Speculation: Lias Andersson asks for a trade - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... it would not surprise me if ownership took that stance rather than doing a favor to someone who acted in the manner you proposed,
That would surprise me.
NYR not in the business of punishing people, they'll do something to help team going forward.
But they wont make a sad trade just to end this sooner
They wont make a "doing Lias a favor trade"

Reactions: haveandare

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
That would surprise me.
NYR not in the business of punishing people, they'll do something to help team going forward.
But they wont make a sad trade just to end this sooner
They wont make a "doing Lias a favor trade"

Well I think there is a bit of a difference if they are offered an actual good return (equivalent of a 2nd rounder or better I suppose) as opposed to if teams just offer them junk like 5th rounders and such. The value of those is so low that that they are better of telling him too bad, we're not getting any good offers and we're not trading you, go play in Europe and the if he improves maybe he'll decide to come back and play for the organization or show other teams he is worth more.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I expect NYR would very likely get back more than equivelant of just 1 2d rounder.
Dont overrate the internet chatter that Lias has destroyed his rep w GMs and scouts
That's just online knowitall chatter.
More likely return is something like a similarly aged F drafted 2d-4th round plus a ~2d, or additional similarly aged player drafted 2d-3d round

Also wont be surprised if he apologizes and returns to HWP

Lotta noise here, but it can die down just as quickly, like with Krav

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Also, since i haven't clearly stated my position on this:

I understand and am ok with Lias requesting a trade. I understand but am not a fan of Lias sitting himself rather than playing.

My ideal solution that i'm hoping for is that after the holidays, Lias publicly apologizes to the organization for how he acted, withdraws his trade request, and puts his nose to the grindstone in an effort to make himself indispensable to the team.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Lias has no future here in NY. He knows we already tried to trade him.

Zbad
Chytil
Howden

Add Strome into the mix If someone goes down or the team needs a shake up.

He’s doing what he feels is best for his career. You’re allowed to be selfish when it comes down to your own life.
The dude has a contract. And also this is probably not what’s best for his career.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Also, since i haven't clearly stated my position on this:

I understand and am ok with Lias requesting a trade. I understand but am not a fan of Lias sitting himself rather than playing.

My ideal solution that i'm hoping for is that after the holidays, Lias publicly apologizes to the organization for how he acted, withdraws his trade request, and puts his nose to the grindstone in an effort to make himself indispensable to the team.
Yep. Requesting a trade is reasonable. Going public and basically protesting your employer...not good.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The dude has a contract. And also this is probably not what’s best for his career.

He’s not taking Zbad, Chytil, or Howdens spot. And Quinn had multiple opportunities to play him at wing and didn’t. He has no future here.

What he’s doing is not what’s best for us, but it could be for him.

Reactions: Lurch

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
He’s not taking Zbad, Chytil, or Howdens spot. And Quinn had multiple opportunities to play him at wing and didn’t. He has no future here.

Does this apply to all prospects who don’t have an immediate path to an NHL roster spot?

Reactions: Pidto Files

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Really it depends on how over-inflated their self evaluation is
I mean, I kind of agree another organization might be better for him. But he’s not going about it the right way. I think Lias from an objective point of view, didn’t get appropriate development. But it wasnt due to the Rangers trying to hold him back. In fact, I’d say he was rushed and given too much responsibility too soon. But considering how good he considers his game that shouldn’t offend him. But here we are...

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I mean, I kind of agree another organization might be better for him. But he’s not going about it the right way. I think Lias from an objective point of view, didn’t get appropriate development. But it wasnt due to the Rangers trying to hold him back. In fact, I’d say he was rushed and given too much responsibility too soon. But considering how good he considers his game that shouldn’t offend him. But here we are...
Nah, his thought process is 'I'm very talented but was given the shaft in the NHL with 4th line plugs and that is the sole reason why I haven't produced or played well. Trade me so I can produce elsewhere'.

I'm not denying their is some validity to what he is thinking but there's more to not producing than having shitty line mates, especially when said shitty line mates show more than you do while playing with you...

Reactions: nyr2k2

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
chances that he gets traded when:
the holiday roster freeze ends,
traded at the trade deadline or
do they make him sit and he gets traded at the NHL Draft??
Accomodating him sets yet another wrong message.
I'd make him sit. Waste a year of his "career".
Sit, think and come to the realization that you have acted similarly to that of a 5 yr. old child, not getting what he wants.
Then again, I am evil.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
How does that benefit the Rangers though? What material benefit is there, as opposed to getting say a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him?
Just curious. What team is giving the Rangers a 2nd or 3rd rounder? Hell, we barely got that for an established Zucch, regardless of age.
Would the Rangers cough up a wnd or 3rd for Pool Party? I suppose, but he certainly showed he can play in the NHL, Lias......not so much.
I am actually tired of my negativity towards Lias, I wish him to make me eat some serious crow.....just so I can get that 2nd rounder in return for him.

Reactions: Pidto Files

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
I absolutely understand him requesting a trade, and don't fault him for that. Its pretty clear that both sides weren't happy with how things were going. That said, there's a right and a wrong way to handle that, and unfortunately he went with the wrong way.

In all honesty I don't think this makes too much of a difference in the grand scheme of things regarding where he'll end up or what we'll get back for him, other than essentially slamming the door on any hopes of him "figuring it out" in Hartford. He was going to have the "change of scenery" or "reclamation project" tag on him regardless, but he's still too young for his slow start here to raise too many red flags that a team won't take a chance on his potential.

I think there's a very good chance that he can make it on another team and have a very long, though unspectacular, NHL career. The irony is that these events might leave him with a pretty big chip on his shoulder that could help push him to the next level.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Does this apply to all prospects who don’t have an immediate path to an NHL roster spot?

Immediate...?

Lias played in NY and Hartford his rookie season. He did so last year too. He did again, this season.

We’re not talking about someone like Kravtsov who bounced out of here the first opportunity he got.

Reactions: romba

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Lias has no future here in NY. He knows we already tried to trade him.

Zbad
Chytil
Howden

Add Strome into the mix If someone goes down or the team needs a shake up.

He’s doing what he feels is best for his career. You’re allowed to be selfish when it comes down to your own life.

I agree but he REALLY should have worked at what he needed to work on at and prove and be able to force NYR that he should be in their plans. he has character issues. he did not do any NYR favors by being lazy and not work as his issues in his game. he needs to grow up.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I’m all in on the timeline where this relationship gets mended and Lias comes back and becomes an actual useful player for this team.

Until then, yawn.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I agree but he REALLY should have worked at what he needed to work on at and prove to NYR that he should be in his plans. he has character issues. he did not do any NYR favors by being lazy and not work as his issues in his game. he needs to grow up.

You can make an argument that he did.

He came into camp in great shape and outplayed Howden. Despite this fact, he started on the 4th line.

Quinn had multiple opportunities to give Lias a look at 3C when Howden was playing like a crap. Or even at Wing in the Top-9. He even admitted playing Lias up would give him a spark, yet never did.

I’m actually a huge Quinn supporter. I just completely disagree with the way he tried developing Lias.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I think if you're expecting a 2nd+ for him your expectations are way too high.
Yeah it's pretty binary, either
my expectations are too high,
or yours are too low

Lather, rinse, repeat

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
You can make an argument that he did.

He came into camp in great shape and outplayed Howden. Despite this fact, he started on the 4th line.

Quinn had multiple opportunities to give Lias a look at 3C when Howden was playing like a crap. He even admitted playing Lias up would give him a spark, yet never did.

I’m actually a huge Quinn supporter. I just completely disagree with the way he tried developing Lias.

Eventually, one of the two will be vindicated. Though it will be hard to discern if Quinn truly botched the situation unless Lias finds near-immediate NHL success at his next stop.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Imo he probably could have taken Howden’s spot if he actually tried in Hartford. If he were hovering around ppg while Howden was struggling at 3C, I’m pretty confident Lias would have gotten a chance there.

He gave Quinn a great reason to not give him that chance by floating around on Hartford and putting up bad numbers.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Imo he probably could have taken Howden’s spot if he actually tried in Hartford. If he were hovering around ppg while Howden was struggling at 3C, I’m pretty confident Lias would have gotten a chance there.

He gave Quinn a great reason to not give him that chance by floating around on Hartford and putting up bad numbers.

By the time he was in Hartford he was done as a Ranger imo. Evaluating his play during his last stint down there isn’t an accurate example of the type of player Lias is or can be. You can tell his confidence was completely shot.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
my position has circled around to this kid isnt all that talented.

he doesnt skate nearly well enough and he lacks explosiveness or quickness in everything he does. his "intangibles" just dont seem to move the needle much.

hockey is played at pace with feet moving. this is the area he struggles with

hes acted like a doofus and hes dangerously close to josh ho sang territory here.

bottom line, it isnt quinns fault that this kid has literally done zero as a pro to be considered anything but a complete failure- to this point.

his numbers are atrocious and it seems his attitude is as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad