LetsGoWings.com down?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
When will you people realize that I AM the lazy; I am the suck.

Don't have discord on my work PC, but I will get on the discord when I get home tonight. THIS TIME I'm not lying. I swear.

Fam, this is bad. Worse than bad. @MabusIncarnate were you ever able to get in touch with Matt?

well, you are just a pair of debilitated legs. I think the fact you can use the interwebs at all is pretty damn amazing.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
well, you are just a pair of debilitated legs. I think the fact you can use the interwebs at all is pretty damn amazing.

I was banned from letsgowings.com in 2015 after being a regular for many years.

After reevaluating my life, much soul searching, and growing as a human, I was allowed to make my illustrious return in 2017. And I stole my new name from this stanza of an eminem song:

It's a, sick world we live in these days
"Slim for Pete's sakes put down Christopher Reeve's legs!"
Geez, you guys are so sensitive
"Slim it's a touchy subject, try and just don't mention it"

Unironically, the song is titled: I'm Back

Along with Eminem's connection to Detroit and the copious amount of times he brings up Christopher Reeve in his music, I thought some of my fellow smooth-brained colleagues may have been able to piece together this connection and recognizes my outstandingly clever wit... but alas they never did.

Also I like the shock value of the name lol

I only tell you this now bc I've never had the opportunity to explain my name before, and also for the benefit of my dingus friends who are reading this.

PS can't thank the modding staff enough for allowing us to take up space on this board while our site is down. When the Red Wings return the playoffs we should have a friendly photoshop/meme war among the boards.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Looks as though LGW is down for the count...
Not Found

The requested URL /forums/1-general/ was not found on this server.

I was banned from letsgowings.com in 2015 after being a regular for many years.

After reevaluating my life, much soul searching, and growing as a human, I was allowed to make my illustrious return in 2017. And I stole my new name from this stanza of an eminem song:

Along with Eminem's connection to Detroit and the copious amount of times he brings up Christopher Reeve in his music, I thought some of my fellow smooth-brained colleagues may have been able to piece together this connection and recognizes my outstandingly clever wit... but alas they never did.

I only tell you this now bc I've never had the opportunity to explain my name before, and also for the benefit of my dingus friends who are reading this.

PS can't thank the modding staff enough for allowing us to take up space on this board while our site is down. When the Red Wings return the playoffs we should have a friendly photoshop/meme war among the boards.

giphy.gif

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Of all times for it to go down, right before the season starts.

Last edited:

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I was banned from letsgowings.com in 2019 after being a regular for many years.

Its True, CRL/number 9 is a legend on LGW.com.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
To be fair, I imagine most forums have been dying since Reddit came into mainstream. HFboards is still active due to there being all 31 team’s fans and it’s niche on prospects, but other forums won’t survive much longer

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
To be fair, I imagine most forums have been dying since Reddit came into mainstream. HFboards is still active due to there being all 31 team’s fans and it’s niche on prospects, but other forums won’t survive much longer

They can last if they have something unique. For example, if there is a podcast that is very popular and the podcast has a forum, that can work. Just a random fan forum that offers nothing more then communication, different story.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Reddit is confusing. It's hard to get good flow reading on there. Forums and facebook groups are easier to read. But I wouldn't make a group on FB since they heavily censor and can delete the group without warning.

Reactions: MBH

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Reddit blows.
But it's growing.

I think Twitter is what's really killed message boards.

Twitter. Facebook. Instagram. TikTok. All platforms that seem to really isolate the user experience and create bubbles that feed and reinforce things a person already thinks. Over the past 25-30 years that I've been on various digital forums, message boards, etc., I've noticed a pretty crazy shift from logging on and interacting with people to something that is far more speed obsessed. When I think of what might be driving it I think it might just be cell phones.

We used to have to sit down at a desk, crank up the PC, and invest time in doing this stuff. I'm not sure that is how most people access the web any more.

Akakabuto

Nov 29, 2018
Been down for another two weeks, I don't know what the issue is. Saw some Russian spammers and went to flag them and the site was offline, this was on the 9th I think. I hope the place doesn't die off.

Are you in any communication with Matt?

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
No, not at all. I've sent him PMs, sent him a message on Xbox Live, and I have a post on the moderator section of the forums from December 2019 about the site outages and whatnot and still has no reply. I see he gets on the site every now and again but he doesn't say anything on the forums. The other mods are seemingly gone also except maybe Jedi checks in a couple times a year. I wish I had more info because a lot of users have been asking me what's going on and why the site keeps going offline for weeks at a time, I have no answers.

Reactions: Akakabuto

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
No, not at all. I've sent him PMs, sent him a message on Xbox Live, and I have a post on the moderator section of the forums from December 2019 about the site outages and whatnot and still has no reply. I see he gets on the site every now and again but he doesn't say anything on the forums. The other mods are seemingly gone also except maybe Jedi checks in a couple times a year. I wish I had more info because a lot of users have been asking me what's going on and why the site keeps going offline for weeks at a time, I have no answers.
You're like the last man alive on a space station. Obviously, if the team didn't suck, that site would have a lot more activity and likely more mods who give a crap.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

kliq

Dec 17, 2017

the entire situation sucks, I love that board but I hesitate to even post because it’s always down. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Reactions: Konnan511

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad