Prospect Info: Liam Ohgren LW, 19th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
I've got a map of St. Paul and some thumb tacls ready, but I'm quite busy. Anyone able to help me with planning the parade?

We could use a little more unbridled enthusiasm around here. I would plan 3 cups in a row.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
How can Yurov not understand he’s a guaranteed top 6 player on this team next year.

Also how can Billy the Dull not guarantee him a one way contract to make it happen knowing that anyone is better than Marjo , Zucc , Freddy etc

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
How can Yurov not understand he’s a guaranteed top 6 player on this team next year.

Also how can Billy the Dull not guarantee him a one way contract to make it happen knowing that anyone is better than Marjo , Zucc , Freddy etc
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the above. I thought the last we heard was that Yurov wanted all of the B bonuses included in his contract. Though likely not attainable, the Wild would have to account for him at basically a $4.5M cap hit.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the above. I thought the last we heard was that Yurov wanted all of the B bonuses included in his contract. Though likely not attainable, the Wild would have to account for him at basically a $4.5M cap hit.
Great , let’s make it happen. Place half the f***ing team on waivers.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Bonuses don't count towards the cap until after the season is over. If they take the team over the cap the difference is just carried over to the next season as dead cap.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Bonuses don't count towards the cap until after the season is over. If they take the team over the cap the difference is just carried over to the next season as dead cap.
Oh dang ….so we’re mostly back to Guerin just being Guerin

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Oh dang ….so we’re mostly back to Guerin just being Guerin
Well, I'm pretty sure ELCs do not allow any NMC/NTC clauses or one-way stipulations. So all that is out of the Wild's hands, the only tools you have for negotiation are bonuses and verbal promises (which don't hold much) while limited to max rookie AAV and term limits. So there's nothing the Wild can put on paper to give Yurov's camp legal obligation to keep him up on the NHL side.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well, I'm pretty sure ELCs do not allow any NMC/NTC clauses or one-way stipulations. So all that is out of the Wild's hands, the only tools you have for negotiation are bonuses and verbal promises (which don't hold much) while limited to max rookie AAV and term limits. So there's nothing the Wild can put on paper to give Yurov's camp legal obligation to keep him up on the NHL side.

Basically the only thing negotiable for ELCs are:
-what bonus sets they are eligible for
-salary per year (league min to $925k)
-assignment clause if they aren't on the NHL team (Ohgren this season)
-small signing bonus per year

Everything else is set per league rules:
- 2-way deal
- term set by signing age
- NTC/MNC aren't possible

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I doubt that Guerin wants to continually add dead money to future years. Look at Rossi, Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, and Faber’s bonuses. None of them are even close to half of the max bonuses on a per year basis.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I doubt that Guerin wants to continually add dead money to future years. Look at Rossi, Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, and Faber’s bonuses. None of them are even close to half of the max bonuses on a per year basis.

GMBG doesn't like bonuses at all going from his past signings. Giving them a chance at a "B" bonus doesn't really hurt anything. It's a top-10 league wide in a category.

The max for "A" tier bonuses are $850k ($1m for '22 and later drafts). "B" tier is a $2m ($2.5m '22 and later drafts) max. FWDs would need roughly 40g, 60a, or 100p to qualify for league wide top-10 "B" bonus.

Kap this year would qualify for a "B" bonus in goals and ToI. Maybe he would meet the requirements points per game and/or 1st/2nd team All Star (end of season award, not AS game). If Yurov has this quality of a season then he'd be more than worth the dead cap the next season.

Rossi this year is due $425k for 2 "A" bonuses (20g, top-6 ToI), and maybe gets a 3rd for all rookie team.

Faber would have "A" bonuses (4 max) 25a, 40p, top-4 ToI, .49 ppg, top-2 in blocks, with the chance at meeting it for all rookie team and +/-. He would have had a "B" bonus for ToI (league wide). This cost him $2.85m in bonus pay because he didn't have the clauses in his contract.

Guerin decided it was okay to carry dead money for 8 years with the buyouts. So I don't think he cares about dead money.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
GMBG doesn't like bonuses at all going from his past signings. Giving them a chance at a "B" bonus doesn't really hurt anything. It's a top-10 league wide in a category.

The max for "A" tier bonuses are $850k ($1m for '22 and later drafts). "B" tier is a $2m ($2.5m '22 and later drafts) max. FWDs would need roughly 40g, 60a, or 100p to qualify for league wide top-10 "B" bonus.

Kap this year would qualify for a "B" bonus in goals and ToI. Maybe he would meet the requirements points per game and/or 1st/2nd team All Star (end of season award, not AS game). If Yurov has this quality of a season then he'd be more than worth the dead cap the next season.

Rossi this year is due $425k for 2 "A" bonuses (20g, top-6 ToI), and maybe gets a 3rd for all rookie team.

Faber would have "A" bonuses (4 max) 25a, 40p, top-4 ToI, .49 ppg, top-2 in blocks, with the chance at meeting it for all rookie team and +/-. He would have had a "B" bonus for ToI (league wide). This cost him $2.85m in bonus pay because he didn't have the clauses in his contract.

Guerin decided it was okay to carry dead money for 8 years with the buyouts. So I don't think he cares about dead money.
Then why doesn’t every team do it for every prospect?

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Ok, enough with the pictures everybody. Quit clowning around. This is a hockey board, we're not supposed to have fun.
1713225893970.png

• Haha
Reactions: BagHead

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Have been pleasantly surprised by his game. Faster than i thought, willing and able in puck battles. Killer shot? I think his bent over skating style makes him look smaller than he is.

He's sort of like the player that we thought we might be getting in Beckman.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Have been pleasantly surprised by his game. Faster than i thought, willing and able in puck battles. Killer shot? I think his bent over skating style makes him look smaller than he is.

He's sort of like the player that we thought we might be getting in Beckman.
Do you still think he's gonna be in the AHL next year?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Kap, Boldy, Hartman, Ohgren, Foligno, Zucc (Yurov?) is a very solid Top 9 group of wingers. Our PP2 should be much more of a threat in coming years, though that’s not saying much. The PK is still a complete disaster.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Kap, Boldy, Hartman, Ohgren, Foligno, Zucc (Yurov?) is a very solid Top 9 group of wingers. Our PP2 should be much more of a threat in coming years, though that’s not saying much. The PK is still a complete disaster.

Khus has the tools and potential to help improve the PK

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Khus has the tools and potential to help improve the PK
Agreed. One would think the issue isn’t personnel - JEE, Brodin, Faber and Foligno are all excellent to great defensive players. I think it’s a systems problem

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
the pic a few posts back reminded me of "homey the clown" for all you in living color fans. i hope ohgren can be a 2nd line 20G scorer for years to come. cheers

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He could probably play in the NHL next year but I think my preference would be to see him continue to develop his scoring in the AHL

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
On KFAN this morning, Guerin all but said Ohgren and Marat were locks to make the roster next season.

Reactions: Blue Ox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad