (although even if he does, that contract still sucks, but that was DT gambling to save his job and legacy). So it’s still wait and see for me, I’m trying to enjoy their start. Maybe their world will come crashing down - I don’t know, although Hornquist should help give guys context and motivation.

The other things .... not so much. No pretend from me on other things.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
At least Bob hasn't ruined anything yet like Vokoun did. I'm never going to forgive him. Anytime when his name is mentioned, it brings back horrific memories.
Refresh my memory because I legitimately don’t remember/know what you’re referring to?

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
giphy.gif

Where are you?
Haven't seen Kellr this season. Hopefully he's ok.

cheers

I changed my username after last season. That was supposed to be the year, "we are the team to beat" (Ekblad) etc. turned into a classic Panthers shitshow. That broke the camel's back.

I've watched most of the games this year, just don't post that much anymore. I would just bitch and moan all the time anyway so better for you guys lol.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
It's kinda unbelivable how easily Bob gets scored 5-hole when he's down on his knees once the puck enters our zone

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
cheers

I changed my username after last season. That was supposed to be the year, "we are the team to beat" (Ekblad) etc. turned into a classic Panthers shitshow. That broke the camel's back.

I've watched most of the games this year, just don't post that much anymore. I would just bitch and moan all the time anyway so better for you guys lol.

That's what we do!

Reactions: FormerPantherFan

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
If you’re Bob- how do you take the paycheck and feel good about it? His head must be a hot mess.

Said it in the other thread, I could see this taxing him a lot. Certainly if this goes on for another year.

He's taking up massive amount of cap space and not living up to his contract whatsoever. He knows this. The guy is almost single-handedly crippling the operation here.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
It's kinda unbelivable how easily Bob gets scored 5-hole when he's down on his knees once the puck enters our zone

Huby did the exact same move on Vasy but failed. That fake tells so much from Joseph knew exactly what he was going to do.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
A bummer that Vasilevsky shut the door in the first two periods, or the game could have gone in a different direction. But it was more disappointing that there was no adjustment to the PP to counter their aggressive box or the way Tampa played the NZ drop. Not even once did we swap Huberdeau and Ekblad to get the different look.

It was also frustrating to see the team give up multiple breakaways by the last defender being far too aggressive in the NZ (Weegar on the 5th goal, Gudas on the 6th). Wennberg's gamble on the second goal may be in the same category. Bad idea to risk giving a team like that momentum.

Reactions: austropanther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad